Floyd Mayweather vs Arturo Gatti (Pay Per View Debut)

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I never saw a mismatch like this. I thought Floyd was going to kill him. He was thriwin combo power shots and Gatti couldn't move. If he fought Conor like this, Conor woyld be a vegetable rn

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
Man the buildup to this fight and that Baldomir fight was amazing. They actually had mfs scared for Floyd's safety. They was talking like he may get seriously hurt in the ring. Then he came out and demolished both of them.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Man the buildup to this fight and that Baldomir fight was amazing. They actually had mfs scared for Floyd's safety. They was talking like he may get seriously hurt in the ring. Then he came out and demolished both of them.
Facts and cats STILL try to rewrite this to this day, always the case with Floyd.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The 6th round was my favorite display by a boxer ever…..

I was cracking up when Floyd’s corner after that masterpiece of a round just stared at Gatti’s corner wondering if he would come out again to take another beating

025-D8-FB2-FD6-B-482-A-9543-F74760350373.jpg

premier58

All Star
Daps
Facts and cats STILL try to rewrite this to this day, always the case with Floyd.
Baldomir, yes. He was wayyy bigger and had legit beating Judah for the titles. But I dont see how anyone how thought Gatti had any chance vs PBF. He was no.2 pfp behind BHop. He also never sounded as confident entering a fight than he did the Gatti one. He berated his skills and said I will dominate and dog this fighter and he was not saying it to promote the fight. He entered the ring being carried on a throne with "Another One Bites The Dust" playing. Lmao!! Does that sound like a worried fighter.

Finally, Gatti had proven to be a punching bag for the elite. Look at what ODLH did to him like 3 and a half years, earlier. His lack of defense, head movement and come forward style was tailor made for Floyd to decimate. Which he obviously did in tremendous fashion.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Baldomir, yes. He was wayyy bigger and had legit beating Judah for the titles. But I dont see how anyone how thought Gatti had any chance vs PBF. He was no.2 pfp behind BHop. He also never sounded as confident entering a fight than he did the Gatti one. He berated his skills and said I will dominate and dog this fighter and he was not saying it to promote the fight. He entered the ring being carried on a throne with "Another One Bites The Dust" playing. Lmao!! Does that sound like a worried fighter.

Finally, Gatti had proven to be a punching bag for the elite. Look at what ODLH did to him like 3 and a half years, earlier. His lack of defense, head movement and come forward style was tailor made for Floyd to decimate. Which he obviously did in tremendous fashion.
During that whole lead up Floyd kept calling him nothing more than a club fighter lol. No one was worried about Floyd’s health for this fight.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This was Floyd at the peak of his powers.

140 was the perfect weight for Floyd, it’s too bad Bob Arum was pretty intent on sabotaging his career and he had to move up quickly to chase the big names instead of being able to establish a period of dominance at the weight.

Imagine destroying Kostya Tszyu, Cotto, Ricky Hatton at 140 and moving up to beat Mosley and then Judah for the lineal title. :wow: