Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there are Black conservatives, then anyone can be conservative. And it's easier to be an LGBTQ conservative than a Black conservative because you can be gay and still completely isolated from the rest of the gay community, so if other gay people are going through shyt it doesn't have to impact you. Unlike the average Black person who has Black family members, grew up with Black friends, more likely than not came from a Black neighborhood, etc. Gay people don't have all gay family members and didn't grow up in gay neighborhoods, so they can distance themselves from the problems the rest of their community faces more easily.

I can kind of get the black conservative angle, if you take a good faith approach to color blindness. I think it doesn’t reflect reality, but can see how someone gets there.

But, 1of the tenets of modern American conservatism is gays shouldn’t be allowed to marry each other, adopt, or exist in the shadow. Like, it’s not even coded like the racist parts, just point blank “no gays.” How do they reconcile that

People do this all the time. It's just compartmentalization. There are environmentalists working for Exxon and Monsanto.

For some of the people you're talking about, you guys might just have different views on movement politics and how one can push a group to change. Some people believe in working from within the system, others think that makes you a sellout/co-conspirator. The fact that groups like log cabin Republicans exist suggests there is some (not a lot) tolerance for them within the party. Same as for Black conservatives.

But there's also a lot of ppl who support the GOP purely bc of their stance on taxes etc. These people may not feel any sort of obligation to "fight" or advocate for others bc they already got theirs.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

When asked about his comments, Cortes responded in an email that Trump “has debated through two successive presidential cycles, so of course he possesses a lot of experience in that arena. But I am convinced that Governor DeSantis will outperform expectations and inform large audiences about his amazing life, political record, and winning agenda for the presidency.“

Or just saying he will defeat the Woke, the Woke Agenda, the Woke Mind Virus and the Woke Streaming Service.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I disagree with the DOJ here and I'm far from a Desantis supporter. How can something be unconstitutional when it targets noncitizens?

It's well established that the Constitution applies to both citizens and non-citizens. Not every single part of the Constitution applies to non-citizens, but you have to be specific in how the Constitution doesn't protect them in this particular case.

Personally, I'd be interested if they could get away with banning non-residents from buying real estate in the state, as opposed to non-citizens. Personally, I would be in support of that. But that would be too "woke" for DeSantis, and not just activating racial grievance, so he'd never do it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
People do this all the time. It's just compartmentalization. There are environmentalists working for Exxon and Monsanto.

For some of the people you're talking about, you guys might just have different views on movement politics and how one can push a group to change. Some people believe in working from within the system, others think that makes you a sellout/co-conspirator. The fact that groups like log cabin Republicans exist suggests there is some (not a lot) tolerance for them within the party. Same as for Black conservatives.

But there's also a lot of ppl who support the GOP purely bc of their stance on taxes etc. These people may not feel any sort of obligation to "fight" or advocate for others bc they already got theirs.

That only works if you're actually in a position to change the system. We're talking regular gay voters here, not Tim Scott and Lindsay Graham.

I think your last line is the more common justification.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That only works if you're actually in a position to change the system. We're talking regular gay voters here, not Tim Scott and Lindsay Graham.

I think your last line is the more common justification.

Again that’s just a difference in opinion. I tend to be more of a cynic but people who legitimately believe their individual participation in the process is important and can bring about incremental change do exist.

And to be fair, gay marriage is one of those issues where there has actually been a lot of movement even among right wingers. Support for same sex marriage among gop voters was around 30% in 2014, and 50% today.

The fact that there’s a disconnect between many of the politicians and the feelings of their own constituents is definitely an issue but it’s that way for many issues. A function of our system of govt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Again that’s just a difference in opinion. I tend to be more of a cynic but people who legitimately believe their individual participation in the process is important and can bring about incremental change do exist.

And to be fair, gay marriage is one of those issues where there has actually been a lot of movement even among right wingers. Support for same sex marriage among gop voters was around 30% in 2014, and 50% today.

The fact that there’s a disconnect between many of the politicians and the feelings of their own constituents is definitely an issue but it’s that way for many issues. A function of our system of govt.

If you're a gay Republican, and you think your participation could bring about incremental change, then why the hell would you be supporting Desantis? You're throwing away your primary tool to bring about that change.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're a gay Republican, and you think your participation could bring about incremental change, then why the hell would you be supporting Desantis? You're throwing away your primary tool to bring about that change.

I was speaking historically, not necessarily just this election cycle.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
F0RmA_yWcAIDk0X

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Im gettin MAD cuck vibes from Ole Ronnie. His bytch might as well be the one running.

Your not off, it's just that Ron is gay and Casey is his beard. She is using him to try and get into the White House, and when DeSantis falls out of the race, Casey will divorce Ron and basically DeSantis' private life will be exposed.