Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I can rock with this. I I'll be honest, I zoned out during some parts because it felt like the same shyt was being repeated. I feel like his point wasn't that hard to understand. Well, first of all, I don't think he anticipated that amount of backlash. Second, like you said, it was a stream of consciousness thing. It was a joke that had some truth (or what he believed to be truth) in it.

Also, I'm glad @KBadd asked the question about distinguishing between the internet nikkas and the people that you interact with physically. I don't know too many ppl that act like those cats on twitter or hell, some of the nikkas on this website. It kind of pisses me off when I see people that criticize us either a.) forget or b.) just flat out refuse to make the distinction.

I think this is fair, but I feel like we're a bit insulated to an extent. I can only speak for myself but I remember when "street harassment" first made its way on Twitter and on here a few years ago and I got mad just like every other nikka. I naturally took that shyt personal cause genuine frustration on females part, felt like an attack on our part. And we both bunkered down and made shyt worse by arguing shyt we don't even believe. The whole time I thought, I DONT KNOW ANY nikka that does shyt like that to women. All my nikkas are genuinely good dudes. Wasn't till much later that I began talking to my home girls and even my sister that it dawned on me how real that shyt was. Every single one of them told me several stories about feeling uncomfortable being approached aggressively by men in public. Stories about being followed for far to long, dudes grabbing their arm, making ridiculously lewd comments etc.

My general rule now, is whenever a woman reveals a frustration to me about black men, whatever reaction I have, I take a step back and examine it. And I honestly ask myself, if this was me talking to a white dude, and he said what I'm about to say, how would I feel? 9 times out of 10 i'd be pissed at the dude, so i try and understand where she's coming from.

We constantly vent our frustrations about how dense white people are about our issues and how they either act like don't or refuse to understand. Then we about face and do the same exact shyt to our women. We can't keep being hypocrites. We need to be better.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
As far as that shyt Rod was trying to kick I didn't care for it.

I usually don't care when duke is on but stop bringing Rod on

Rod was getting his
full

on when explaining his tweet.

:snoop: Yeah, I'm listening to that podcast right now. Rod's explanation was just a big Juelz Santana Special. I can see why he isn't interested in debating anybody about it. He doesn't even sound sure about himself.

EDIT:
:mjlol: Rod is destroying his own argument by contradicting himself. Some of the points he brought up are points folks on The Coli used against him.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We constantly vent our frustrations about how dense white people are about our issues and how they either act like don't or refuse to understand. Then we about face and do the same exact shyt to our women. We can't keep being hypocrites. We need to be better.
factual