NULL
I seen it last night really good movie:myman: did his thing

John Goodman had me dying :laugh:

That opening scene :takedat:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Jus

The movie is very moving and funny at the same damn time.

The audience clapped their hands at the end of the movie.

!

yeah this happened in the theater i just got back from....

oh and, :laugh:
Dezel told them all about his alcoholic additiction, but he kept that cocaine stuff secret :steviej:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Saw it yesterday :salute: to Zemeckis for that full frontal nudity of the stewardess was sitting in my seat with this expression :noah:. Goodman had the whole theater laughing and Denzel killed it as usual, they were clapping at the end in my showing too.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Flight'. Denzel Washington gives an above average, commendable, performance, in an initially intriguing drama, that descends, rather quickly into a banal, over done, obvious, preachy, Hollywood bullshyt about recovery and redemption, while hitting every cliche possible. Intoxicated while watching old family movies? Check. Throwing out bottles of alcohol over a slow, sad, blues song? Check. Bonding with a 'beautifu'l addict (not no scarred by her addiction), also in recovery? Yes. There's a whole list there. The scenes with the girl on the farm, just taking the pictures in the early sunrise? Are you fukking kidding? The emotional scenes were as obvious and in your face as the soundtrack.

Knew the movie as in trouble about 30 min in, with the brutal scene in the hospital with a cancer patient, the heroin addict, and Denzel. The first 30 min are expertly done, and I suppose I should have expected the broad, dripping sap from the director of 'Forrest Gump'. The story lumbers through familiar territory, the airplane crash/investigation kind of lurks in the background, in an odd, murky way, as Denzel goes through the well worn stages of an alcoholic portrayed in film. Interesting supporting performances by John Goodman and Don Cheadle, help the films in it's last half, but uneven, bizarrely religious storytelling really hurt the entire movie. The ending is so self righteous and over the top it veers into parody. It's too bad, the set up for the movie deserves much more then it amounted too.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Did well at the Box Office, 25 million opening on a 31 million budget, nicca we....:myman:

I'm bout to vote for Obama on Tuesday, gloat on Wednesday and Thursday, and see this movie on Friday....:obama:

black excellece

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flight'. Denzel Washington gives an above average, commendable, performance, in an initially intriguing drama, that descends, rather quickly into a banal, over done, obvious, preachy, Hollywood bullshyt about recovery and redemption, while hitting every cliche possible. Intoxicated while watching old family movies? Check. Throwing out bottles of alcohol over a slow, sad, blues song? Check. Bonding with a 'beautifu'l addict (not no scarred by her addiction), also in recovery? Yes. There's a whole list there. The scenes with the girl on the farm, just taking the pictures in the early sunrise? Are you fukking kidding? The emotional scenes were as obvious and in your face as the soundtrack.

Knew the movie as in trouble about 30 min in, with the brutal scene in the hospital with a cancer patient, the heroin addict, and Denzel. The first 30 min are expertly done, and I suppose I should have expected the broad, dripping sap from the director of 'Forrest Gump'. The story lumbers through familiar territory, the airplane crash/investigation kind of lurks in the background, in an odd, murky way, as Denzel goes through the well worn stages of an alcoholic portrayed in film. Interesting supporting performances by John Goodman and Don Cheadle, help the films in it's last half, but uneven, bizarrely religious storytelling really hurt the entire movie. The ending is so self righteous and over the top it veers into parody. It's too bad, the set up for the movie deserves much more then it amounted too.

:rudy: @ that scene being brutal. One of the best scenes in the movie

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Really? I thought it was so cliche, the three screw ups, waxing philsopihical, during a thunderstorm, which were used with as much forcefulness as the blaring Rolling Stones tracks. The 'wacky' cancer patient, the beautiful, damaged heroin addict, the stoic, stubborn, alcoholic, who has a a heart underneath all the booze and coke. The set up and Denzel Washington's performance, among others, deserved better then this, Lifetime movie of the week, cliched mess of a movie.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Damn it pays to have a good lawyer it was dope ass fukk how Don got the toxicology report
Killed nikka was thoro with it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did well at the Box Office, 25 million opening on a 31 million budget, nicca we....:myman:

I'm bout to vote for Obama on Tuesday, gloat on Wednesday and Thursday, and see this movie on Friday....:obama:

Weekend Report: 'Ralph' Wrecks It, 'Flight' Cruises - Box Office Mojo

While it had to settle for second place, Flight also had an exceptional opening this weekend. Director Robert Zemeckis's first live-action movie in 12 years opened to $24.9 million from just 1,884 locations, which translates to a $13,275 per-theater average. That's star Denzel Washington's fifth-highest debut ever, and it came in ahead of his recent thrillers The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 ($23.4 million) and Unstoppable ($22.7 million).

Flight's initial success is a stark rebuttal to Hollywood's belief that in order to open a movie successfully, you need to get it in to as many theaters as possible (which often means over 3,000 locations). Flight was appealing enough to adult audiences that they sought it out at its 1,884 theaters

fukkboys doubting Denzel in 2012? :scusthov:

Mr. Washington: :obama:

Mr. Goodman: :smugbiden: