for the betters out here, the post your picks thread

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Only the score, venue, and date of each game are used to calculate the Massey ratings. Stats such as rushing yards, rebounds, or field-goal percentage are not included. Nor are game conditions such as weather, crowd noise, day/night, or grass/artificial turf. Overtime games are not treated any differently. Finally, neither injuries nor psychological factors like motivation are considered.

Massey's ratings are particularly relevant in the world of American college football, where, with over 100 teams in NCAA Division I competition, there is no way a team can play against more than a small fraction of its competitors. Therefore, in determining the participants in championship games and tournaments, it is necessary to distinguish between teams that have compiled impressive win-loss records against strong competition and teams that have defeated weaker opponents.
:ohhh:

So i'm only going to blindly ride with massey on CFB

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I think Im riding with massey in the NFL today and see what I do.

Their biggest ones are Carolina, Zona, KC, chi/minn over, denver/kc over

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
CBball pick..Ok state first half. The game total is -6, but they've killing it in the first half and then letting teams comeback on them.

This is the differential between first and second half that's been going on all season with them:
34/21, 25/28, 16/18,18/3, 16/10, 23/-13, 14/-12
They're playing memphis who in their first meeting they beat them in the 1st half by 18

In that same token I might bet the under for the second half

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Matchup: Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts

Spread: Colts minus-4.5
Public consensus pick: 61 percent picked Colts

Public perception: The public is not behind the Titans, so even a 40-11 blowout loss by the Colts can't keep the public from backing Andrew Luck & Co. The Colts won the first meeting between these divisional rivals 30-27 two weeks ago Thursday in Nashville, so the public expects the Colts will also handle Tennessee at home.

Wiseguys' view: The oddsmakers are giving the Titans more respect. The line in the first meeting was Colts minus-2.5 and bet to 3 (so that game pushed against the closing number), and now with the change in home-field advantage -- where you would normally see a swing of 4 to 6 points -- this is just 1.5 to 2 points higher.

Tuley's Take: I agree the line is a little short, but I like the Titans in this rematch. Hopefully the Titans will remember how they dominated early in the first meeting with Chris Johnson piling up 70 yards and two touchdowns in the first quarter and they keep giving him the ball this time. The Colts allow 125 rushing yards per game and Johnson should have a field day. The Titans have the better defense, allowing 37 fewer yards per game, while the offense gains just 6 fewer yards than the Colts. I expect another close game (and would be quite happy if it comes down to a field goal).

The pick: Titans

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Im liking nothing but dogs today in the nfl...just think they're giving too many points to the chalk...KC is now at +6.5

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Matchup: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

Spread: Broncos minus-4.5
Public consensus pick: 76 percent picked Broncos

Public perception: The public's love affair with Peyton Manning and the Broncos continues. It's also aided by the fact that the Chiefs lost to the Chargers last week and could be without Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in this one. The public probably will be back on the Chiefs after this week, but for now it's on the Broncos.

Wiseguys' view: Both sharps and squares were on the Broncos, who were minus-3.5 on the LVH advance line (after it reopened Monday between Broncos minus-3 and minus-4) and drove it up to 4.5 on Tuesday, and all the way to 5.5 on Wednesday. A lot of wiseguys will likely be on the Chiefs after the line peaks, mostly since they're a good home underdog in a divisional rivalry and a lot is on the line -- like the AFC West title and possible home-field advantage for the victor

Tuley's Take: I should be on the home dog with the better defense, but after watching the first meeting (in which I had the Chiefs plus-8), I never felt confident that the Chiefs would be able to score late to get the backdoor cover and didn't think the Chiefs' defense posed many real problems for the Broncos.

The pick: Pass (pool play: Broncos)

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Matchup: Jacksonville Jaguars at Cleveland Browns

Spread: Browns minus-7
Public consensus pick: 59 percent picked Jaguars

Public perception: Yes, the public is back on the Jaguars, fresh off their 13-6 upset of the Texans on Sunday. Part of the reason is also probably due to the Browns' blowout loss to the Steelers last week as a small favorite and QB Jason Campbell, who had been serviceable, being sidelined with a concussion. That means Brandon Weeden is back in the starting lineup.

Wiseguys' view: Sharps have also been gobbling up the Jaguars plus-7, and frankly I'm a little surprised this hasn't dipped below a TD. In regards to teasers, I haven't heard anyone excited about teasing the Browns down to under a field goal, which would normally be an automatic play for many teaser players with a favorite in this price range.

Tuley's Take: The Jaguars, despite having one of the worst defenses in the league, just shut down Case Keenum and the Texans on the road, so why can't they do the same to Weeden & Co.? I would also look to play the under 40.5.

The pick: Jaguars

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Matchup: Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts

Spread: Colts minus-4.5
Public consensus pick: 61 percent picked Colts

Public perception: The public is not behind the Titans, so even a 40-11 blowout loss by the Colts can't keep the public from backing Andrew Luck & Co. The Colts won the first meeting between these divisional rivals 30-27 two weeks ago Thursday in Nashville, so the public expects the Colts will also handle Tennessee at home.

Wiseguys' view: The oddsmakers are giving the Titans more respect. The line in the first meeting was Colts minus-2.5 and bet to 3 (so that game pushed against the closing number), and now with the change in home-field advantage -- where you would normally see a swing of 4 to 6 points -- this is just 1.5 to 2 points higher.

Tuley's Take: I agree the line is a little short, but I like the Titans in this rematch. Hopefully the Titans will remember how they dominated early in the first meeting with Chris Johnson piling up 70 yards and two touchdowns in the first quarter and they keep giving him the ball this time. The Colts allow 125 rushing yards per game and Johnson should have a field day. The Titans have the better defense, allowing 37 fewer yards per game, while the offense gains just 6 fewer yards than the Colts. I expect another close game (and would be quite happy if it comes down to a field goal).

The pick: Titans

I saw this but I don't know. I really expect the Colts to bounce back from the beatings they've taken lately. But it does seem like a trap and the books want us to take the Colts....only -4.5 when they beat the Titans on the road the last time they played and now the Colts are home?

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Matchup: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers

Spread: Panthers minus-8.5
Public consensus pick: 64 percent picked Buccaneers

Public perception: This is a tough call, as the Panthers had covered six straight before failing to cover the closing spread of minus-5 in their 20-16 win over the Dolphins last week (though some early wiseguys got the win on them at minus-3.5) and the Buccaneers are coming off back-to-back wins over the Falcons and Lions and a cover in their last three games. In the end, it's probably the high spread -- especially with the Panthers' win/non-cover last week -- that has the public on the underdog.

Wiseguys' view: The sharps are also on the Bucs, as this has been bet down from the opening line of Panthers minus-9.5. However, this will be a very popular teaser plays on the Panthers by both sharps and squares.

Tuley's Take: I certainly respect what the Panthers have done so far this year (and I have Cam Newton on my fantasy team), but this was a pretty easy call, as I had the Bucs against the Lions on Sunday at a similar spread. And even though the Lions and Panthers are very different teams, the Bucs are playing way better than they were when they lost the first meeting, 31-13, on Oct. 24.

The pick: Buccaneers

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
My picks for today:

No football until playoffs for me, too unpredictable....

with that said, basketball
GS win- 9,999,999
POR points- 400k
NO win- 600k
OKC points- 400k
MIA points- 400k
GS points- 300k
PHI points- 300k
IND win- 700k
DEN win- 300k

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Some guy on covers everybody likes to suck:

System 1:
Overall: 66-26,72% (ROI:42%)
Season: 3-0,100% (ROI:99%)
System 2:
Overall: 22-9,71% (ROI:39%)
Season: 10-1,91% (ROI:77%)
System 3: (moneyline system)
Overall: 121-192,39% (ROI:26%)
Season: 10-5,67% (ROI:86%)
System 4:
Overall: 108-41,72% (ROI:42%)
Season: 18-9,67% (ROI:30%)
System 6: (unreal hot this year. two plays tomorrow.)
an_nailbiter.gif

Overall: 33-12,73% (ROI:43%)
Season: 7-0,100% (ROI:96%)

SYSTEM 2: CLEVELAND UNDER 40
SYSTEM 6: SAN FRAN OVER 40
SYSTEM 1: INDIANAPOLIS -3
SYSTEM 2: INDIANAPOLIS UNDER 46
SYSTEM 3: HOUSTON MONEYLINE (SCARY)

I actually had a couple of these ppicks myself

KritNC

All Star
Daps