Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I understood completely what he meant by the tweet and there's some validity to it. I definitely didn't think it was a big deal. Well, big enough to where he needed to explain and try to defend himself.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I understood completely what he meant by the tweet and there's some validity to it. I definitely didn't think it was a big deal. Well, big enough to where he needed to explain and try to defend himself.
So do I but don't make a point if you're totally incapable of explaining it. Just a case where he threw shyt up against the wall and didn't think it would stick and when it did, he tried to hide his hands

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it would seem you and I was the only one that got that joke, I was partying with last week when you tried to do that with young MC, but then you realized that the nicca only had one song

Put my lil bro on to the show a while back (he's mid 20s), but he stopped listening to everything except the Tank segment because he said he didn't get/understand a lot of @NV-ME references to 80s shyt. :dead:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
So do I but don't make a point if you're totally incapable of explaining it. Just a case where he threw shyt up against the wall and didn't think it would stick and when it did, he tried to hide his hands

I can rock with this. I I'll be honest, I zoned out during some parts because it felt like the same shyt was being repeated. I feel like his point wasn't that hard to understand. Well, first of all, I don't think he anticipated that amount of backlash. Second, like you said, it was a stream of consciousness thing. It was a joke that had some truth (or what he believed to be truth) in it.

Also, I'm glad @KBadd asked the question about distinguishing between the internet nikkas and the people that you interact with physically. I don't know too many ppl that act like those cats on twitter or hell, some of the nikkas on this website. It kind of pisses me off when I see people that criticize us either a.) forget or b.) just flat out refuse to make the distinction.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It does seem like Rod's whole argument was about setting up future arguments, he caters to his female demographic way too much, and he does throw stuff out on twitter and not expect feedback which is why I don't follow him anymore.

As a straight black male, I don't feel like im in a position of privilege, I might get paid more than females, I guess, but I also see female take more breaks and be less productive than me. I also have to cover for them, whether I want to or not, whether im interested or not. Whenever this conversation takes place, females never want to have the entire conversation

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
As a straight black male, I don't feel like im in a position of privilege,
a straight white male also feel they are not in a position of privilege.

We dont see privilege until someone who isnt as privileged tells us.

His point was clear, and @Basaglia was right in that nikkas really can't compute it.

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
Also, I'm glad @KBadd asked the question about distinguishing between the internet nikkas and the people that you interact with physically. I don't know too many ppl that act like those cats on twitter or hell, some of the nikkas on this website. It kind of pisses me off when I see people that criticize us either a.) forget or b.) just flat out refuse to make the distinction.

To be perfectly honest, that's why I kept my mouth shut because of the dudes I'm around on a daily basis - and I'm around 70-75 black men of all ages every single day - almost none of them fit the profile that Rod was talking about. His experience is his experience and I won't argue what he sees, but it's not mine so ...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Im a stay away from spoilers don't watch the previews type a nikka, breh they be spoiling the shyt out of movies on the podcast. I wasn't gonna watch don't breathe anyway....but I feel like I just saw it

It's called fast forward breh :skip:

When we getting our next Gooch episode? Them shis are always classics. :pachaha:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
On the real, I think this is the second week since he kneeled (or didn't stand, whichever it is) during the anthem. It just feels like a fukking month.

That Mama Jean's tank was exquisite. Hit close to home lol. Got me reminiscing about my Morgan days. :to:

All I could do is laugh when Basa was getting mad over Curry's comments. The dedication to an agenda:wow:

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
It's called fast forward breh :skip:

When we getting our next Gooch episode? Them shis are always classics. :pachaha:

Some of the best moments when they go on a tangent happen during tv/movie reviews tho. Matter of fact, I think the original sneaking in movies debate happened during a movie review.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Has the audio been fixed :lupe:

I still haven't finished last weeks brehs :mjcry:

Seriously audio was awful ba sounded like a Damm robot .

I have an hour left I couldn't sit through it .

This my favorite podcast please fix it if it hasn't been take care of :mjcry:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Been 5 years. It's never getting fixed.
Nahh some reason y'all sounded really bad these last 3 weeks .

For me to not actually finish an episode that's pretty bad .

It's like you calling a bish over to smash and not nutting.

Trust me I know one of the charms of the show is that everything is home grown .

Y'all not gonna gonna have a professional sounding podcast .

Kb vs the fly was still funny :russ:

Seriously some reason the audio has been really bad last 3 weeks .

I listen to yesterday's podcast and it was far better than last week .