Foundational Latin American John Leguizamo call out James Franco as Fidel Castro

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Like this board never went crazy when non-ADOS were picked for certain roles :unimpressed:

I don’t understand the tweet. Back then ethnic people changed their names and in the case of Rita Hayworth went through a number of extensive procedures to fit in with the milieu of the day. Sure, some women found a niche as the sultry Latina sexpot but no actor or actress wants to be typecast.

Hell, even Rudolph Valentino, who was known as the prototypical Latin lover, was Italian.

I see a lot of people complaining about Latinos organizing and wanting to be white during the civil movement era, and while in hindsight it was incredibly misguided, it was done so in the hopes that first and second generation Latinos could be afforded opportunities and integrate into white America. You have to keep in mind that one of the biggest cases LULAC fought was in regards to a Mexican American soldier being refused a proper military funeral by white owners…that is the social climate we are talking about
LULAC ever denounce their anti black and anti civil rights past?

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
When he's on this soapbox, I doubt he is campaigning for people that look like Laz Alonso or Gina Torres.

They want to push that mainstream "latin" look, which is basically what latinos in some of these telenovelas look like. There is a lot of colorism in the latino community.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cultural Appropriation but y'all remember when he played an Italian :troll:

DygfzySNU7qr4MgazK35FJ-1920-80.jpg

They told him “Latin people don’t want to see Latin people in movies…they want to see white people”

:wow:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Why is that shocking?
He’s one of the most hated figures in American history. It’s a controversial subject to create a definitive depiction of when America still has hostilities with Cuba and his family is still in leadership. Very unexpected move.