For the ADOS who claim Christianity to be a “White Mans Religion” Watch this video

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
1. Youre making the mistake of confusing following Jesus Christ with the religion called “Christianity” which many bad things were done by MAN in the name of GOD. Jesus has nothing to do with the bad things that happen in history because of Religion. Humans have free will.

But what about all the GOOD that has been done throughout history by TRUE followers of Jesus? :leon:

2. GOD has no gender. I wouldn’t put God in a box by making it male or female or black/white :unimpressed:

3. You’re free to believe what you want but you still have to explain away Jesus the man historically (and ISLAM:skip:) and the whole history of the Hebrew/Jewish people all of which has the greatest impact on the world we live in today and historically

4. Ancestor worship doesn’t make sense logically (although I can respect the idea & practice culturally). But “ancestors” aren’t automatically great people just because they’re dead and gone. They could be in hell for all we know :damn:. Or you could be worshiping something PRETENDING to be “ancestors” or a deity of a “lake” “river”, “sun/moon” “fertility etc..... why not worship the God which created and controls all of the above?:manny:

5. I’ve been to Santeria/Candomble presentations and it can be just as fake and crooked as the worst of Church services. (And it was a lot of white people in attendance :banderas:
No, he was not confused at all. About Jesus either.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.
(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn’t know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

But I’ve seen you in plenty threads and like he stated I won’t go back and forth to argue with you either. I understand your point of the thread. And I know you said you are not making an excuse for slavery either, but he is focusing on the content of the Bible that is evil, not just the people who follow a religion. Only responding because you were incorrect refuting his claim. Much respect. Just pointing out that his points about the evil content in the Bible was 100% truth and Jesus Christ as a figure is part of that (again I understand that wasn’t the point of your thread) much respect. Peace

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Answer to Why is the name "Ethiopia" repeated above 44 times in the Bible? by Israel Aberra

Why is the name "Ethiopia" repeated above 44 times in the Bible?

Originally Answered: Why is the name "Ethiopia" repeated above 44 times in the bible?
Hi. Would this question be asked I ponder, if say “France” was repeated above 44 times in the Bible”? It wouldn't be asked and this I suspect, you know!
With that, Kush (“Aethiopia”) is “repeated” in the authorized version of the Bible 60 times actually and her sister country is mentioned 727 times. In addition, African kingdoms (in general) are mentioned 1,417 separate occasions. For the record, there are no European countries that are mentioned except in the Epistles where you'd find Greece and Rome. There is about four hundred to five hundred years between what is politically referred to as the “Old Testament” and the “New Testament”
Aegyptian culture alone precedes Greek and Roman cultures by at least 2000 years probably more. Aethiopian culture being the oldest country in the world precedes Aegypt by thousands of years.
So, imagine how far Aethiopia precedes Greece and Rome (combined) by even still further years as you'd expect!
Now, the truth? Europeans never did write the Bible (and I couldn't imagine Europeans including African nations anyway) to start with. The Bible was translated into the Greek from the Hebrew ( an African- Asiatic language) and finally went under Roman Catholic control. Under this control, the Roman Catholic Church was to decide what books would be in the Bible or omitted (review the “Slave Bible” and or “How to Create a Negro Christen”)
Notwithstanding, during biblical times, the Africans being far older nations than European nations are simply put aren't in the African timelines which is why you see the appearances of African nations! For the record, “Aethiopia”/Abyssinia actually processes it's own “bible” called the “Orit” with other books not presented in the Bible in the West. Ethiopia also has it's own liturgy, Oral Traditions and written laws!!
Incidentally, Aethiopia has the oldest Jewish community the Beta Israel. ( the “House of Israel”) in the world dating back to the time of First Jewish Temple.

Hope this helps!

“WHITE MANS RELIGION”? :youngsabo:

Interesting thread. :leon:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

for all the shade she through their way...it was the greeks and romans that ultimately preserved the knowledge :mjpls:

even if you go to a Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church the bibles are in both Geez AND Greek. They speak both tongues

I get what shes saying though, but the western/catholic lense of the world needs to be reminded that "visigoths,ostrogoths, and vandals" took over the western roman empire and basically had to start over from scratch despite all the knowhow the romans had prior to them being there

this is the part of history they either gloss over, or ignore as the truth was the Romans treated those people as less than animals so the after effects of that tradition was felt for a long time. The "renaissance" as we know it was really just rediscovery not discovery

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
No, he was not confused at all. About Jesus either.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.
(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn’t know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

But I’ve seen you in plenty threads and like he stated I won’t go back and forth to argue with you either. I understand your point of the thread. And I know you said you are not making an excuse for slavery either, but he is focusing on the content of the Bible that is evil, not just the people who follow a religion. Only responding because you were incorrect refuting his claim. Much respect. Just pointing out that his points about the evil content in the Bible was 100% truth and Jesus Christ as a figure is part of that (again I understand that wasn’t the point of your thread) much respect. Peace
Those arent the words of Jesus

but Paul and Timothy (an apprentice of Paul)

even still, you dont completely understand why hes saying that because its a spiritual reason

if you look at the world from a material lense, neither testament will really make sense

Fundamentally the "material" world is on Esaus side. So either you work to be in Jacobs herd or you end up dealing with Esaus wives.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for all the shade she through their way...it was the greeks and romans that ultimately preserved the knowledge :mjpls:

even if you go to a Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church the bibles are in both Geez AND Greek. They speak both tongues

I get what shes saying though, but the western/catholic lense of the world needs to be reminded that "visigoths,ostrogoths, and vandals" took over the western roman empire and basically had to start over from scratch despite all the knowhow the romans had prior to them being there

this is the part of history they either gloss over, or ignore as the truth was the Romans treated those people as less than animals so the after effects of that tradition was felt for a long time. The "renaissance" as we know it was really just rediscovery not discovery

Just how white Christian explorers spread Christianity to the new world and helped preserve the Jewish religion/Jesus’ teachings for US

On a related topic, I wonder why Ethiopians never tried to spread their Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

They have a direct link to to past and have a lot of history/traditions

Shouldn’t our Bibles be in Geez then? :jbhmm:

Anyways, I know some Protestant Ethiopians don’t like orthodox Ethiopians that much :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Just how white Christian explorers spread Christianity to the new world and helped preserve the Jewish religion/Jesus’ teachings for US

On a related topic, I wonder why Ethiopians never tried to spread their Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

They have a direct link to to past and have a lot of history/traditions

Shouldn’t our Bibles be in Geez then? :jbhmm:

Anyways, I know some Protestant Ethiopians don’t like orthodox Ethiopians that much :manny:
they arent necessarily the oldest orthodox church, just one of the least changed

the antiochian church is technically the oldest i think. The church started by James

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they arent necessarily the oldest orthodox church, just one of the least changed

the antiochian church is technically the oldest i think. The church started by James

Well if you count the Ethiopian Jews then maybe they have claim to the oldest believers overall

When Ethiopians accepted Christianity what exactly were they converting from? :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Well if you count the Ethiopian Jews then maybe they have claim to the oldest believers overall

When Ethiopians accepted Christianity what exactly were they converting from? :patrice:
history and the bible states that "Sheba" went back to her domain (Yemen/Ethiopia/that region) with a son

who she named Menelik

who is considered the ancestor to Beta Israel
1280px-Flag_of_Ethiopia_%281897%E2%80%931974%29.svg.png

that said, before that there are numerous artifacts of where the beliefs of the peoples of Kush/Nubia basically were the same as Egypt outside of different linguistics

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
history and the bible states that "Sheba" went back to her domain (Yemen/Ethiopia/that region) with a son

who she named Menelik

who is considered the ancestor to Beta Israel
1280px-Flag_of_Ethiopia_%281897%E2%80%931974%29.svg.png

that said, before that there are numerous artifacts of where the beliefs of the peoples of Kush/Nubia basically were the same as Egypt outside of different linguistics

Funny you say this :ohhh:

What’s an Arab? :youngsabo: