R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Watching right now

Man I swear the ascension of Nash in 98 is so overlooked in wrestling history, Dude ended up being more popular than Goldberg by the end of the year :wow:

And WCW just threw it away :snoop:
He better be considering he had that book. For some reason, I had it being Nash and Hall in the beginning but when Sting joined, the crowd nuts. Yeah he should never joined but just like with Austin or Rock, whatever he touched made money.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He better be considering he had that book. For some reason, I had it being Nash and Hall in the beginning but when Sting joined, the crowd nuts. Yeah he should never joined but just like with Austin or Rock, whatever he touched made money.
Nash wasn’t booking then. When he got it is when Hogan got the belt back and took over the Wolfpac :francis:

And yeah, People hate love to hate on Wolfpac Sting but its EASILY his most popular incarnations.

They brought out a fake a Wolfpac Sting in 2000 and the crowd went apeshyt. Same happened when he started wearing the colors again in TNA.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
GOAT Stable :wow:

Right up until.....

3TAOGS6.gif

Looking like a fuccking idiot :scust:
GOAT theme but they were never the GOAT stable.
this is when WCW got really clueless. NWO should've stayed the original 3.
They were more of a threat when they added new members, the problem is that they added too many people. Plus if they had only kept it at 3 then we would've never gotten "Madness" Savage, who imo is the GOAT version of Savage.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
That logo drove sting to become a recluse, so on one hand id think I’d be like fukk the nWo in any color or variation forever.

then again after lurking around in rafters with a baseball bat crows and my thoughts for well over a year I’d have probably been alright with joining a crew

Sting seemed to be legitimately having fun in the Wolfpac which helped, plus that colorway made for dope merch

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
The Wolfpac was pretty much ruined from the start when Scott Hall turned on Nash and sided with Hogan, no one wanted this to happen and it made no sense from a storyline perspective. I believe Nash has said in shoot interviews that Hogan was politicking for Hall to be on his side so according to Nash 'he could have someone cool on his team'. I wouldn't doubt that, it sounds like something Hogan would do. I remember them kinda shooting on each in promos back then too.

LOL @ how fukked up Nash is in this promo:

You can say it was a bad idea in retrospect, but at the time, damn near everyone wanted Sting in the Wolfpac and when he joined it was a great moment:

unlike a lot of fans I wasn't really a fan of red and black tomato sting look and his character never fit in with the rest of the group, IMO.

The whole thing could've been so much better had Mach and Hennig never gotten hurt and Hall joined them like he should've. That way, Sting doesn't need to join and can remain WCW, then the Wolfpac could destroy NWO Hollywood instead of merging them together which was another stupid idea.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I know in wrestling, loyalties come and go, but when Sting joined the Wolfpac, he basically joined up with the two guys (Nash and Macho Man) who cost him the World Heavyweight Championship just a month and a half prior. It was just weird seeing Sting be all braggadocios after being silent and sullen for years.

I did like Wolfpac Sting, but yeah, in retrospect, it didn't make any sense.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Someone said it best when they said nWo Wolfpac is like when your little sister wants to join the nWo

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They were neck and neck with DX in popularity that summer. Konnan made them look more hip
Wasn’t shyt neck & neck lol. Look at them wcw crowds in 98 and then look at them wwf crowds in 98.