Forbes: Will Surviving Gunfire Be Donald Trump’s Next Appeal To Black Voters?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
It goes back to what I've said above...not sure why the Conservatives, MAGA, and the GOP always have Black people on their minds when something serious or embarrassing happens to them.
Because they think that WE will align with anything/anyone dysfunctional. It’s the ultimate insult that Black maga supporters can’t seem to grasp.

They truly think less of Black people. I mean whites on both sides do but republicans REALLY think we are animals.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
The damage that rap music has done to the perception of black people globally is probably irreversible at this point.

Rap music has successfully spread the myth that black people are only moved and entertained by low level street/hood/degenerate /violent ish.

The amount of "this has definitely secured the black vote for Trump" comments I've seen is just :snoop: and more than likely made by mostly non black people who genuinely think that way because THEY THEMSELVES see only that aspect of black culture.
This

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
COLI, did we read the article….?:jbhmm::jbhmm:

“The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has repeatedly contended that the August 2023 release of his criminal mugshot deeply resonated with Black voters because they know firsthand the unfairness of our nation’s criminal justice system. He has since relied on that narrative to persuade more Black Americans to cast votes for him this November. More Black men now than four years ago say they’re voting for Trump this time, but not many of them say they’re planning to do so because of any notion of shared kinship with judicial injustice.
Hopefully, being shot doesn’t become a similarly problematic strategy to link Trump with an experience that far too many (not all) Black people have. Instead, using his powerful platform to advocate fixing this through public policy and significant financial investments into urban Black communities is the opportunity that awaits Trump once he recovers from the tragedy that occurred at his rally. Another racially problematic kinship narrative is unlikely to make Black voters see Trump as one of them. And it most certainly won’t fix the gun violence crisis in rural, suburban, and urban places in which too many Americans are unnecessarily placed at risk of being shot.
symbol

00:56

03:12

Read More
Immediately after shots were fired, Trump fell and then secret service agents rushed to his side. He was down just over one minute. As the agents lifted him and he stood again, Trump looked into the crowd and raised his fist.
Black Power Salute 1968
Black Power Salute 1968

Extending gloved hands skyward in racial protest, [+]COPYRIGHT 1968 AP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.

After winning gold and bronze medals for their spectacular performances in the men’s 200-meter race at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City, American track athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised gloved fists as they stood on the podium. The two Black men were protesting racial injustice in their home country as “The Star-Spangled Banner” began to play. The photograph of what has since become known as the “Black Power Salute” remains one of the most iconic images in global sports history. Hopefully Trump doesn’t claim that his raised fist was an homage to Smith and Carlos, two powerful Black Americans.
In June 2020, many Black Americans and supporters from other racial groups marched in cities all across the nation with their fists raised. They were protesting Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s murder of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man. Many outraged citizens peacefully marched outside the White House. Then-President Trump weaponized the National Guard and law enforcement against them. But now, just over four years later, there’s a chance that his raised fist at the Pennsylvania rally becomes erroneously connected to the Black people who were marching with fists raised in rallies in summer 2020 and at other moments in American history. Let’s hope not.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The damage that rap music has done to the perception of black people globally is probably irreversible at this point.

Rap music has successfully spread the myth that black people are only moved and entertained by low level street/hood/degenerate /violent ish.

The amount of "this has definitely secured the black vote for Trump" comments I've seen is just :snoop: and more than likely made by mostly non black people who genuinely think that way because THEY THEMSELVES see only that aspect of black culture.
We have to be honest, there are a lot of black dumbasses leaning into this bullshyt too. It sucks when you have a brain and see folks who share your skin color big upping a dude who wish they were dead for dumb ass shyt like this and "he gave us checks".

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
We have to be honest, there are a lot of black dumbasses leaning into this bullshyt too. It sucks when you have a brain and see folks who share your skin color big upping a dude who wish they were dead for dumb ass shyt like this and "he gave us checks".
They turned our weapon(hip hop) against us

nikkas getting high of their own supply—again :francis:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Written by a :wrist:, bald kewn.
Yet, for some reason we are not suppose to recognize that educated Black LGBTQ+ does not seem to have a proclivity to work against us as a people. He has the power to write something poignant and thought provoking, yet he chose with all of his education and access to write up something like this.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency

Technically not a c00n so everything’s cool right :skip:

Just because you married Black, does not mean you are not a c00n. c00n is comprised of many actions, from the guy on the street causing havoc in the Black community, to the guy who is highly educated but decides to use that education to make op-eds about his own people that are stereotypical. They are both c00ns, they both cause harm to us, they both should be seen in the same light.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Oh, I got caught up. My mistake, I did not read the article and made an erroneous judgment. I retract my statements about the writer.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Oh, I got caught up. My mistake, I did not read the article and made an erroneous judgment. I retract my statements about the writer.
Yeah they did buddy a major disservice with that title. Set him up for all sorts of clickbait hatred to be flung his way. I feel bad for him

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
COLI, did we read the article….?:jbhmm::jbhmm:

“The presumptive Republican presidential nominee has repeatedly contended that the August 2023 release of his criminal mugshot deeply resonated with Black voters because they know firsthand the unfairness of our nation’s criminal justice system. He has since relied on that narrative to persuade more Black Americans to cast votes for him this November. More Black men now than four years ago say they’re voting for Trump this time, but not many of them say they’re planning to do so because of any notion of shared kinship with judicial injustice.
Hopefully, being shot doesn’t become a similarly problematic strategy to link Trump with an experience that far too many (not all) Black people have. Instead, using his powerful platform to advocate fixing this through public policy and significant financial investments into urban Black communities is the opportunity that awaits Trump once he recovers from the tragedy that occurred at his rally. Another racially problematic kinship narrative is unlikely to make Black voters see Trump as one of them. And it most certainly won’t fix the gun violence crisis in rural, suburban, and urban places in which too many Americans are unnecessarily placed at risk of being shot.
symbol

00:56

03:12

Read More
Immediately after shots were fired, Trump fell and then secret service agents rushed to his side. He was down just over one minute. As the agents lifted him and he stood again, Trump looked into the crowd and raised his fist.
Black Power Salute 1968
Black Power Salute 1968

Extending gloved hands skyward in racial protest, [+]COPYRIGHT 1968 AP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.

After winning gold and bronze medals for their spectacular performances in the men’s 200-meter race at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City, American track athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised gloved fists as they stood on the podium. The two Black men were protesting racial injustice in their home country as “The Star-Spangled Banner” began to play. The photograph of what has since become known as the “Black Power Salute” remains one of the most iconic images in global sports history. Hopefully Trump doesn’t claim that his raised fist was an homage to Smith and Carlos, two powerful Black Americans.
In June 2020, many Black Americans and supporters from other racial groups marched in cities all across the nation with their fists raised. They were protesting Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin’s murder of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man. Many outraged citizens peacefully marched outside the White House. Then-President Trump weaponized the National Guard and law enforcement against them. But now, just over four years later, there’s a chance that his raised fist at the Pennsylvania rally becomes erroneously connected to the Black people who were marching with fists raised in rallies in summer 2020 and at other moments in American history. Let’s hope not.
💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Yeah they did buddy a major disservice with that title. Set him up for all sorts of clickbait hatred to be flung his way. I feel bad for him
A lot of times, people do not have time to read the whole argument presented in a op-ed, so the tone of the work is judge initially by the title. They know what they are doing, when they do that. Which annoys me, because it is not hard to make sure the tone of the title fits the writing.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Gotta pick better headlines :yeshrug: People literally don’t read articles past the headlines anyway. Just say whet you want to say in the headline. He got a lot of hits with it though I guess

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Not reading. But Hopefully this article opens eyes to pandering so this doesn't become a thing