Floyd Mayweather Vs. Sugar Ray Robinson - Who would win?

Who wins?

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sugar Ray Robinson

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never seen a WOAT tag more worthy...

I can't see you ever losing it...

For stating facts. He lost to Jake Lamatta in his prime, this is a fact. There's nothing I've seen on tape of Jake LaMatta to make me even consider he could pose a threat to Floyd. Ray Robinson got sent through the ropes by the Ricky hatton of his time, sorry, can't say you are better than Mayweather, even if it only happened once.

Yet Floyd is beating Canelo easily who is young enough to be his son. It's no question who's better

Sugar Ray is the original, but boxing has evolved so much since his time.

Everything I said was a fact.

None of you can argue facts so you get mad, the fact of have this WOAT is proof none of you know what you are talking about, and it's the only way you "get back" at me instead of just acting like a man saying "you have a point"

who cares about a fukking "woat" tag, you sound like a fukking white girl in sorority.

If you can't point out what I said that wasn't true, shut the fukk up please.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
no it hasnt.

Fighters have gotten bigger and stronger, and have endless hours of tape to learn from as well as the a centuries worth of experience that have been pass down through trainers, it's no comparison.

Joe Louis was 6'2 190 pounds has a heavyweight, compare that to heavyweight's now.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Fighters have gotten bigger and stronger, and have endless hours of tape to learn from as well as the a centuries worth of experience that have been pass down through trainers, it's no comparison.

Joe Louis was 6'2 190 pounds has a heavyweight, compare that to heavyweight's now.
how heavy was 147 pounds back then

Daps
Reppin
NULL
how heavy was 147 pounds back then

There's a difference between size and weight. Jake LaMatta is smaller than Canelo, but Canelo has never even weighed in at 160 his entire career.

I don't even why I have to explain this.

The average welterweight is bigger than Jake lamatta was as a middleweight today

average height being 5'10

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i dont think sugar ray robinson is at a disadvantage against mayweather because he cant go on youtube and i think 147 pounds today was 147 pounds back then too. i know sugar ray robinson was trained to box a hard 15 rounds and i know many of these guys today have peds and throw more than 4 punches and are exhausted.

and i know boxing never changes. heres tommy hearns slipping a jab in 1984.

XuJgcqjS.gif

and heres randall bailey slipping a jab and coming back under with a counter right uppercut in 2012.

n4XMNekm.gif

and heres shane mosley training to do the same thing in 2016.

ZCx70Toj.gif

now heres bennie briscoe throwing a jab at carlos monzon and creating a counter right uppercut and countering the right uppercut he just created with a counter right hand in 1972.

TG8DdnPe.gif

and heres rex layne throwing a jab at bob satterfield and creating a counter right uppercut and countering the right uppercut he just created with a counter right hand in 1951.

qwgQAUiS.gif

boxing never changes. sugar ray robinson had no youtube, but he was bigger, had faster feet, had faster hands, threw more punches, and threw harder punches, was a dog, and because boxing never changes, you cant shoulder roll a right hand coming down at you in 1916 or 2016.

RKpFOllY.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont think sugar ray robinson is at a disadvantage against mayweather because he cant go on youtube and i think 147 pounds today was 147 pounds back then too. i know sugar ray robinson was trained to box a hard 15 rounds and i know many of these guys today have peds and throw more than 4 punches and are exhausted.

and i know boxing never changes. heres tommy hearns slipping a jab in 1984.

XuJgcqjS.gif

and heres randall bailey slipping a jab and coming back under with a counter right uppercut in 2012.

n4XMNekm.gif

and heres shane mosley training to do the same thing in 2016.

ZCx70Toj.gif

now heres bennie briscoe throwing a jab at carlos monzon and creating a counter right uppercut and countering the right uppercut he just created with a counter right hand in 1972.

TG8DdnPe.gif

and heres rex layne throwing a jab at bob satterfield and creating a counter right uppercut and countering the right uppercut he just created with a counter right hand in 1951.

qwgQAUiS.gif

boxing never changes. sugar ray robinson had no youtube, but he was bigger, had faster feet, had faster hands, threw more punches, and threw harder punches, was a dog, and because boxing never changes, you cant shoulder roll a right hand coming down at you in 1916 or 2016.

RKpFOllY.gif

You obviously don't know, most of Robinson's fights were 10 ROUND FIGHTS. LMAO at thinking Floyd could box 15 rounds easy.

You don't know if he was faster, there isn't even enough tape on sugar ray for you to even come to that conclusion.

You can post all the gifs you want, doesn't mean shyt. I can post gifs of Jordan shooting a jump shot, and doing lay up, or a dunk or penetrating to the basket, and show Steph Curry doing the same thing doens't mean the game hasn't changed. A few second gifs to craft a narrative, is lazy and pure semantics.

Mayweather's fought bigger opponents before, faster opponents too. Ray Robinson didn't even weigh 147 in his first fight with LaMatta.

Ray Robinson couldn't knock out Henry Armstrong who was 35 years of age and who is smaller than Manny Pacquiao, what makes you think his power can bother mayweather.

When both Floyd and Canelo weighed in at 152 who was the bigger man.

Khan and Canelo weighed in the same, WHO WAS THE BIGGER MAN

aight then stop with the semantics

Also Robinon wasn't that big, he was the same size as Sugar Shane Mosley. His size wouldn't matter at all he has the exact same reach as mayweather at 72 inches, and a lot of times he came in at 144.

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
being bigger is not robinsons only advantage over mayweather. thats just one.

robinson had a right hand that he threw a lot down to the body that he nick named candy cane. thats because he threw it in the shape of a candy cane.

heres another sugar ray throwing right hands down to the body against another mayweather.

VrayghA8.gif

blqnO4Bc.gif

when you rotate your hips and turn your body sideways to bring your front shoulder out in front of your jaw you can shoulder roll a right hand but you expose this part of your body to right hands too. a right hand to the body cant go around your back and hit you on your kidney but whenever you turn your body sideways this way you expose your kidney to right hands.

that was how sugar ray robinson knocked out gerhard hecht.

heres max schmeling taking a right hand to the kidney.

HqmR1j9p.gif

schmeling said that shot paralyzed his body and thats why he couldnt move. you can see how sideways he was against the ropes here. you see schmeling was a shoulder roll guy too. its funny you say that boxing has advanced so much but mayweather is doing the same moves that everybody used to know how to do back then yet nobody can seem to understand how to do today.

its relatively safe to say that robinson would be tossing candy canes down to mayweathers body and dropping right hands from above down at mayweathers head over and over. its safe to say because robinson was a guy that shoved a jab down your throat for 15 rounds but he was a guy that was going to try to come in and over power you too. mayweather is going to have to try counter some of this. but then as you know for every punch there is a counter and because a counter is a punch too for every counter there is a counter. robinson was not one of these guys that throw one punch and when mayweather counters they wont throw any more punches. he was a dog.

maybe your eyes are different than my eyes but my eyes see mayweather against the ropes a lot trying to avoid right hands coming around his back and coming down from above. mayweather trying to counter one punch at a time. robinson over powering mayweather in three and four punch exchanges. remember robinson was not a pity pat puncher. he was a busy puncher and he threw every shot to hurt you.

in the center of the ring mayweather cant out box or out point robinson. robinson was bigger and faster and moved around and around the ring throwing a never ending jab compared to mayweathers more one at a time pot shot style.

i think mayweather has more of a chance trying to go to war against robinson than trying to out box and out point robinson. robinson was a dog and he went to war with anyone who wanted one. he was rougher around the edges than mayweather.

but when you have one punch ko power in each hand thats ok.

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

robinson had a right hand that he threw a lot down to the body that he nick named candy cane. thats because he threw it in the shape of a candy cane.

"Hands is like candy canes..............."

Solving a classic ghostface line :ohhh:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
On Robinson/Lamotta...Sugar won his title back like 2 weeks later and went on to being like 130-1 or some shyt before losing again....:laugh:

heres another sugar ray throwing right hands down to the body against another mayweather.

VrayghA8.gif

blqnO4Bc.gif

when you rotate your hips and turn your body sideways to bring your front shoulder out in front of your jaw you can shoulder roll a right hand but you expose this part of your body to right hands too. a right hand to the body cant go around your back and hit you on your kidney but whenever you turn your body sideways this way you expose your kidney to right hands.

that was how sugar ray robinson knocked out gerhard hecht.

heres max schmeling taking a right hand to the kidney.

HqmR1j9p.gif

schmeling said that shot paralyzed his body and thats why he couldnt move. you can see how sideways he was against the ropes here. you see schmeling was a shoulder roll guy too. its funny you say that boxing has advanced so much but mayweather is doing the same moves that everybody used to know how to do back then yet nobody can seem to understand how to do today.

its relatively safe to say that robinson would be tossing candy canes down to mayweathers body and dropping right hands from above down at mayweathers head over and over. its safe to say because robinson was a guy that shoved a jab down your throat for 15 rounds but he was a guy that was going to try to come in and over power you too. mayweather is going to have to try counter some of this. but then as you know for every punch there is a counter and because a counter is a punch too for every counter there is a counter. robinson was not one of these guys that throw one punch and when mayweather counters they wont throw any more punches. he was a dog.

maybe your eyes are different than my eyes but my eyes see mayweather against the ropes a lot trying to avoid right hands coming around his back and coming down from above. mayweather trying to counter one punch at a time. robinson over powering mayweather in three and four punch exchanges. remember robinson was not a pity pat puncher. he was a busy puncher and he threw every shot to hurt you.

in the center of the ring mayweather cant out box or out point robinson. robinson was bigger and faster and moved around and around the ring throwing a never ending jab compared to mayweathers more one at a time pot shot style.

i think mayweather has more of a chance trying to go to war against robinson than trying to out box and out point robinson. robinson was a dog and he went to war with anyone who wanted one. he was rougher around the edges than mayweather.

but when you have one punch ko power in each hand thats ok.

:wow: