:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

londonize

Pro
Daps
Y'all said I don't read comics
Lol
Y'all don't even know his right name

Of course thats his name, its also his name in the show AND his appearances in young justice. I just went with the title because more people watch tv than read comics.

The thing that matters here is that he's a black superhero who has his own sidekick and villains. He's not some shytty race-bending remake of a white character but a fully original creation. He's been used to address racism, crime and gangs etc.

The only reason he isn't front and center as THE african american superhero is because DC are morons (alternate theory: they dont want a powerful, relatable and inspiring black male character when they can go with a B tier diversity pick like cyborg who isnt as relatable and no one cares that much about).

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Of course thats his name, its also his name in the show AND his appearances in young justice. I just went with the title because more people watch tv than read comics.

The thing that matters here is that he's a black superhero who has his own sidekick and villains. He's not some shytty race-bending remake of a white character but a fully original creation. He's been used to address racism, crime and gangs etc.

The only reason he isn't front and center as THE african american superhero is because DC are morons (alternate theory: they dont want a powerful, relatable and inspiring black male character when they can go with a B tier diversity pick like cyborg who isnt as relatable and no one cares that much about).

Or he's not completely owned by DC

parallax

Superstar
Daps
no mention of blue marvel?

FffMaMI.jpg

FffMaMI

civil rights era hero that got exposed as black, then got told by kennedy to go be a family man because white people cant deal.

First of all Black Panther is the GOAT all time superhero. He doesn't talk like an alien I don't know where the hell you got that notion.

When written well (Hudlin, Priest) Black Panther is truly unfukkwittable.

Static Shock is also an underrated superhero.

John Stewart is definitely God Tier but his potential for rich storytelling and overall swag and excellence doesn't match T'Challa

hudlin is a trash writer. im glad he has nothing to do with marvel, but im sad hes pushing milestone now

londonize

Pro
Daps
Or he's not completely owned by DC
true but i dont see milestone doing anything with him either. We are in the age of comic book superheroes now, you've got marvel setting the pace at every turn and dc tripping and stumbling trying to keep up. I always say this when i'm talking superheroes with my friends: think about how fukked up it is that marvel can make millions of dollars dropping movies with talking racc00ns and a man who makes himself small to fight crime but DC/Milestone wont even give us a new animated show for the iconic black teenage superhero. Is that not completely insane?

ExoWarlock

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Check Foursquare
Blue Marvel is the shyt. Ain't too many fukkin with him.
Black Panther is the richest man in Marvel.
Falcon and Nighthawk are taking on real life issues and doing it well.

Black Women are really making a stand for themselves.

Monica Rambeau, Moon Girl, Storm, RiRi are all notables in current runs right now.

I can really only speak from Marvel's side, but I think OP is misguided

no mention of blue marvel?

FffMaMI.jpg

FffMaMI

civil rights era hero that got exposed as black, then got told by kennedy to go be a family man because white people cant deal.

hudlin is a trash writer. im glad he has nothing to do with marvel, but im sad hes pushing milestone now