For people in IR relationships, what type of racism do you deal with on a regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Are you so starved for IR threads that you're digging up old threads now :heh:. They're literally the only threads I see you post in.

You know they have an Interracial section on LSA right, why don't you go there to talk with your siswenches ?
There's a difference between not supporting something and actively trying to sabotage it with a boycott. Black men have been run through mud by black women with movies like "for colored girls" and even still never came together to organize a boycott of it. We just didn't support that shyt. Whereas red tails didn't even disrespect, malign, misrepresent, tarnish, or demonize black women in anyway like for colored girls did black men and y'all still tried to sabotage it.
who are yall responding to?:lupe:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
@Ya? On her usual.

Being seen with white women is somehow anti black woman and deserves immediate censure from black women.

Never said that. But ok, before responding look up what has been said.

Red tails is not a fictional story. Any way the whole cast are married to nonbw why Couldn’t the nonbw support movie given the bm/ww relationship was a part of the draw of the film?

The film just sucked. I hope you and your significant other supported the film.

“Red Tails”: The Tuskegee Airmen Deserved a Movie That’s Not Completely Unwatchable

'Red Tails': If George Lucas war film flops, are black audiences to blame? - theGrio

:hubie:

Last edited:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a difference between not supporting something and actively trying to sabotage it with a boycott. Black men have been run through mud by black women with movies like "for colored girls" and even still never came together to organize a boycott of it. We just didn't support that shyt. Whereas red tails didn't even disrespect, malign, misrepresent, tarnish, or demonize black women in anyway like for colored girls did black men and y'all still tried to sabotage it.
The MOVIE “For colored girls” was made by a black man though.. :sas2:

FYI a lot of black women supported red tails. Not sure why you allow social media to determine viewership. My mom has watched that movie multiple times. Even bought the dvd.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
No one goes to see films they dont want to for support ,they go for entertainment.It's called capitalism of course all they want is your money. And just to be a clear you're saying bmww relationships are anti bw? And consuming a lot media isn't necessarily a good thing nor does it imply good will. And the point wasnt that they were complaining about something they dont like its the authotarian social appprach to attack anything that doesnt benefit you and calling it "anti"

People spend their money in entertainment because they want to be entertained correct. If I am not entertainer then I won’t be spending my money. I don’t spend my money in projects that I don’t want to. For some black Women being exclude in projects is enough not to support as they do not find it entertaining. If media consisted of something that you didn’t like or negative to your Image you wouldn’t be spending your money neither because at that point it’s no longer entertaining for you. Funny thing is The film flopped, for several reasons of course but it was a trash project.

I said the movie purposely left black women out of film to advance an agenda which was openly admitted by the cast members. That was the case with guerilla and red tails and that is the case with many products in entertainment. And if black Women don’t want to support it they don’t have to. Men should support their own stuff and not depend on women to do so.

Ya?

Banned
Daps

FYI a lot of black women supported red tails. Not sure why you allow social media to determine viewership. My mom has watched that movie multiple times. Even bought the dvd.

Also that Nate film many black women also supported but black Women will be blamed regardless. Black men don’t support one another they expect black Women to do this on their behalf.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Never said that. But ok, before responding look up what has been said.

Red tails is not a fictional story. Any way the whole cast are married to nonbw why Couldn’t the nonbw support movie given the bm/ww relationship was a part of the draw of the film?

The film just sucked. I hope you and your significant other supported the film.

“Red Tails”: The Tuskegee Airmen Deserved a Movie That’s Not Completely Unwatchable

'Red Tails': If George Lucas war film flops, are black audiences to blame? - theGrio

:hubie:
Listen I ain't going back and forth pointing out your bad logic and hypocrisy today you devil.

You got some issues with white women and black men you obviously need to work out.

You should watch these to understand each side a bit better

In fact watch the entire playlist. You may learn something.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also that Nate film many black women also supported but black Women will be blamed regardless. Black men don’t support one another they expect black Women to do this on their behalf.

I know they did but some posters here actually think a few tweets means an actual boycott, lol. It’s so dumb. I bet if they looked up the stats on who actually watched any of the movies they are stating, the largest audience amongst black people will be black women.

• Dap
Reactions: Ya?

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Listen I ain't going back and forth pointing out your bad logic and hypocrisy today you devil.

You got some issues with white women and black men you obviously need to work out.

You should watch these to understand each side a bit better

In fact watch the entire playlist. You may learn something.

I have issues with black Women made the scapegoat. I don’t need to understand white Women i was raised with them my whole life.

My point is simple, don’t expect BW to open their pockets for something they are not centered in. Did you see the movie or are you just playing devils advocate.

If you love projects like red tails and want to see more of them then support it.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The fukk is a mudshark

A typically corny cac slang term they think is hurting somebody :mjgrin:
Sorry fellas, but no amount of lust or love is seeing me walk through hell daily just to be with some cave bytch who will look 45 in 2 years time :mjlol:

And I dont believe these people are actually in love..they just love the social status and hype surrounding IR relations.

Picture me walking hand in hand with some crusty cave bytch just to say Iv'e made it in life :picard:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I have issues with black Women made the scapegoat. I don’t need to understand white Women i was raised with them my whole life.

My point is simple, don’t expect BW to open their pockets for something they are not centered in. Did you see the movie or are you just playing devils advocate.

If you love projects like red tails and want to see more of them then support it.
Nobody expects be to move counter to thier own collective best interest in media.

Why not apply this criteria to things other than media?:patrice:

Like idk the obesity epidemic, out of wedlock child rate, or black hair business.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Boycott to inform other black women that the narrative being portrayed isn’t reflective of real life. Same thing with guerilla that UK movie painted an Indian woman as a black activist and a black lady as an agent anf rightfully so the producer got blasted for the c00n he is which isn’t a surprise given Hollywood . A lot of black men entertainment are antibw and if BW are informing other black Women of these antibw tendencies and some women have in their right to make them aware of who and what they are supporting I am all for it.
Black men in entertainment only care about black women supporting them when it comes to opening their wallets. Nothing prevents black men to support black men only projects so why don’t they??

If black men had to depend on other black men for support in film they’d be broke cause the truth of the matter y’all don’t support each other at all. These black women aint ish narrative is a distraction to that fact. I am willing to bet more black Women than even women of other races support black male entertainers on average than black men and nonbw combined but the moment they are vocal about something they don’t like they are the first to get trashed.

Most AADOS male entertainers are not actors, but music artist, and no, the vast majority of their fan bases are not black women. Their foundational or core fanbases aren't even black women, but black males most of the time. Black women don't buy underground rappers mix tapes- young black men do. In fact, in my city, most of the FEMALE fans of the local chopped and screwed music are hispanic women. Black women prefer old school r&b and contemporary hip hop. But, I'll even say that most of the non-black fans of AA entertainers are male, hence why there's a lot more male "wiggers", and other people influenced by AA urban culture than female ones. Again, the only AA entertainers with majority female fan bases are mainstream actors and RnB singers(and not even that a lot of the times). You really think most NBA youngboy fans are black women? lol

Furthermore I like how y'all love to down play the creativity and talent that goes into making these men who they are. Straight AADOS men(about a quarter of a percent of the world population) literally have a god like influence on modern music globally. We don't just produce entertainers. We create entire genres and sub-genres, and change the entire structure of how music is made that is enjoyed across the world. Every popular genre that exist today around the world is influenced by us. And that is the result of AA male creativity and expression, of which black women play a very small role.

How you think you can attribute that to black women is beyond me. And furthermore you're saying this like black women supporting ALREADY mainstream black male entertainers is some kind altruistic act of kindness, rather than just regular celebrity worship like when everyone else does it. Why can black women drum up all of this support for black male mega stars, but not the average everyday black man around them if they genuinely supported us like that? Furthermore I'm even skeptical of your claim about the proportion of AA male actors fans that are black women, because I doubt most of Michael B jordan's fans are black women. The dude is a global mega star.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
People spend their money in entertainment because they want to be entertained correct. If I am not entertainer then I won’t be spending my money. I don’t spend my money in projects that I don’t want to. For some black Women being exclude in projects is enough not to support as they do not find it entertaining. If media consisted of something that you didn’t like or negative to your Image you wouldn’t be spending your money neither because at that point it’s no longer entertaining for you. Funny thing is The film flopped, for several reasons of course but it was a trash project.

I said the movie purposely left black women out of film to advance an agenda which was openly admitted by the cast members. That was the case with guerilla and red tails and that is the case with many products in entertainment. And if black Women don’t want to support it they don’t have to. Men should support their own stuff and not depend on women to do so.
To push an agenda :mjlol:
It's a film what's your point. That doesnt answer my question
I can watch films that dont have black men in it without boycotting them. And again you keep calling simple tenants of capatalism support like this has some charitable will towards it. If you don't like you don't watch thats fine. But as was said that wasnt all that happened in this case so half ofbwhat youre saying doesnt matter. And they are relying on consumers not women specifically. And they can do that all tf they want.

Supper

All Star
Daps

Tyler Perry, who's known for pandering to anti-black male black women anyway, was the producer of the movie, but the story itself, and all of the major stage plays of it where done by black women.

I mean the wife of the (white)man who created Red Tails is black, so it couldn't possibly ne exclusionary of black women, right. :sas1:

Status
Not open for further replies.