‘Fleishman is in Trouble’ Thread | Starring Jesse Eisenberg, Lizzy Caplan | FX/Hulu

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think the white yuppie lifestyle just doesn't play in here unless someone is killing or raping or doing something very illegal at the same time. lol
Yeah, gotta say even for me the lack of diversity is a turn off. I can't relate.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It kind of reminds me of Love Life season 2 but with Jewish people instead of Black people.

Really good show. But yeah, I agree, it can be depressing in an all too real way cause everyone's eventually gonna go thru that "is this all life has to offer?" struggle.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This is a great show. One of My favorites of this year, but this forum is not the audience for it.
Damn, needs a bear laced on cocaine in it I guess. :mjcry:

I forgot that this is one of those FX on Hulu shows that doesn’t air on the proper network, so probably another reason why it’s not popping like that. One of those shows that people don’t know about until they see it listed under the ‘Best’ categories at the Emmys, and then run to check it out.

On another note, the dating app companies gotta be loving the unrealistic portrayal of the turnaround time on making matches, right? :pachaha:Some fine ass women on this show though.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Damn, needs a bear laced on cocaine in it I guess. :mjcry:

I forgot that this is one of those FX on Hulu shows that doesn’t air on the proper network, so probably another reason why it’s not popping like that. One of those shows that people don’t know about until they see it listed under the ‘Best’ categories at the Emmys, and then run to check it out.

On another note, the dating app companies gotta be loving the unrealistic portrayal of the turnaround time on making matches, right? :pachaha:Some fine ass women on this show though.
Lmao

man was plowing through women until his family came back.

I wonder how this is going to end. I think Libby and Rachel gonna have an understanding that they both in the same place in life.

Also, having never read the book I think Fleischman has some health problem that he is ignoring. He is always rubbing his side.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i started watching this. I almost cut it off when they pulled that nerdy white boy smashing dimes shyt like a Judd Apatow movie. Soon as dude made his dating profile he had every woman on the app all over him? :martin:

Like it's a good show, but there's a lot i could knit pick about. I think they said it's a miniseries so that's good if that true. But this is one of those shows where too many people are unlikeable. Him and his friend started arguing at that party for no reason. :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
First ep was great.
Second ep was a flashback so I skipped it.
I don't have Hulu anymore.
Lizzy caplan good for some debauchery so let me know when that happens

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i started watching this. I almost cut it off when they pulled that nerdy white boy smashing dimes shyt like a Judd Apatow movie. Soon as dude made his dating profile he had every woman on the app all over him? :martin:
The dating app success rate was my main critique with the show, but it wasn't a big deal to me. I settled down before those apps were a thing so I don't actually know.
But, on second thought, dude is a successful, not ugly, doctor making $300,000+ in New York City. And this show is set in the past (during Hillary Clinton's campaign?) which was before women started getting burned out on the apps and pulling back. So his success rate might be high.
But this is one of those shows where too many people are unlikeable. Him and his friend started arguing at that party for no reason. :mjlol:
They didn't start unlikable tho. We all felt sorry for Toby and thought his wife was a bytch. But the longer we spend with him the more of his jackass personality is revealed. I think that's the point of the show and we're prob going to see a different perspective soon.
(No spoilers. I'm just speculating)

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
watching the first ep now. pretty relatable as someone who went through a divorce a few years ago

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It had potential early on, i think I’m just committed to seeing how this goes, but they are painting themselves in a corner with this storyline early on, because i don’t see how this shyt grows, though I’m sure they find a way, i thought this would be about a dude finding himself, and enjoying life instead I’m watching a chump become more of a chump, and always fukkin whining, and his best friend who’s doing that shyt women do, where they want a thrill because being a wife/mother is too much for them, while also looking for a thrill, and will inevitably dodge accountability when confronted