for the betters out here, the post your picks thread

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
just an early heads up, Chelsea -470 to beat Steaua Bucharest is as close to an "L word" you're gonna get. Chelsea needs a win to finish first in the group, and Chelsea won the game in Romania 4-0. Really no excuse to fail here.

Hate betting on juiced away teams like Dortmund (-200) and Zenit (-160) who should win. Milan -150 decent play but don't trust them, rooting for Ajax anyway.

That Galatasaray +400 is bothering me, all books cancelled it due to the postponement, I'm hoping it reaches HT 0-0 after the restart tomorrow so i can hit it. Really had/have a feeling on that one, now I'm at the mercy of the score at HT and whether the book feels like putting the odds up. :patrice:

Frustrating day today, "late add" play is why I'm in the negative today. Even in hockey cause the Red Wings and Sharks got tied late and coughed up a 2 goal lead. But as I only play regulation I didn't lose. Could be worse I guess.

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
They're autofade status right now until Kobe figures out how to be productive. Him coming back has drained this team of life.

yup. Just imagine being on that team, you got all the touches you'd want then the ball-hog comes back. Obviously in the long-run he's best for the team but for right now he's messing with their mojo.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Related but unrelated.

Biggest hockey favorite on the board today (Sharks) lose at -300, after being up 2-0 in the 3rd period, get tied with 2 minutes left and lose in the shootout. Backup goalie has the game of his life and almost 50 saves. +275 Islanders

Saw on covers someone had Isles live +1650 after being down 2-0.

Chasers and chalk bettors buried everywhere. Lessons learned. Brutal stuff.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Related but unrelated.

Biggest hockey favorite on the board today (Sharks) lose at -300, after being up 2-0 in the 3rd period, get tied with 2 minutes left and lose in the shootout. +275 Islanders

Chasers and chalk bettors buried everywhere.

Once you beat a book live like that they limit your live betting for the day. I got something similar on the Patriots when they were down Sunday, +1400. They stopped giving me live moneylines for the rest of the day :heh:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Related but unrelated.

Biggest hockey favorite on the board today (Sharks) lose at -300, after being up 2-0 in the 3rd period, get tied with 2 minutes left and lose in the shootout. Backup goalie has the game of his life and almost 50 saves. +275 Islanders

Chasers and chalk bettors buried everywhere. Lessons learned. Brutal stuff.
Had them at -1.5 cuz they were the reddit pick of the day. Oh well 2-1 day :yeshrug:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
That Galatasaray +400 is bothering me, all books cancelled it due to the postponement, I'm hoping it reaches HT 0-0 after the restart tomorrow so i can hit it. Really had/have a feeling on that one, now I'm at the mercy of the score at HT and whether the book feels like putting the odds up. :patrice:

mighty :patrice: right now. gala do win, 1-0. the 200 bucks I wouldve made. loved the result anyway but... that probably only covers 30 bucks of those 200.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
mighty :patrice: right now. gala do win, 1-0. the 200 bucks I wouldve made. loved the result anyway but... that probably only covers 30 bucks of those 200.

wow Gala actually won. Im trying to understand this soccer shyt. This shyt is confusing as fukk. all the different leagues, the stakes, etc

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
wow Gala actually won. Im trying to understand this soccer shyt. This shyt is confusing as fukk. all the different leagues, the stakes, etc
champions league is basically taking the top 2/3 teams of every country and putting them in a european tournament. so in a random, even the champions of romania dont compare to 3rd place in england. or the champions of turkey (gala) beat the champions of italy (juve) in a minor upset.

i love betting soccer because there is so much to choose from, can focus on about 100 games on saturday, 50 on sunday, 10 on weekdays plus select nhl/nba plays. never struggle for choice, never struggle for action. i suppose its the same with college football and basketball, except there's more information out there and they are actually pros and not 19 yr old kids :heh: