Folks going in on the way Spidey is pretty much 5-0

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Concerning Spider-man's pro-NYPD/surveillance state messages

One guy got hit with a warning for "Antagonistic drive-by" for posting this
I saw that article and assumed someone on this website would give this joke of an opinion a pedestal to stand on. Y'all don't disappoint.
:mjlol:

I can't help but feel that white liberals feel the need to overcompensate for their white privilege so they go too far on social issues

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I mean, I get the sentiment and it was cheesy to me too at times, but Spider-Man has never been about that sort of heavy political discourse. If this was a say, Daredevil, Luke Cage or Punisher game, I'd say it'd be totally off to see the hero being so forthcoming and trusting of law enforcement, but Spider-Man isn't infamous for those shades of grey. There are multiple "shades of grey" villains but it's understood that outside of bad press and the occasional strained relationship with the cops, Spider-Man has always had a sort of idealized moraility.

The sort of political statement they're asking this game to make would be more reasonable in a Luke Cage game, with the obvious mistrust due to police brutality and the communities they're supposed to protect. It even fits more so with Daredevil, whom fights crooked cops & political corruption by night in a mask, and in a courtroom & suit by day. That sort of thing was unnecessary in this particular Spiderman game. It's just understood in this one that the "good" guys are idealistically good, while the "bad" guys are simply bad. The rift between law enforcement and the people (usually black) is genuinely an issue that should be front & center but It wouldn't fit this particular story nor did it need to be highlighted.

I know we're approaching a pivotal point in history that none of us will be able to run from as it pertains to surveillance, police authority & race, but sometimes, it's okay to let mindless entertainment be mindless entertainment, if only for a few hours.

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
the thing is these corny writers are showing their hand that they didnt even pay attention to the game,

in the first Fisk encounter you battle crooked cops, the shyt introduces you to the whole shield dodge mechanic

you also get the whole,

shocker was helped by the corrections officer on the Raft when he escaped.

These folks are hella quick to shyt on the whole "spiderman is police" and/or police are bad

not even paying attention to the game where cops being bad are being shown

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Xbots are really trying their hardest I see :mjlol:

Game of the year fakkits, deal with it:myman:
I'm not surprised a video game featuring a delusional white male dressed in a red white and blue leotard, swinging around the city arresting negroes committing "crimes" on behalf of the racist NYPD is considered "Game of the Year" among you c00ns.

Have some black self respect for God's sake.

I'll be playing NbA 2K19 like on the Xbox One like most other self respecting black males.

:camby:

leoc

All Star
Daps
Yeah, I'm getting tired of the police dispatch always reporting crimes while I'm in mid-mission. :francis:

:jbhmm:i have never got a dispatch reporting a crime while im in a mission. When I'm just randomly swinging around, yea, but never during a mission