Forced to focus on the things that really matter.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop:

I could have sworn I stated that Alabama's major city had rebuilt most of the inner city high schools......and the students were still failing..

Yet you post info in regards to Alabama as a whole

Birmingham\Bessemer\Tarrant probably got 2 high schools older than 10 years between em......Either the building is new or completely renovated

Carver, which was constructed in 2001, was supposed to be a state of the art facility....

Woodlawn is still old as dirt, but its a magnet school and still outperforms 90% of the Bham\Bessemer\Tarrant schools with brand new facilities.......

What I posted specifically says that poor and black students in Alabama are doing better

You said "test scores are lower than ever" and apparently that assertion was incorrect.

Do you have anything concrete to back up your claims?

All of these schools are well below the states average Grad Rate........And test scores are:scusthov:

They were low and :scusthov: before reform and they are improving now. Wouldn't that mean that reform is working?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I posted specifically says that poor and black students in Alabama are doing better

You said "test scores are lower than ever" and apparently that assertion was incorrect.

Do you have anything concrete to back up your claims?

nikka I live here...And screw that article you posted. It does not accurately reflect what's happening in the HAM....

How you gonna tell me what's going on in my backyard?

51 schools in Birmingham metro area listed as low-achieving | al.com

Birmingham Education Foundation summit outlines challenges and opportunities for city schools | al.com

And again, I said Alabama's MAJOR CITY.........

That article refers to Alabama's poorest students, and I bet ya a tin pan of dog shyt vs a rack that the majority of those "poorest" students used for this paper are white.....

I thought we were dealing with the black community here...The inner city?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka I live here...And screw that article you posted. It does not accurately reflect what's happening in the HAM....

How you gonna tell me what's going on in my backyard?

51 schools in Birmingham metro area listed as low-achieving | al.com

Birmingham Education Foundation summit outlines challenges and opportunities for city schools | al.com

Obviously you don't fully understand what's going on "in your own backyard"

You said "test scores are lower than ever" that assertion is incorrect, there is no way for you to spin that.

As for as the links you posted. They echo the sentiment that I have had this entire thread. Poor kids need more resources. The success of programs in Alabama and the rest of the country proves this. Why are you so against this idea?

I thought we were dealing with the black community here...The inner city

Again the link I posted specifically says BLACK STUDENTS. You can ignore the truth if you want but that won't change reality

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously you don't fully understand what's going on "in your own backyard"

You said "test scores are lower than ever" that assertion is incorrect, there is no way for you to spin that.

As for as the links you posted. They echo the sentiment that I have had this entire thread. Poor kids need more resources. The success of programs in Alabama and the rest of the country proves this. Why are you so against this idea?

:what:

Stop it man..Just stop it...

Does it mean that much for you to be right that you're gonna throw common sense out the window?

Jesus...

Those articles reflect what I've been saying....
Did you conveniently ignore this part?

In Birmingham, test scores have fallen and student achievement has faltered. The average ACT score among students is 18. UAB requires a score of 21 from its applicants to enroll, Froning said. The school system has a high school graduation rate of 55 percent.

and

Fifty-one schools in the Birmingham metro area -- including 31 Birmingham city schools -- are chronic failures, according to a list created by the state under new federal guidelines

or the reporter whose beat is the Bham school system has the incorrect assertion as well?

Nowhere in that article you posted did it deal with Bham exclusively. From the jump, I've been talking about Birmingham City Schools, not Alabama as whole, because the state is 70% white....

Poverty plays a part to an extent, but its not an underlying cause for poor performance in schools, not even close...

I'm starting to believe that you have never been close to poor or broke a day in your life because of the way you throw the "poverty" excuse around.......

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:what:

Stop it man..Just stop it...

Does it mean that much for you to be right that you're gonna throw common sense out the window?

Jesus...

Those articles reflect what I've been saying....
Did you conveniently ignore this part?

and

or the reporter whose beat is the Bham school system has the incorrect assertion as well?

Nowhere in that article you posted did it deal with Bham exclusively. From the jump, I've been talking about Birmingham City Schools, not Alabama as whole, because the state is 70% white....

Poverty plays a part to an extent, but its not an underlying cause for poor performance in schools, not even close...

I'm starting to believe that you have never been close to poor or broke a day in your life because of the way you throw the "poverty" excuse around.......

Like I've said plenty of times on this site. I do this for a living. I research this information and advocate for our kids EVERYDAY. The misinformation that has been promoted about our kids is that their parents don't care and that more resources wont help them. I fight against those assertions EVERYDAY. You nikkas just see a news headline and think you learned something.

Poor kids achievement in Alabama has always been low. Since they implemented the CIP(continuous improvement plan) poor students, black in particular have been doing a lot better.

By making statements such as this one.
poor education in the black community is a social issue and no longer a resource issue

You only undermine the progress people such as myself are fighting for.

As for Birmingham specifically(which you didn't specify in the first post)

Birmingham exam results continue to improve | birminghamnewsroom.com

At the end of Key Stage 4, the percentage of pupils achieving 5A*-C GCSE grades including English and mathematics (54.9%) now equals the national percentage, and the city is equal first on this measure in comparison with other large urban authorities and local authorities identified by the DfE as being demographically similar. In addition, the percentage of pupils achieving 5A*-C grades in any subjects has improved again this year to 81.8%. Birmingham’s results are once again above the national average on this measure (75.6%) and the city is also equal first in comparison with
The info is there. You just have to remove the blinders to see it.

Student Achievement Results in the Birmingham Area

What these results show is sometimes different than what we hear on our local news, particularly with respect to achievement on state-mandated tests. Birmingham City is doing something right, particularly at the elementary level, in many of its schools. There is always work to be done, more children to educate, higher levels to achieve. But we should stop and celebrate the success that Birmingham is having. We need to congratulate the teachers and administrators and parents and families and children who are working hard and showing positive results.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I've said plenty of times on this site. I do this for a living. I research this information and advocate for our kids EVERYDAY. The misinformation that has been promoted about our kids is that their parents don't care and that more resources wont help them. I fight against those assertions EVERYDAY. You nikkas just see a news headline and think you learned something.

Poor kids achievement in Alabama has always been low. Since they implemented the CIP(continuous improvement plan) poor students, black in particular have been doing a lot better.

By making statements such as this one.

You only undermine the progress people such as myself are fighting for.

As for Birmingham specifically(which you didn't specify in the first post)

Birmingham exam results continue to improve | birminghamnewsroom.com

The info is there. You just have to remove the blinders to see it.

Student Achievement Results in the Birmingham Area

Hey man. I believe you a good dude and all, but that first link says a whole lot of nothing and only applies to elementary schools...

Everyone knows that the drop offs in performance starts in jr. high or right after jr. high...

and you may wanna take another look at that 2nd link......

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hey man. I believe you a good dude and all, but that first link says a whole lot of nothing and only applies to elementary schools...

Everyone knows that the drop offs in performance starts in jr. high or right after jr. high...

and you may wanna take another look at that 2nd link......

Not true either. Early childhood education is VERY important.

Like I said read up on it. If we're going to advocate that our people improve we need to educate ourselves on how to do that.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This year I became a conscious capitalist (credit 50 Cent for influencing that).

Im going to do my part the best way I can, donating a % of every dollar I make so someone else has a chance.