Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
I'll listen on my lunch today.

But I was one of the different dudes growing up around the Nas/Hov beef. I am a huge fan of both. I can't say that I appreciate one more than the other. I like Stillmatic just as much as I like Blueprint. I like American Gangster just as much as N*GG*R.

But yall do be going overboard with the stanning.

I remember the episode where yall were reviewing GKMC and somehow found a way to sneak in Life Is Good. I'm sitting there like :dahell: the entire time.

If you ask me, Life Is Good is one of his worst albums. I feel the same way about Holy Grail. Them shyts were junk.
prolly me, because that year, those two albums were the dominant hiphop albums...well, that and macklemore

pretty sure i threw skyzoo's a dream deferred in there to because i thought it was better than both...all three of those...ive got agendas to, but im fully capable of being sensible

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
On an older episode, did Ba say Cam going to be hanging the side lines with them Migos and TT Boy? Yep I think he meant Tittyboi / 2Chainz

@Basaglia Get you a cup of water, add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a slice of lemon. Knock that cold right out.

TKO there nothing wrong with being uncontrollable, just something you have to adapt to.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Totally disagree with TKO on the Zoe Saldana topic. She got some bad movies dawg. Let's not pretend Columbiana was any good. Neither was her role in Death at a Funeral, Guess Who, The Words? She a shyt actress. Then the fact she gotta get in damn near black face to accomplish the role is damn near offensive. I'm a big Nina fan. No way in hell I'm going to see this shyt

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Totally disagree with TKO on the Zoe Saldana topic. She got some bad movies dawg. Let's not pretend Columbiana was any good. Neither was her role in Death at a Funeral, Guess Who, The Words? She a shyt actress. Then the fact she gotta get in damn near black face to accomplish the role is damn near offensive. I'm a big Nina fan. No way in hell I'm going to see this shyt
i havent seen the other joints, but i liked columbiana. she pulled off the physical action character.

and like ba & i were just talkin about. where was the outrage for THIS

312917.jpg

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
i feel what you saying, but people trolling with the people they want to play instead of her.

Also Denzel played Malcolm X. Malcolm X was not brown skinned.

Its just Black Feminists losing their minds.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
i feel what you saying, but people trolling with the people they want to play instead of her.

Also Denzel played Malcolm X. Malcolm X was not brown skinned.

Its just Black Feminists losing their minds.

Those half dozen or so women STAY angry about SOMETHING. They will FIND something or someone to be mad at.

WHAT TAYLOR SWIFT SAY ABOUT KOOL-AID?!?!??!? SHE LIKE IT?!?!?! SHE USE A LOTTA SUGAR?!?!?! THAT IS OUR DRINK!!!!!

I KNOW MADONNA AIN'T TAKE HER BLACK SON TO KFC?!?!?!? SHE RACIST!!!!

IDRIS GAVE ROONEY MARA A KISS ON THE CHEEK WHEN HE GREETED HER BUT ONLY SHOOK CCH POUNDER'S HAND!!!!!! THERE HE GO, Y'ALL!!! THERE HE GO!!! I KNEW IT!!!!

WHY KELLY CLARKSON SINGING A SWV SONG?!?!?!?! SHE MESSING IT UP!!!!

and they be having a buncha folks, who are too scared to just ASK a question about their irrational thinking, following right behind them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Those half dozen or so women STAY angry about SOMETHING. They will FIND something or someone to be mad at.

WHAT TAYLOR SWIFT SAY ABOUT KOOL-AID?!?!??!? SHE LIKE IT?!?!?! SHE USE A LOTTA SUGAR?!?!?! THAT IS OUR DRINK!!!!!

IDRIS GAVE ROONEY MARA A KISS ON THE CHEEK WHEN HE GREETED HER BUT ONLY SHOOK CCH POUNDER'S HAND!!!!!! THERE HE GO, Y'ALL!!! THERE HE GO!!! I KNEW IT!!!!

and they be having a buncha folks, who are too scared to just ASK a question about their irrational thinking, following right behind them.
I sympathize with them completely because nikkas say some terrible things about women with no thought. I understand their concern completely.

But this Nina Simeone/Zoe Saldana thing does not sit well with me at all because it is highly irrational. They do not understand how movie making works.

Honestly, this is true for a lot of issues that people get mad about. Not just black feminists, oppressed persons, etc. The internet leads to a lot of this talk.

The_Phonz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
This. I've been falling back more and more for like the last 18 months on issues because I have to take a look at some stuff before I blindly fight a battle. And the worst part is that if you ask a question they look at you like you're stupid and will proceed to assume that you're against them.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i havent seen the other joints, but i liked columbiana. she pulled off the physical action character.

and like ba & i were just talkin about. where was the outrage for THIS

312917.jpg

Somebody gassed me up to go see that bullshyt when it came out, and he was getting rave reviews and all that. So I damn near died when the movie started and I realized he was just going to be shouting in a bad "African" accent for two hours with some darkened skin. After a while I was laughing out loud in the theater. My girlfriend just about lost it too. Thought we were going to get thrown out.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's hilarious.

The one thing about this situation that caught me off guard was when nina simone's estate or whomever controls that twitter account came out guns blazing.

Llcoolbay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
St Louis Rams!!!!!
That Nina move about to flop. At first I was like aint nothing wrong with this.

Then I saw the live trailer :huhldup:

They should have just went with Viola Davis or something. This movie about to flop bad.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
That Nina move about to flop. At first I was like aint nothing wrong with this.

Then I saw the live trailer :huhldup:

They should have just went with Viola Davis or something. This movie about to flop bad.

It's definitely going to flop.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

:laff:

I read this in Ba's voice too. I'm over here dying. :russ: :mjlol: :dead: