Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@Basaglia out here tryna rewrite history:russ:

You 100% tried to downplay KD going to Golden State and even used the rim protection argument. This was back before the season too.

And you picked the Cavs to win.

But @NV-ME nah. Lebron passed Kobe. He better than Kobe. I'm a way bigger Kobe fan than Lebron but Bron got him by a lot.

The rings make you better argument is stupid since most people don't adhere to it since Bill Russell has 11 and it's dismissed.

@KBadd, I think Kareem is the GOAT basketball player as well. The rings argument became a thing cuz of the Nike/Jordan propaganda. It's not a real thing.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
tumblr_l87aeaU8rr1qzp5buo1_400.jpg
cross out the last f, *replace w/ ve

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
They drafting Markelle Fultz, relax bro.

I am just a scared fan lol

I listen to the podcast all the way through. At least twice before the next one. Something I turn on and let it rock. Make the day go by faster.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
@Basaglia out here tryna rewrite history:russ:

You 100% tried to downplay KD going to Golden State and even used the rim protection argument. This was back before the season too.

And you picked the Cavs to win.

Yeah, I picked the Cavs to win 2 weeks ago and I believed it. KD and Steph were just monstrous. I was not expecting that at all. I knew they'd be good, but not 35/8/5 good...not 27/9/8 good. Bron put up a massive triple double. Ky nearly averaged 30 this time around and they still lost. That means other nikkas ain't show. That says to me Cavs gotta get younger and that bench I thought would show up gotta be overhauled. When Korver missed that butt naked ass corner 3 dagger in game 3, I said out loud "Well, he ain't no Ray Allen."...some nikkas just ain't built for them hot ass lights. Him and Deron sucked DIICK!

And If I used the rim protection argument (which I don't think I did), it was wrong. Not because they had a rim protector, because Bron and Ky was still gettin in there and scoring. But because it ain't even matter. Them bammas straight outscored the Cavs. Cavs need two "plus" perimeter defendesr. And one of them gotta be a 20+ppg scorer. Paul George is the answer.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah, I picked the Cavs to win 2 weeks ago and I believed it. KD and Steph were just monstrous. I was not expecting that at all. I knew they'd be good, but not 35/8/5 good...not 27/9/8 good. Bron put up a massive triple double. Ky nearly averaged 30 this time around and they still lost. That means other nikkas ain't show. That says to me Cavs gotta get younger and that bench I thought would show up gotta be overhauled. When Korver missed that butt naked ass corner 3 dagger in game 3, I said out loud "Well, he ain't no Ray Allen."...some nikkas just ain't built for them hot ass lights. Him and Deron sucked DIICK!

And If I used the rim protection argument (which I don't think I did), it was wrong. Not because they had a rim protector, because Bron and Ky was still gettin in there and scoring. But because it ain't even matter. Them bammas straight outscored the Cavs. Cavs need two "plus" perimeter defendesr. And one of them gotta be a 20+ppg scorer. Paul George is the answer.
The problem with the Paul George thing is I dont think he wants to be a spot up shooter, which Lebron would turn him into. Kevin Love was not a spot up shooter in Minnesota, but thats the role he had to play with Lebron. I dont think Kevin Love is a super duper star either, but he a lot better than he looks in Cleveland. he also had a good finals outside of game 5 and was doing great on Draymond. Also, I am not convinced thats enough fire power to contend with what the Warriors do and the Cavs just do not have good defenders.

Lebron picked this team because he wanted shooters around him because of how ball dominant he is. You guys were right that he is an absolute basketball genius, but that genius comes with the fact that you can't play that way against great defenses like the Warriors. You cant have one guy keeping the ball and expect to beat the Warriors.

If anyone wants to beat the Warriors, Anthony Davis, Towns, or an Embiid (if healthy) are the only answers. You need a mobile big man that can stay in front of Steph or KD on switches on defense and can run the court and you need shooters around him. The Cavs do not have anything to offer up that would get one of those guys, so its not happening imo.

Also, Curry has had a higher peak than Zeke and is the most impactful offensive player in the NBA.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
The problem with the Paul George thing is I dont think he wants to be a spot up shooter, which Lebron would turn him into. Kevin Love was not a spot up shooter in Minnesota, but thats the role he had to play with Lebron. I dont think Kevin Love is a super duper star either, but he a lot better than he looks in Cleveland. he also had a good finals outside of game 5 and was doing great on Draymond. Also, I am not convinced thats enough fire power to contend with what the Warriors do and the Cavs just do not have good defenders.

Lebron picked this team because he wanted shooters around him because of how ball dominant he is. You guys were right that he is an absolute basketball genius, but that genius comes with the fact that you can't play that way against great defenses like the Warriors. You cant have one guy keeping the ball and expect to beat the Warriors.

If anyone wants to beat the Warriors, Anthony Davis, Towns, or an Embiid (if healthy) are the only answers. You need a mobile big man that can stay in front of Steph or KD on switches on defense and can run the court and you need shooters around him. The Cavs do not have anything to offer up that would get one of those guys, so its not happening imo.

Also, Curry has had a higher peak than Zeke and is the most impactful offensive player in the NBA.

1. Love and PG's games are completely different. Love's below the rim post game was not wanted nor needed by the Cavs. Draymond can defend that. He not backing nobody down and punishing them. Paul George is an explosive perimeter scorer and there's no way in hell Bron is going to neuter another scorer. He's never even had the chance to play with TWO 20+ppg perimeter guys, but I have a feeling he'd like hitting PG with oops and bounce passes on cuts to the bucket. You have PG and Kyrie on the floor when Bron goes to the bench to hold leads and/or not let shyt get out of hand. More importantly, PG is a versatile defender.

2. Nothing bout the Cavs offense is a concern to me. They can score. They need more defenders. This series turned in Game 3, during that meltdown. They couldn't get a stop.

3. Davis, Towns and Joel can't even win shyt where they are. LMAO. Please. If you meant athletic big, just say that. They can actually afford a generic young athletic big.

4. Isiah Thomas retired in 1994. He's a first ballot HOFer. I don't go into hysterics at the thought of a younger guy surpassing what he did. That's what's supposed to happen. I'm not a Jordan or Kobe or AI fan. I'm not a some angry internet sentinel protecting the man's legacy. He retired, dogg.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
1. Love and PG's games are completely different. Love's below the rim post game was not wanted nor needed by the Cavs. Draymond can defend that. He not backing nobody down and punishing them. Paul George is an explosive perimeter scorer and there's no way in hell Bron is going to neuter another scorer. He's never even had the chance to play with TWO 20+ppg perimeter guys, but I have a feeling he'd like hitting PG with oops and bounce passes on cuts to the bucket. You have PG and Kyrie on the floor when Bron goes to the bench to hold leads and/or not let shyt get out of hand. More importantly, PG is a versatile defender.

2. Nothing bout the Cavs offense is a concern to me. They can score. They need more defenders. This series turned in Game 3, during that meltdown. They couldn't get a stop.

3. Davis, Towns and Joel can't even win shyt where they are. LMAO. Please. If you meant athletic big, just say that. They can actually afford a generic young athletic big.

4. Isiah Thomas retired in 1994. He's a first ballot HOFer. I don't go into hysterics at the thought of a younger guy surpassing what he did. That's what's supposed to happen. I'm not a Jordan or Kobe or AI fan. I'm not a some angry internet sentinel protecting the man's legacy. He retired, dogg.
1. I know they different players. I didn't comment on their style of play but more about what Lebron does to players. How they would fit on his team. Kevin Love was an explosive scorer in Minnesota. Chris Bosh was and explosive scorer before and after Lebron. Even Wade had to fall back with Lebron. It would be one thing if it was just Lebron, but Kyrie is there too. Lebro turns these guys into spot up shooters because he needs the driving lanes. Kevin Love was a killer in the high post before he got to Cleveland but he was rarely utilized there.

2. The Cavs can get buckets, totally... when Lebron is on the court. It changes dramatically when he off because everything goes through him. That's what I'm getting at. It's why people kill Kyrie for them going 4-20 over his career without Lebron. It's why their offensive rating falls below 100 without Lebron. People not used to playing without him because it's the Lebron system. But Golden State were able to stymie it the last 3 years. This year's Cavs team had the best offense in playoff history going into the finals and the Warriors showed them down.

3. They would win shyt with Lebron versus the Warriors. My point was that type of big man, surrounded by shooters and an elite wing would give the Warriors problems because you cant run that player off the court. And who is this generic young athlete big you talking about? They don't grow on trees, and that big would have to be a big time threat on the offensive end as well. If the Cavs, or anyone, had them they would have played them versus the Warriors:

4. The Isaiah point was what @KBadd said. I know you didn't say it.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I always thought the ring stuff started when MJ himself said he wanted to win more than Magic. Then everyone started to use it when being compared to MJ. It never really comes into play when comparing other players with each other. The rings seems the be the front gate to get into a MJ comparison...

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/03/oral-history-96-bulls
Ron Harper: We were in the locker room after celebrating, and I told Michael, “Hey, that’s my first championship. I’m done.” He said, “You’re done? Nah, this is my fourth championship ring. We have to win two more. I need to have one more ring than Magic.”