For the gamers out there, the PS5 Pro is revealed and it cost $700

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
PS5 is one of the biggest disappointments in a console since what, Sega Saturn?

Sony is lucky they're on top because there really hasn't been a reason to buy one other than marginally better graphics.

I have to cop another one, but I coasted on a PS4 for 2 and a half years into the PS5 cycle.

I'm not sure why ya'll keep saying this. I can tell you not really into gaming or extremely casual. Those talking points are typically from casual people who don't play much. Yeah if you played Madden, COD, and Nba 2K PS5 was a big disappoint.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm not sure why ya'll keep saying this. I can tell you not really into gaming or extremely casual. Those talking points are typically from casual people who don't play much. Yeah if you played Madden, COD, and Nba 2K PS5 was a big disappoint.
Haven't bought Madden since 2020. Haven't bought COD since part 4. I don't play 2k.

Name 3 AAA titles that didn't release on on both platforms in the first 3 years of PS5's launch. What, FF7 remake? Spiderman remastered? Or some niche shyt.

Veteran
Daps
We already have 60 fps and a barren library of PS5 only games, nikkas been slacking on games for years

You think I'm going to pay $700 for better draw distance and no disc drive

bytch fukk ya

:what:

I think y'all need to realize is nobody is forcing anybody to buy a PS5 Pro. The PS4 Pro didn't even do that good of a number. PS5 Pro is more so for the niche enthusiast who wants everything. None of us really has to buy it.

The real reason for the outrage and backlash is because folks were getting their hopes up for more powerful hardware aka graphics whores. When you come to the full realization the Pro is for the niche consumer, there's no real reason to get mad. Is it overprice and did Sony skimp? Yeah. But we don't have to buy this.

Veteran
Daps
Haven't bought Madden since 2020. Haven't bought COD since part 4. I don't play 2k.

Name 3 AAA titles that didn't release on on both platforms in the first 3 years of PS5's launch. What, FF7 remake? Spiderman remastered? Or some niche shyt.

Well for one, the PS5 released in 2020, it wouldn't be fair to go back 3 years on hardware that was just released. But some games that released the last couple years? Demon Souls. The last of Us 2. Spiderman 2 God of War Ragnarök. Stellar Blade. Horizon Zero Dawn. Ghost of Tsushima.

Yeah some of those are on the PS4, but the PS5 plays those game better in every category, making it worth purchase. The PS5 also has a way better control with the Dual sense and a sound chip for 3D audio.

I can't even go back to PS4 anymore because everything about it feels and plays outdated.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I aint buying shiiiiit till GTA 6 drops, :camby:

do u guys really prefer dics? i would of assumed you love the digital option

by the way i dont have a ps5 or play games anymore
Physical all the time, cancel culture & licensing, things keep getting edited out of digital options.

Look at the original GTA San Andreas digital has drastically been edited from the original physical because of licensing & cancel culture.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
No disc drive, that's $80 if you wanna add it. :camby:

And the stand you gotta pay for it if you want it too. :camby:

Sony cocky asf.

I'm sticking with my PS5 and Gaming PC.

I wonder how they gonna market this shyt come Holiday time. :dahell:
The worst part is they don't have any first party games coming down the pipeline that are draws because they shifted to focusing on that live service bullshyt for this year's releases instead

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The pro releases are a scam. I bought the PS4 Pro when it came out and I couldn't even tell the difference. My advice is to keep the OG or slim version, and buy a internal hard drive if you need more memory.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Well for one, the PS5 released in 2020 it wouldn't be fair to go back 3 years on hardware that was just released. But some games that released the last couple years? Demon Souls. The last of Us 2. Spiderman 2 God of War Ragnarök. Stellar Blade. Horizon Zero Dawn. Ghost of Tsushima.

Yeah some of those are on the PS4, but the PS5 plays those game better in every category, making it worth purchase. The PS5 also has a way better control with the Dual sense and a sound chip for 3D audio.

I can't even go back to PS4 anymore because everything about it feels and plays outdated.
You're proving my point. Marginal graphics update...

Thanks

Nobody is spending $5-700, and honestly more because the limited price-gouged supply; for a new controller and 3D sound...most people don't care about 3D sound because they don't have the setup at home to take advantage of it. And the graphics aren't night and day better. Ghost of Tsushima looks like real life on PS4. Spiderman 2 graphically doesn't look much better.

Be happy with your purchase, but games are why most people spend money on console upgrades, not some little trinkets they put on the system and some remastered bullshyt from 5-10 years ago.

Veteran
Daps
You're proving my point. Marginal graphics update...

Thanks

Nobody is spending $5-700, and honestly more because the limited price-gouged supply; for a new controller and 3D sound...most people don't care about 3D sound because they don't have the setup at home to take advantage of it. And the graphics aren't night and day better. Ghost of Tsushima looks like real life on PS4. Spiderman 2 graphically doesn't look much better.

Be happy with your purchase, but games are why most people spend money on console upgrades, not some little trinkets they put on the system and some remastered bullshyt from 5-10 years ago.

Well we're talking the base PS5 here.

All the games on the PS4 run way better on the PS5. Much faster load time, Graphics and FPS. And yes graphics are different, even on the base PS5 when you switch between 'performance' and 'fidelity' modes, the later includes ray tracing. Just that alone makes the PS5 better. The Dual Sense is way better and makes the dual shock feel outdated on day 1. And yes 3D sound matters when you have the right headset, most users agree with this. All of those upgrades for $400.

The PS5 Pro is for the niche gamer who wants to play all the current games on Fidelity(4k 60fps, Ray tracing). It's overpriced since it's digital only, but again, it's a niche product. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy it. The backlash is people who had their hopes up for some next generational power at a cheap price.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
I think y'all need to realize is nobody is forcing anybody to buy a PS5 Pro. The PS4 Pro didn't even do that good of a number. PS5 Pro is more so for the niche enthusiast who wants everything. None of us really has to buy it.

The real reason for the outrage and backlash is because folks were getting their hopes up for more powerful hardware aka graphics whores. When you come to the full realization the Pro is for the niche consumer, there's no real reason to get mad. Is it overprice and did Sony skimp? Yeah. But we don't have to buy this.
It's annoying because it's an unwarranted cash grab imo