Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

He's against young students being sexualized (learning about trans, given puberty blockers, gender reassignment, etc) and is anti covid mandates.

I'm a New Yorker, we currently have bill a in the state senate that is trying to teach kids as young as 5 about sex and LGBT stuff, and I'm vehemently against young kids learning that.

As far as covid mandates, I've seen first hand how it's decimated my once great city. Many businesses in Midtown are gone and will likely never come back; first responders who were heralded as heros in 2020 had to take shots they didn't want, non-vaxed public&private sector workers are barred from working in NYC despite unvaxxed athletes able to play.

Hell, there was a hospital out in Long Island that either temporarily closed/permanently closed because of Gov Hochul's vax mandate, and one of our local news channels covered it. The ppl in that community were screwed(some ppl there didn't have cars and the nearest hospital was at least a mile away).

While I'm not a DeSantis supporter, he certainly advocates for some things I agree w/. I could definitely see why some black folk would gravitate to him, especially the way this country is going(inflation, gas prices, food shortages, etc).

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He's against young students being sexualized (learning about trans, given puberty blockers, gender reassignment, etc) and is anti covid mandates.

I'm a New Yorker, we currently have bill a in the state senate that is trying to teach kids as young as 5 about sex and LGBT stuff, and I'm vehemently against young kids learning that.

As far as covid mandates, I've seen first hand how it's decimated my once great city. Many businesses in Midtown are gone and will likely never come back; first responders who were heralded as heros in 2020 had to take shots they didn't want, non-vaxed public&private sector workers are barred from working in NYC despite unvaxxed athletes able to play.

Hell, there was a hospital out in Long Island that either temporarily closed/permanently closed because of Gov Hochul's vax mandate, and one of our local news channels covered it. The ppl in that community were screwed(some ppl there didn't have cars and the nearest hospital was at least a mile away).

While I'm not a DeSantis supporter, he certainly advocates for some things I agree w/. I could definitely see why some black folk would gravitate to him, especially the way this country is going(inflation, gas prices, food shortages, etc).

Any black person that would vote for Desantis is an idiot.

He's a white nationalist that wants to empower police authority, Disenfranchise black peoples right to vote, and crush our rights to protest.

The LBGT shyt is understandable but the mandates were necessary at the time over 1 million people died from Covid so far.

Covid fatigue is understandable but if that causes you to vote for Desantis you are a sellout and an enemy to ADOS.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He is definitely a threat if he decides to pursue the Republican nomination. It's a matter of getting by Trump but if he can swing that and the Dems put out some mid ... :francis:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Any black person that would vote for Desantis is an idiot.

He's a white nationalist that wants to empower police authority, Disenfranchise black peoples right to vote, and crush our rights to protest.

The LBGT shyt is understandable but the mandates were necessary at the time over 1 million people died from Covid so far.

Covid fatigue is understandable but if that causes you to vote for Desantis you are a sellout and an enemy to ADOS.

1. Biden is back the blue too, dude is the architect of the mass incarceration system, and he just gave more $ to the police.

2. Dems are fukking our voting power, by advocating for open borders; ignoring us in elections and courting Hispanics instead of us their voting base. Not to mention these b*stards are allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections. The Dems know they still need us to win nationally, so the plan is to have enough Latin Dems, so they won't need our votes to hold office.

3. I never said I was a Ron stan. The top two things you criticized DeSantis about(back the blue and neutralizing our voting power),both Ron and Biden/the Dems are doing the same things as we speak. Ron and Biden/the Dems are the Spider-Man pointing meme, when it comes to how they treat us.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
1. Biden is back the blue too, dude is the architect of the mass incarceration system, and he just gave more $ to the police.

2. Dems are fukking our voting power, by advocating for open borders; ignoring us in elections and courting Hispanics instead of us their voting base. Not to mention these b*stards are allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections. The Dems know they still need us to win nationally, so the plan is to have enough Latin Dems, so they won't need our votes to hold office.

3. I never said I was a Ron stan. The top two things you criticized DeSantis about(back the blue and neutralizing our voting power),both Ron and Biden/the Dems are doing the same things as we speak. Ron and Biden/the Dems are the Spider-Man pointing meme, when it comes to how they treat us.

While your first bullet point has some merit, the rest of your post is so full of shyt. It’s almost like you think we’re gonna fall for that FOX News babble. fukk outta here.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Non citizens can't vote. That shouldn't be a concern for you.

And the ways which we Back the Blue matter. No one wants police to go away. We want them to be better and not abuse use.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Non citizens can't vote. That shouldn't be a concern for you.

And the ways which we Back the Blue matter. No one wants police to go away. We want them to be better and not abuse use.

That's not true, here in NYC, non-citizens can vote in municipal elections. They just need to be hold residency for at least 30 days .

I never said I wanted police to go away, both sides(Dems and Repubs) are for funding the police more, and both don't want to punish(ie imprison) cops who abuse black folk.

You can't criticize Ron for his back the blue stance, when Biden not only was the architect of the mass incarceration industrial complex, but Biden's nearly 40+ years in public office has help led to the militarization of the police.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
While your first bullet point has some merit, the rest of your post is so full of shyt. It’s almost like you think we’re gonna fall for that FOX News babble. fukk outta here.

So the Biden admin didn't tell us to eat a dikk repeatedly during 2020 and 2021? Before Biden told Al Sharpton and Derrick Johnson(NAACP head) to STFU and work w/ the Hispanics, this morherfukker had a campaign promise to legalize millions of undocumented immigrants.

Now if we wanna speak on the Dems as a whole, during the 2020 Dem debates/primaries, Pete Buttigieg didn't want to commit to reparations on the debate stage, but was loudly boasted that families separated at the border should get compensation. Kamala told us that she can't do shyt specifically for black folk, but said her day 1 priority if elected on the debate stage was to bring back DACA.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Can you explain why legal permanent residents being allowed to vote in *local* elections is a bad thing?

Black ppl in NYC are around 20% of the pop, despite that, we are overrepresented in the homeless shelters (50% of shelter ppl are black), and are currently being pushed to the South or CT/PA due to being a poor group who can't afford NYC.

If you make hundreds of thousands of non-citizens suddenly eligible to vote locally, that makes our share of the overall NYC voting pop smaller. If we were 18% of the registered NYC voters prior, that number is definitely down due to more ppl being inserted in said voter population.

More ppl in the voting population not of us weakens our voting leverage to demand shyt from politicians, since we now represent less of the ppl voting in NYC now. My ppl need all the leverage we can get, so we can use that to demand resources to get allocated specifically to us from politicians.