Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I think the problem with ted cruz is that no one likes him. Not even his own family.

Yeah, but after McCain's failure against Obama, and Mittens as well... this WAS the 2016 GOP Field in Order of popular vote. NO one likes Ted Cruz, but just like DeSantis, the GOP wanted him to be the savior. Trump basically killed Cruz presidential career easily... and I see no difference than DeSantis.

1. Trump
  2. Ted Cruz
  3. John Kasich
  4. Marco Rubio
  5. Ben Carson
  6. Jeb Bush
  7. Rand Paul
  8. Chris Christie
  9. Mike Huckabee
  10. Carly Fiorina

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope; He is basically Scott Walker with a Joe McCarthy Agenda.

nah breh

scott walker couldn't stand out bc there were so many candidates in 2016, desantis only has to run against trump and is already getting the benefit of being considered a front runner by the media

walker dropped out bc he couldn't raise money, desantis will have billions at his disposal when you combine donations, free media (fox), superpacs, outside group spending etc

walker never graduated from college, desantis has the ivy league pedigree and redneck sensibilities

walker's wife was way older than him and unattractive, desantis wife is conventionally attractive, worked as a local news host and is a cancer survivor

walker was governor in wisconsin and even though he was a hero to the right wing bc of the battles he had, wisconsin is not florida in terms of visibility, population/size, influence etc

finally i see a lot of ppl constantly referring to desantis being boring etc as though it's a huge liability...the thing is, trump as very much an outlier when you think about GOP candidates...and the same characteristics/personality that helped trump stand out among 15 other candidates in 2016 are now hurting him bc the times have changed...the people who have switched their support from trump to desantis almost universally point this out...theyre tired of the drama and see it as one of the major reasons biden won.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
walker was governor in wisconsin and even though he was a hero to the right wing bc of the battles he had, wisconsin is not florida in terms of visibility, population/size, influence etc

Actually I would disagree with you on this. Wisconsin for the past decade, has been VERY influential because Walker was laying a blueprint to blow up unions, gerrymander, stack the courts with Conservative Judges, etc. Not to mention that Wisconsin is going to be one of those unpredictable states. That same being for Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
The MAGA base may only make up ~30% of total voters but they make up well over 50% of GOP voters.
So even if he cuts dude's base in half, Desantis is twisting himself into a pretzel for at best 25% of the entire GOP base? When has that worked for anybody but fat Nixon?

He would be better off punting Maga and working to bringing the Bush Rs back into the fold.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but after McCain's failure against Obama, and Mittens as well... this WAS the 2016 GOP Field in Order of popular vote. NO one likes Ted Cruz, but just like DeSantis, the GOP wanted him to be the savior. Trump basically killed Cruz presidential career easily... and I see no difference than DeSantis.

1. Trump
  2. Ted Cruz
  3. John Kasich
  4. Marco Rubio
  5. Ben Carson
  6. Jeb Bush
  7. Rand Paul
  8. Chris Christie
  9. Mike Huckabee
  10. Carly Fiorina

Desantis personality will definitely rub some people the wrong way, but to suggest his (un)likability among GOP voters will be similar to Cruz seems wildly optimistic to me. NOBODY liked Cruz, even his own colleagues. He is the personal manifestation of a "sniveling coward." He let trump call his dad a murdered and his wife ugly. Desantis is legit a hero to a lot of the right wing nowadays. I don't think even trump supporters would support trump attacking desantis family the same way he did cruz. Right now the only people on the right attacking desantis are the trump dead enders.

Also the list is somewhat misleading in that it suggests the race was more competitive than it was in reality. Most of Cruz's votes (and money) came from winning his home state (in which he only won 44%) and from hardline conservatives who didn't yet trust trump bc of his past more liberal positions or thought he was too much of a liability against Clinton. There was never any real concerted effort by the GOP to hold cruz up as a savior. He just happened to stay in the race longer. Once Rubio dropped out in March, Cruz was literally the only other candidate still actively running. He received a lot of votes (popular and electoral) from primaries where the states apportioned electoral votes based on the % of popular votes received.

If you truly believe that 2016 Cruz is analogous to 2023 desantis seems crazy to me breh.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually I would disagree with you on this. Wisconsin for the past decade, has been VERY influential because Walker was laying a blueprint to blow up unions, gerrymander, stack the courts with Conservative Judges, etc. Not to mention that Wisconsin is going to be one of those unpredictable states. That same being for Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania.

Absolutely agree that Walker and Wisconsin had their moment and he tried to flip that into his candidacy. But since then Dems won governor and have a good chance of taking back the supreme court in a couple weeks. Nowadays Florida is heaven on earth for right wingers. It's where they're all going to retire, it's gone from legit swing state to solid GOP territory, it's where trump is based and it's growing population allows it to affect national policy. Right wingers point to the disney shyt as a model for how they're going to attack big businesses that dont toe the line.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff:

Yo I hate Trump but this mufukka is pure comedy

As in he's going to Rob you of your teenage daughters

original.jpg