Foods you didn't eat until you got on your health kick

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I would have probably never eaten asparagus a few years ago, but i was giving new veggies a chance and this is God tier delicious :ahh:

Asparagus is fine until you have to take a piss. I remember I started dating this new girl right around the time I started to eat asparagus and I thought I caught a STD until someone told me that it's the asparagus that's making my pee smell bad.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Asparagus is fine until you have to take a piss. I remember I started dating this new girl right around the time I started to eat asparagus and I thought I caught a STD until someone told me that it's the asparagus that's making my pee smell bad.

Really? Never smelled funny to me

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
there's nothing i added because of a health kick, some shyt i just didnt eat growing up cuz i had typical black parents who only knew like 5 vegetables, so just getting older and having more exposure introduced me to new veggies and shyt. other stuff was more about the shyt just becoming a craze lol - flax and chia seeds, kale (swear i never heard of kale until like 2008), acai, etc.

i will say i've removed most grains from my daily diet except oatmeal and sprouted bread (quinoa and wild rice are actually seeds so they don't count either).

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Nothing I’ve added per se to my diet as part of a “health” kick. I will say though, I’m introducing a lot more veggies into my diet than the staples I ate growing up (Spinach, Cabbage, Broccoli) etc.

I have eliminated sodas and juices as well as white grains (except at restaurants and the occasional basmati rice :ohlawd:).

Biggest thing has probably been introducing more types of fish into my diet outside of just Tuna, Salmon and Tilapia as well as varying my cooking techniques.