‘Fleishman is in Trouble’ Thread | Starring Jesse Eisenberg, Lizzy Caplan | FX/Hulu

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
just watched the last episode….yep, no one does crazy like Claire Danes, that was incredibly hard to watch. Thats a huge fear of mine just slowly losing your mind like that

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Felt so-so on the finale at first since I was hoping to see Rachel involved more, but those last 15 minutes made it up. :ehh:

I’m glad they managed to wrap up Libby’s arc in a hopeful way despite being one of the more frustrating characters on the show. Cannot recall the amount of times I was practically begging her to just go back home to her family. Something tells me those pancakes definitely weren’t cooked all the way through tho. :aicmon:

One thing I noticed throughout the season was that her, Toby, and even Seth seemed to point out the life aspects they were envious of in each other. Toby thinking Libby’s family life on the surface is a dream come true, when it’s actually quite complex from her perspective. Libby wishing she could live out that single, youthful lifestyle again. Seth wanting to fill the void and finally settle down with that special someone.

Might give the novel a read some day. Did Rachel actually come back home, or was that all in Toby’s imagination ala Libby’s book? In the words of Dev from Master of None…”Am I Vanilla Skying myself right now?” :ohhh:

And Lizzy Caplan frumpy cottage cheese ass would get wrecked:wow:Ted Mosby don't know what to do with the p*ssy, yet again.
Masters of Sex-era Lizzy Caplan :ohlawd:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
So was the last shot real?
I want to be hopeful and think she shows up, Toby actually empathizes with her situation, and they work things out for the sake of their kids ultimately. However, that’s a little too convenient given everything they’ve been through. I’m cool with her getting help, reconciling with the children, but staying separate from Toby if that’s what happens.

I’m thinking of the long-term effects had those kids woke up and overheard the whole conversation regarding their mother from Libby and their father’s careless reaction to it all. What if Libby ends up publishing the book and the kids start reading it when they’re older. :damn:

breaking-bad-toilet-scene.gif

Eh, both these couples have their issues but I give Libby/Adam the benefit of the doubt because I could see some genuine love shared still amongst their issues, and I thought the husband was incredibly patient when it came to dealing with Libby’s mid-life crisis. Therapy would not hurt for the both of them.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just binged.

Claire Danes is the GOAT at playing crazy white women. Most actors try to avoid looking ugly, she don't give a fukk. She killing this role. I lowkey think she is crazy tho.

And the writing is top notch. Had me hating her character for the first few episodes but Toby's been getting worse and worse the more information comes out. Danes is a c*nty but she has been in self defense mode for over 10 years after her husband failed to have a back. The trust is gone and she had a mental breakdown while attempting to address her trauma.

And Lizzy Caplan frumpy cottage cheese ass would get wrecked:wow:Ted Mosby don't know what to do with the p*ssy, yet again.

9 seasons of playing that type of role on homeland makes her take to this role like a duck takes to water.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
this show really portrays the wife as the major bytch in the relationship.
:patrice: I see what you're saying but I don't think thats the point. Most mainstream, privileged cac, divorce stories are frame from the POV of the male....how married life made him forget what being a man was or how to enjoy life. This show gave that male throughline to the women. Toby's lawyer even said he was wife in his situation.

We won't call the men in those other stories bytches or a$$holes for wanting to recapture their youth. I think itself unfair to call the women in this story bytches any more than the men. Its just a reminder that we're all going through our own shyt and most cases insensitivity (from loved ones) are coming from a place of ignorance, not maliciousness.

Most ppl operate on some "No one care about your problems because we have our problems to deal" with type shyt. If you intend on marrying someone, both paries should give each other an exception or you're doomed for failure.:francis: but empathy is a skill and is actively disincentivized in modern society...... so good luck outchea fellas.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:patrice: I see what you're saying but I don't think thats the point. Most mainstream, privileged cac, divorce stories are frame from the POV of the male....how married life made him forget what being a man was or how to enjoy life. This show gave that male throughline to the women. Toby's lawyer even said he was wife in his situation.

We won't call the men in those other stories bytches or a$$holes for wanting to recapture their youth. I think itself unfair to call the women in this story bytches any more than the men. Its just a reminder that we're all going through our own shyt and most cases insensitivity (from loved ones) are coming from a place of ignorance, not maliciousness.

Most ppl operate on some "No one care about your problems because we have our problems to deal" with type shyt. If you intend on marrying someone, both paries should give each other an exception or you're doomed for failure.:francis: but empathy is a skill and is actively disincentivized in modern society...... so good luck outchea fellas.

bro, I been thru a divorce. and while it sucks, I have NEVER EVER had that type of feeling of jealousy in my life over a woman. when it's over, it's over. charge it to the game. I'm on to the next one :manny:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Just caught up last night. Toby's reaction to hearing about Rachel having a breakdown was great. "we divorced....not my problem". Add to the fact that she was out sleeping with another married man. The way Libby still was on team sisterhood was some bullshyt.

And the Libby and her Husband storyline was literally about nothing. The both came off like a$$holes to each other, but for no reason other that "i'm a city-girl that wants to run the streets and I don't wanna be suburban". Dude is literally telling her like "bytch, we made it...shut up and kick back". Seemed like a forced timewasting side story.

Also, the thing about Rachel and the doctor. So this doctor did some assualt level shyt to this woman and nobody did shyt to him? He was still walking the hospital doing shyt? There was no legal action? :dahell: And the way they flip flopped that part of the story from rape to post pardom was weird. Like was it post pardom or sexual assault? When she went to that women's group i could have sworn one of the women was talking about rape, but then they made it seem like post-pardom was the issue. Very confusing.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Also, the thing about Rachel and the doctor. So this doctor did some assualt level shyt to this woman and nobody did shyt to him? He was still walking the hospital doing shyt? There was no legal action? :dahell: And the way they flip flopped that part of the story from rape to post pardom was weird. Like was it post pardom or sexual assault? When she went to that women's group i could have sworn one of the women was talking about rape, but then they made it seem like post-pardom was the issue. Very confusing.
I think that's the point. From Toby's point a view, he was gone for a few seconds and his wife started panicking for no reason. From her pov, she was alone with a strange doc who was fingering her for a while. What ever thr truth was, Rachel felt like she was violated and Toby didn't have her back and damn near was gaslighting her.

Rachel went into postpartum depression after the birth. She was recovering and addressing her own personal traumas for several months. Then the doc triggered her again. From then on Rachel when into defensive mode and leaned into being an unsufferable c*nt.

Both Toby and Rachel are too self centered to actually care about their partners personal issues. Rachel needs professional help and Toby needs to get over himself. He's a self hating, rich liberal New Yorker and Rachel has severe mom issues that tries to fill with money and status.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Add to the fact that she was out sleeping with another married man. The way Libby still was on team sisterhood was some bullshyt.

You missed that Rachel was essentially raped by that doctor and Toby :yeshrug: ’d it. Rachel breaking down this way comes from that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Both Toby and Rachel are too self centered to actually care about their partners personal issues. Rachel needs professional help and Toby needs to get over himself. He's a self hating, rich liberal New Yorker and Rachel has severe mom issues that tries to fill with money and status.
Yup

I think it was funny that Toby keep shytting on her for trying to be friends with those scummy upper east side moms, when Toby was basically born and raised in the Jewish version of that circle.

He disliked those yuppies, but was fine with his own yuppie crew.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You missed that Rachel was essentially raped by that doctor and Toby :yeshrug: ’d it. Rachel breaking down this way comes from that.
I think this was bad writing. Like i said, they flip flopped between rape and post pardom. And it doesn't even make sense if that's what happened and nothing happened to the doctor. I just think the writing on that part was unclear and they threw too much into that trying to add "layers". And the time between that doctor incident and the divorce was several years. She don't get to ride that excuse into the sunset.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I think that's the point. From Toby's point a view, he was gone for a few seconds and his wife started panicking for no reason. From her pov, she was alone with a strange doc who was fingering her for a while. What ever thr truth was, Rachel felt like she was violated and Toby didn't have her back and damn near was gaslighting her.

Rachel went into postpartum depression after the birth. She was recovering and addressing her own personal traumas for several months. Then the doc triggered her again. From then on Rachel when into defensive mode and leaned into being an unsufferable c*nt.

again, that doesn't even make sense because she doesn't need Toby to file charges. I think that was horrible writing, and I don't think 99% of men would just shrug at their wife screaming like that at malpractice. Like the whole Toby not caring part is unrealistic. And they flip flopped it between post pardom and rape which was confusing and them throw too much into.