Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
LOL Rod does pay homage but fukk that. You can tell these white folks that the Stones and Elvis stole from black artists all day they don't care. This nikka been Pat Booning all their lingo for the longest. I knew that nikka was getting to comfortable when he did a guest spot and started callin @NV-ME Tone instead of TKO. I was like yep see that nikka thinks he one of them. I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I'm sure its all good.

Totally feel ya. Definitely saw this coming fo sho.

Repped for the Pat Boon reference. Real talk.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Totally feel ya. Definitely saw this coming fo sho.

Repped for the Pat Boon reference. Real talk.
I think Rod is a smart funny dude. He's just the epitome of these internet black nerds at this point. Fat black nerdy feminist, atheist, comic book reading, TV watching ass nikkas who only probably had sex with 2 or 3 women in their life times. With all due respect.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think Rod is a smart funny dude. He's just the epitome of these internet black nerds at this point. Fat black nerdy feminist, atheist, comic book reading, TV watching ass nikkas who only probably had sex with 2 or 3 women in their life times. With all due respect.

:dead:

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
I totally feel ya. And yall have a right to be mad about this shyt.

funny thing is, and I'm sure yall even know it to an extent, that this was going to happen eventually. mufukkaz shark like shyt on the internet. I see so many "dem" hashtags now that even as a listener to yall show, I'm like :patrice:

Is there anyway yall can even copyright yall shyt? Because at this point, it's necessary. And only those who have been down with you all from the jump know the truth.

I'm sure most would be upset too under the same circumstances. I know I fukkin would.

Like I said on the 'cast, if these were white nerds taking our lingo and "creating" content and hastags with it, there would be a fukkin uproar. In fact, we woulda nipped that shyt in the bud IMMEDIATELY. But, can't nobody fukk over black people like black people (because we never see it coming...guards all the way down). We figured "Nah, it's cool...people just like our shyt and sharing it." That's what I told myself in 2012 when this shyt first started happening. By 2014, I knew there was a PROBLEM. I told KB and Tone that our BRAND is being diluted right now. We decided as a TEAM to not address it, still buying into that racial loyalty bullshyt.

We made terrible decision to not address it years ago. Now we have to be fukkin a$$holes to remedy the situation, because being NICE about it on some "we all black" shyt has fukked us.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Like I said on the 'cast, if these were white nerds taking our lingo and "creating" content and hastags with it, there would be a fukkin uproar. In fact, we woulda nipped that shyt in the bud IMMEDIATELY. But, can't nobody fukk over black people like black people (because we never see it coming...guards all the way down). We figured "Nah, it's cool...people just like our shyt and sharing it." That's what I told myself in 2012 when this shyt first started happening. By 2014, I knew there was a PROBLEM. I told KB and Tone that our BRAND is being diluted right now. We decided as a TEAM to not address it, still buying into that racial loyalty bullshyt.

We made terrible decision to not address it years ago. Now we have to be fukkin a$$holes to remedy the situation, because being NICE about it on some "we all black" shyt has fukked us.

Yeah fam. Y'all gotta do what y'all gotta at this point. It's necessary to protect your brand.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'll say this...

This ain't only about Dem Thrones. It's about every fukkin "blerd" on black twitter using our lingo to create hashtags for their shytty shows. #DemDeadz #DatFlash #DemAgents. They don't listen to us. They don't know us. They don't CARE where they got it from. So, why the fukk are they using our shyt? Because PEOPLE take OUR shyt and use it on THEIR PODCASTS AND WEBSITES. AT LEAST Iggy Azealia put in her time in Miami and actually hung around with Trick and Ross before she blew up. You think if one of us lectured that "blerd" chick on the history of our lingo like Q-Tip did Iggy about hip-hop that shyt woulda went over well? No! Black feminist twitter woulda been up our asses tryna redirect the fukkin issue.

NO ONE should have ever taken our shyt and ran with it. No one. We would never and have never taken slang, bits, nicknames, whatever from other podcasters or websites and USED THEM IN OUR shyt. Because that's just a KNOWN line you don't cross. At least we thought. We played cool about it for YEARS, thinking that when the time came, we could be given credit. But, yet, here we are. And w'ere tired and frustrated, dogg. It's that simple.

As far as Business Insider is concerned, Fiyastarter didn't create shyt.

As far as Ava Duvernay is concerned, Fiyastarter didnt create shyt.

ANYTIME someone famous or some prominent media outlet has taken notice of OUR shyt, Fiyastarter isn't getting ANY credit.

So, bruh, don't tell us about who giving us credit.
:salute:

This infuriates me when I see it on black social media and certain pods. I feel bad for you guys because you guys were about one year before facebook. I really think your lives woulda been different had you started in 2005 or 2006 instead of 2003.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

but his most popular show is called #DemThrones" in which he's has celebrities call in on but maybe once or twice someone from HF has been on:martin:

Problem is now that it's pretty much too late. (to not use #demthrones and the "dem" language). That's a big problem that can't be fixed at this point.

I don't think Rod did it out of malice, but I do think he could've done a better job with the way it was handled. For example, something simple as making the recap of the show done through Fiyastarter with him guesting could have made all the difference in the world. But continuing to use the "dem" lingo took away from the originators. I don't know how you fix that. Again, I don't think you can.

Last edited:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Problem is now that it's pretty much too late. (to not use #demthrones). That's a big problem that can't be fixed at this point.

I don't think Rod did it out of malice, but I do think he could've done a better job with the way it was handled. For example, something simple as making the recap of the show done through Fiyastarter with him guesting could have made all the difference in the world. But continuing to use the "dem" lingo took away from the originators. I don't know how you fix that. Again, I don't think you can.
LOL thats like the Dunn language.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
That was the nice post :shaq:

:pacspit: that fat ymca legend :scust: 300lbs with a mean cross over :beli:

fukk u hoop that much and u still got fries stuck in your belly button :scust:

It never sit right with me how this fat fukk nikka use your lingo .

That shyt use to blow me cause rod sound like a mix of y'all and Dave Chappell .

The best thing that lard did was put me on to y'all .

I'm from the AREA so I didn't like a nikka from NC tryna sound like us :birdman:

Y'all still the best I wish combat jack would scoop y'all up :noah: y'all belong on loud speaker network :obama:

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
I always wondered how my favorite podcast doesn't even have sponsors .

The quality you guys provide us is second to none.

I'm a podcast whore and you guys are head and shoulders above the rest .

I appreciate that, bruh.

We've been approached by a couple of sponsors, but shyt just ain't work out.

Full disclosure, we could do a better job of promoting ourselves and we will.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
That was the nice post :shaq:

:pacspit: that fat ymca legend :scust: 300lbs with a mean cross over :beli:

fukk u hoop that much and u still got fries stuck in your belly button :scust:

It never sit right with me how this fat fukk nikka use your lingo .

That shyt use to blow me cause rod sound like a mix of y'all and Dave Chappell .

The best thing that lard did was put me on to y'all .

I'm from the AREA so I didn't like a nikka from NC tryna sound like us :birdman:

Y'all still the best I wish combat jack would scoop y'all up :noah: y'all belong on loud speaker network :obama:
Lol you always shytting on that dude

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I always wondered how my favorite podcast doesn't even have sponsors .

The quality you guys provide us is second to none.

I'm a podcast whore and you guys are head and shoulders above the rest .

Yup. I haven't put anything in the collection plate in a minute too. Lemme handle that