"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Minshew garbage but better than the other backups (hopefully)
PFF keep talking about how Hurts was one of the worst QBs in the league last year by their metrics so I'm really interested in seeing if that's :duck: over the course of a full season

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk about that:patrice:
Just sayin what i heard :yeshrug:

They sayin the pressure been on Lawrence. Even CJ betheard lookin more polished than him now.he moving into the #2 spot now that minshew gone.minshew been takin 1st team snaps all camp.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I dead azz can see Hurts getting an injury or struggling in some way and Minshew mania restarting in this damn city.

At least Flacco is a good buffer to the nonsense.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Minshew garbage but better than the other backups (hopefully)
PFF keep talking about how Hurts was one of the worst QBs in the league last year by their metrics so I'm really interested in seeing if that's :duck: over the course of a full season
Brief flashes of good play aside, Hurts really wasn’t very good last year. His best stretches were coming in relief of Wentz against the Packers and the first half of that Cardinals game. But he struggled throwing the football accurately, got sacked and fumbled at rates rivaling Carson Wentz, and seemed to tuck and run whenever his 1st option was covered rather than go through his reads.

Hurts got a lot of credit for sparking the Eagles that just never made sense to me. They went 1-3 during his starts, could barely beat the Taysom Hill-led Saints at home (Hurts threw a near pick-6 that would have given that game to NO), and fell apart offensively against a horrendous Cowboys defense. The team wasn’t any better with Hurts under center, save for the fact that he just didn’t make some of the jaw-droppingly stupid decisions that Wentz was making.

That wasn’t all his fault. Hurts was a 2nd-round rookie coming into a truly garbage Eagles offense with no WRs, a banged-up offensive line, and an offensive coaching staff that seemed to be truly at a loss. He never had a real chance to showcase anything positive playing on a team like that. But I can’t fault PFF for grading him negatively, because Hurts honestly didn’t play all that well.

That said, at least Hurts is getting a good chance to showcase what he can do in 2021 and you certainly can’t say the Eagles aren’t giving him a fair opportunity. They passed up on drafting Fields, drafted three new offensive players (Smith, dikkerson, Gainwell) despite a dearth of defensive talent, and have had Hurts practicing with the 1st team all offseason. And FWIW, every beat writer seems to think that Hurts has made strides this offseason, so we’ll see if it pays off. I definitely expect him to be better.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Only reason I don't like this trade cause they overate this shyt out of minshew and you know the first INT hurts throw, them hoes gonna call.for minshew to come in

Competition never hurt nobody

Minshew will be starting this yr sometime