Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Breh, having an even keeled temperament is probably a liability for republican primary voters.

Not sure why this needs to be repeated so many times. GOP primary voters don't care about any of the things you or the media care about. It is a completely different universe.

Let's say during a debate he just went crazy, yelling/ being disrespectful to the questioner, clearly ignoring the rules etc. shyt like that wouldnt cost him one primary voters.
They already have Trump for that. Or is he no longer supposed to be the alternative to Trump that attracts the more reponsible republican/swing vote?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They already have Trump for that. Or is he no longer supposed to be the alternative to Trump that attracts the more reponsible republican/swing vote?

Nah, I don't think he was ever really supposed to be that, DeSantis was never trying to be Mitt Romney. If anything he's a younger, less charismatic Trump wannabe.

His argument to primary voters is going to be that he can win elections that Trump can't, and he's going to say the midterms proved it. I don't really know whether or not that will work with GOP primary voters, since they're not really rational, but they can't be all that happy with the last couple of elections. He could end up winning the primary if he can get most of the non-Trump vote and the other candidates aren't too egotistical to drop out in time.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nah, I don't think he was ever really supposed to be that, DeSantis was never trying to be Mitt Romney. If anything he's a younger, less charismatic Trump.

His argument to primary voters is going to be that he can win elections that Trump can't, and he's going to say the midterms proved it. I don't really know whether or not that will work with GOP primary voters, since they're not really rational, but they can't be all that happy with the last couple of elections. He could end up winning the primary if he can get most of the non-Trump vote and the other candidates aren't too egotistical to drop out in time.
:pachaha:
Y’all just throwing shyt at the wall over this guy. I’m asking how is he going to make this argument if he gets in tv acting like Trump?
trump lost moderate republicans because of his style, NOT because of his policies. desantis will never go full trump.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Breh, having an even keeled temperament is probably a liability for republican primary voters.

Not sure why this needs to be repeated so many times. GOP primary voters don't care about any of the things you or the media care about. It is a completely different universe.

Let's say during a debate he just went crazy, yelling/ being disrespectful to the questioner, clearly ignoring the rules etc. shyt like that wouldnt cost him one primary voters.

I'm not talking about the voter base not loving what he says. I'm saying homeboy sings in the mirror and refuses to do acapella. Based on his reactions to even the slightest bit of challenge when asked simple and easy questions, he gets testy.

He's a dikk, and when not able control the audience he may start to slowly unravel because all accounts that I've read is he only listens to his wife, brushes off donors and is a cocky prick. It won't take much needling in a debate to simply let him walk into being that on stage.

It can't just be all about what Florida likes and wants at some point whether he likes it or not he's going to have to appeal to people who simply don't want red meat all the time.There will come a point where this attitude of his is going to be a turn off. It may not be the primary but his my way or the highway attitude will trip him up.

What -you gonna pass national laws that say you cannot criticize the government or you may get your tax incentives or subsidies taken away? That gonna play out well?

Trump gets away with his because he's been like this for 50 years in public.

He strikes me as someone not disciplined enough to not let his emotions get the best of him onstage.

It cannot just be about woke all the damn time because at some point you have to talk about something else.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:pachaha:
Y’all just throwing shyt at the wall over this guy. I’m asking how is he going to make this argument if he gets in tv acting like Trump?

His argument is going to be "I got reelected by a landslide in a year where Trump's candidates did horribly, I'm the candidate who can win".

Yes, he's an assclown but that applies to just about any Republican candidate and doesn't really matter.

I'm not talking about the voter base not loving what he says. I'm saying homeboy sings in the mirror and refuses to do acapella. Based on his reactions to even the slightest bit of challenge when asked simple and easy questions, he gets testy.

He's a dikk, and when not able control the audience he may start to slowly unravel because all accounts that I've read is he only listens to his wife, brushes off donors and is a cocky prick. It won't take much needling in a debate to simply let him walk into being that on stage.

It can't just be all about what Florida likes and wants at some point whether he likes it or not he's going to have to appeal to people who simply don't want red meat all the time.There will come a point where this attitude of his is going to be a turn off. It may not be the primary but his my way or the highway attitude will trip him up.

What -you gonna pass national laws that say you cannot criticize the government or you may get your tax incentives or subsidies taken away? That gonna play out well?

He strikes me as someone not disciplined enough to not let his emotions get the best of him onstage.

It cannot just be about woke all the damn time because at some point you have to talk about something else.

You are overestimating American voters. People seem to do that a lot in HL.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
His argument is going to be "I got reelected by a landslide in a year where Trump's candidates did horribly, I'm the candidate who can win".

Yes, he's an assclown but that applies to just about any Republican candidate and doesn't really matter.

You are overestimating American voters. People seem to do that a lot in HL.

Ok I am saying this muthafukka will self destruct before he reaches the holy grail.... damn

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Trump and DeSantis will hopefully cancel each other out. Dems have a strong chance of winning. Would like to see a third party candidate win and have another one term president until 2028.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:why:

Sure they "already have trump for that." BUT this isn't 2016. trump already lost once. Most of the people he supported during midterms lose. He doesn't have the machinery of the party behind him. He used to have rallies with tens of thousands of people but now he can't even fill the room at CPAC. trump wouldn't have won in 2016 without Fox News acting as an extension of his campaign but they are actively opposing him now. He's been raising a lot of money but as is usually the case with trump, he's funneling that money for his own personal expenses (more than $10M for attorneys fees). He's starting to sound like jealous ex, and eventually that will wear on even his supporters.

Desantis is seen as the more viable candidate. He has as much cash on hand as trump even though he ran through $100M for his reelection campaign. He will easily outraise trump. He has nonstop media attention. He has Fox News fully behind him. He's the candidate the Dems are focusing their attention on, which sends a clear signal to republican voters. He isn't seen as a less conservative option to trump in the way GOP primary voters saw Jeb, Romney, McCain etc. But even if they did, if he's the nominee they will still vote for him bc that's what right wingers do.

Now, I'm going to try and make a subtle/nuanced point and I'm trusting that you will understand.

Desantis came here to suburban chicago to speak to police officers etc. Here's an article that talks about it.

The important passage is here, pay even more attention to the italicized.
At DeSantis’ stop in Elmhurst, Illinois, Joe McGraw, an Illinois circuit court judge, said DeSantis was “electric” and that it was “pretty much unanimous” among attendees that DeSantis should seek the GOP presidential nomination.

Bob Kopp, a 71-year-old pastor and police chaplain, said he liked Trump’s record, voted for him twice and would vote for him again — but also called the former president “an insufferable narcissist.”

“It was so nice to hear someone reflect American values in a hopeful, positive — it wasn’t really demeaning of anybody,” he said of DeSantis. “He spoke of positive principles and values, and didn’t get into personalities and demeaning.”

This guy Bob Kopp is a typical primary voter. You, I, the media etc would never ever label DeSantis' campaigns or personality as "hopeful, positive." He very clearly is obsessed with personalities and being demeaning and an a$$hole is something he's clearly proud of. Those are facts.

But nothing DeSantis has said or done registers with Bob as being out of line. None of the various controversies, COVID, anti-"woke" politics, media suppression, using law enforcement to go after his political opponents, having the legislature pass self serving legislation, the Disney shyt etc. mean anything to him. So when you said "They already have trump for that," Bob is one of the "they" you're talking about. If DeSantis wasn't around and it was trump vs Haley, Pence, Christie, Tim Scott, Ted Cruz etc....Bob Kopp would be backing trump. And that probably goes for everyone in that room. And while early in the process, that seems to be a clear trend line. Yes, there is still a lot of trump love/devotion among primary voters. And sure there will be some true die hards that may not support anyone else. But my sense is that right now trump's campaign is running on nostalgia more than anything else.

Nah, I don't think he was ever really supposed to be that, DeSantis was never trying to be Mitt Romney. If anything he's a younger, less charismatic Trump wannabe.

I think on some subconscious level some of the people in here either miss the trump as candidate days bc shyt seemed more entertaining or simply want so badly to believe trump will be the nominee bc he's clearly the weaker candidate (which I understand).

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No, trump got away with it bc he realized what his voters want and convinced them he would give it to them. Then once he won he realized that so long as he's in power and continues giving them what they want, that they won't abandon him.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

DeSantis is a fukkin cornball doofus

This woke crusade he is on is gonna be one of the biggest flops in election history

This is a total miscalculation on his part

A fukkin weeny dweeb ass clown politician that doesn’t realize how dumb he is

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
DeSantis is a fukkin cornball doofus

This woke crusade he is on is gonna be one of the biggest flops in election history

This is a total miscalculation on his part

A fukkin weeny dweeb ass clown politician that doesn’t realize how dumb he is

Can't make rent- woke
Didn't get that job- woke
Tornado - woke
Hurricane - woke
Movie you watched sucked- woke

This man is a fukking joke