For My Flabby and Sick Negus (1985 and older) which kids are you listening to? Serious tho.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Im 33, so of course i hate 90% of the new shyt, especially drill. My lil cousins dont even fukk with that and be raiding my old UGK and Outkast collections for shyt to burn to mp3's.

I only fux with TDE and Krit of the new nikkas

Hate that drill shyt, which is ironic because i liked the old chi stuff like Ye, Common and crucial conflict, Do or die.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only listen to Cam/Dipset and older Cash Money. In the summer I'll listen to Popcaan or Vybz. Last rappers that had my interest were Freddie Gibbs and Lil B. I will say though this Bobby Shmurda has me intrigued.

MilesTeg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Well, I've never once listened to music to "try to be cool."

I listen to rap because I enjoy it, and I still follow it because I still like it.

Of the "new generation," I like Kendrick & TDE the most, by far, and it's not even a contest.

After that? I listen to some Drake (good but overrated), as well as Big Krit, Asap Rocky, a little Asap Ferg, J. Cole, and Chance's tape was aight. (not on the hype train, but he had some joints)

I don't like Big Sean - in posse cuts, he's fine, but outside of a 16, he's irritating

I hate Chief Keef and all these "thug" Chicago rappers. They might be great being thugs, but they are bad at music.

Nicki Minaj and this whole femme-C movement she inspired sucks pretty hard. I can't listen to Iggy and Twiggy and Zaealia and Izzalea and Angel or whatever they're called.

I still follow the 90's rappers new music, until they fall off...like, I'll check for Ghost still, but not Ice Cube.

Some 90's talent is actually in their prime now, like Killer Mike. Nas just put out a top 5 Nas album last year. And Kanye is obviously great, despite Yeezus being a 3.5 album hipsters think is a 5.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Last new rapper I fukked with was Max B

Im not feeling all this friendly normal guy shyt. I dont play Forza Motorsports to drive a Civic. I dont go to the movies to watch nikkas do desk jobs. Etc etc. Im not with this new shyt.
That's how I feel about these dudes, these new dudes have corny ass names and are the epitome of average on the mic.. Nothing stands out, lyrics beats nothing, they don't even have fancy styles, these new nikkas are like a .500 team being the best in the league and winning it all cuz the rest if the league is even worse.. And I hate to sound like that old dude who hasn't changed with the times and don't appreciate the new guys but they are so weak...

I do like meek, drake, j cole and Kendrick sometimes

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Im 33, so of course i hate 90% of the new shyt, especially drill. My lil cousins dont even fukk with that and be raiding my old UGK and Outkast collections for shyt to burn to mp3's.

I only fux with TDE and Krit of the new nikkas

Hate that drill shyt, which is ironic because i liked the old chi stuff like Ye, Common and crucial conflict, Do or die.
Why don't you like Drill ? It's the most popping music breh , I'm not in love with Keef but Herb/Bibby do their thang even though they aren't "drill"

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Well, I've never once listened to music to "try to be cool."

I listen to rap because I enjoy it, and I still follow it because I still like it.

Of the "new generation," I like Kendrick & TDE the most, by far, and it's not even a contest.

After that? I listen to some Drake (good but overrated), as well as Big Krit, Asap Rocky, a little Asap Ferg, J. Cole, and Chance's tape was aight. (not on the hype train, but he had some joints)

I don't like Big Sean - in posse cuts, he's fine, but outside of a 16, he's irritating

I hate Chief Keef and all these "thug" Chicago rappers. They might be great being thugs, but they are bad at music.

Nicki Minaj and this whole femme-C movement she inspired sucks pretty hard. I can't listen to Iggy and Twiggy and Zaealia and Izzalea and Angel or whatever they're called.

I still follow the 90's rappers new music, until they fall off...like, I'll check for Ghost still, but not Ice Cube.

Some 90's talent is actually in their prime now, like Killer Mike. Nas just put out a top 5 Nas album last year. And Kanye is obviously great, despite Yeezus being a 3.5 album hipsters think is a 5.
this nikka had the most sickandflabby post by far

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
i'm 32 :flabbynsick: and i mostly listen to (when listening to hip-hop) DRAKE, KENDRICK, NAS, PROJECT PAT, JUICY J, GANGSTARR, GUCCI MANE, TOO $HORT, THREE 6, and various songs that sound good. i listen to all kinds of music though.

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
i'm 37....:banderas:

got this shyt blaring from my speakers right now

:dj2:

but i like these new artists:

Curren$y
Le$
Stalley
Doughbeezy

old artists:

ice cube
Slick Rick
Rakim
Royal Flush (Rap-A-Lot)
90's UGK
Too $hort
Ant Banks

my son is almost 17, and he doesn't listen to ANY of what i jam. he gets in the car with me and immediately gives me the :scusthov: face at the music that i jam. nikka don't even like hip hop at all....::dahell::mindblown:

that smile shyt is hardddddddddddddd

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Niqqa I gave up on contemporary Hip Hop about a decade ago. If I end up hearing something post 2003 it'll be a couple years after it was released. The reason is: y'all new cats hype up the most forgettable sh"t for like three weeks then it disappears or better yet is seen as garbage. I wait nowadays cause that's the only way to weed out the flash in the pan sh"t.

I seriously felt like I was being Punk'd everytime I click on a link. I thought Kelso was gonna hop out laughing at me any moment. I only got so many times to go through that. Even now with the Drill sh"t. I listened to half a minute of a few joints just to see... sounded like listening to the sh"t I used to laugh at during the Golden Era. Like niqqa who just started rapping and trying to make beats last week, but somehow got enough nerve to put it out......AND SOME OF Y'ALL LOVE IT.

Meanwhile, I Youtube Sunz of Man Last Shall Be First whole album on the smart TV and blast THAT sh"t. Yeah. I'm like my elders when I was young: steady blasting the 60s and 70s Soul, lookin at me like I'm crazy when I bring up Run DMC to them in 85.

$0.02

:salute:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
IMAG0105_zps9ec2d9da.jpg

:banderas:

885SL.gif

I gotta start hitting the gym again :wow:

:pachaha: