First official look at Pennywise The Dancing Clown from movie "IT"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo so all the Stephen King monsters are tied together and from the same dimension....I never knew.

Art Barr

If you read about how many characters and places and monsters tie into "The Dark Tower"....out of King's entire career of writing....it will make your head hurt breh. Stephen King is nuts.

Fred.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If you read about how many characters and places and monsters tie into "The Dark Tower"....out of King's entire career of writing....it will make your head hurt breh. Stephen King is nuts.

Fred.

What is dark tower?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What is dark tower?

A long ass series of books Stephen King wrote from 1982 to 2012:

The Dark Tower (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the story, Roland Deschain is the last living member of a knightly order known as gunslingers and the last of the line of "Arthur Eld", his world's analogue of King Arthur. Politically organized along the lines of a feudal society, it shares technological and social characteristics with the American Old West but is also magical. Many of the magical aspects have vanished from Mid-World, but traces remain as do relics from a technologically advanced society. Roland's quest is to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be the nexus of all universes. Roland's world is said to have "moved on", and it appears to be coming apart at the seams. Mighty nations have been torn apart by war, entire cities and regions vanish without a trace and time does not flow in an orderly fashion. Sometimes, even the sun rises in the north and sets in the east. As the series opens, Roland's motives, goals and age are unclear, though later installments shed light on these mysteries.

It ties together 90% of his other stories, either directly or indirectly. Like @Prodigal Syndicate said, the monsters from "The Mist" are from a dimension in "The Dark Tower". So is Pennywise from "IT". And the main villain from "The Stand", Randall Flagg, is a major character in "The Dark Tower". Also the priest from "Salem's Lot" is in "The Dark Tower"....too much stuff to mention, really.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I use to always see The Dark Tower series in my local comic book store. If I was to get in to the series would it be best to get the novel or trade backs?

Trade paperbacks if you're pressed for time. One of my boys is actually reading it. The novels are 8 books with 200-800 pages each. It's no joke to read.

Fred.

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Trade paperbacks if you're pressed for time. One of my boys is actually reading it. The novels are 8 books with 200-800 pages each. It's no joke to read.

Fred.
200-800 pages. Yeah I already have a back log on novels.I just knocked out King's novella Skeleton Key early this year too. I was just interested in some of his other works. Trade back it is.

Dyse

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty meh right now. I'll need to wait for the trailer. It was scary through it's simplicity (in the first half) but I can't help but feel they're going to try to do too much with it. We'll see

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
200-800 pages. Yeah I already have a back log on novels.I just knocked out King's novella Skeleton Key early this year too. I was just interested in some of his other works. Trade back it is.

You ever read King's short story collections "Night Shift" and "Skeleton Crew"? Both are great.

Fred.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
A long ass series of books Stephen King wrote from 1982 to 2012:

The Dark Tower (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It ties together 90% of his other stories, either directly or indirectly. Like @Prodigal Syndicate said, the monsters from "The Mist" are from a dimension in "The Dark Tower". So is Pennywise from "IT". And the main villain from "The Stand", Randall Flagg, is a major character in "The Dark Tower". Also the priest from "Salem's Lot" is in "The Dark Tower"....too much stuff to mention, really.

Fred.

I don't know much about king but that is interesting and kinda dope.
King wrote a whole universe that ties into one another.
shyt he should get some more movies to illustrate all that.
Now, king is abit more interesting but his books are long as fukk.
So I never tackled any of them.
Plus people said his shyt reads like Anne rice's queen of the damned pr the mummy and witch stories.
Where I hate those books from Anne rice.
Although, the more I read from you telling me about this,...
It seems like it could be as good as memnoch the devil.
Which is my favorite Anne rice book and may be my favorite scary spooky mind fukk character book.
Well Anne rice is the only spooky shyt, I have ever felt compelled to read.

Art Barr

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I don't know much about king but that is interesting and kinda dope.
King wrote a whole universe that ties into one another.
shyt he should get some more movies to illustrate all that.
Now, king is abit more interesting but his books are long as fukk.
So I never tackled any of them.
Plus people said his shyt reads like Anne rice's queen of the damned pr the mummy and witch stories.
Where I hate those books from Anne rice.
Although, the more I read from you telling me about this,...
It seems like it could be as good as memnoch the devil.
Which is my favorite Anne rice book and may be my favorite scary spooky mind fukk character book.
Well Anne rice is the only spooky shyt, I have ever felt compelled to read.

Art Barr

His early work is great. He even shows flashes of brilliance now, 30 years later. The problem with his writing is it's not very flashy, so high brow critics always kinda frowned on him. And in the 80's he was almost immediately eclipsed by Clive Barker, who wrote the same kind of material, but far better. Clive Barker did the stories that "Hellraiser", "Candyman", "Nightbreed" and "The Lord Of Illusions" movies are based on.

If you're pressed for time and want to sample a few King stories grab "Skeleton Crew" and "Night Shift". Both are full of short stories so time-wise they're not much of a hassle. Likewise for Clive Barker, pick up "The Books Of Blood" which has 6 volumes, all short stories. Barker in particular is on some other shyt in those stories.

Fred.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Me and a bruh at work was talking about who would win in a fight between "it" and galactus. Of course galactus would just eat "it" shyt even thanos would easily destroy "it"

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My wish is for them to do The Stand the right way. The book is so damn good I try to read it at least 2x a year.

In other Stephen King Dark Tower news it looks like Susannah and Eddie won't be in the movie which already has me apprehensive since they are so vital to the story. The whole airplane scene with Eddie/Roland in The Drawing of The Three and the Balazar scene was :ohhh:. I have a feeling they are gonna do the same thing with Jake. No way they gonna do that to a kid on screen.
The Two Dark Tower Characters Who Won't Appear In The Upcoming Movie - CINEMABLEND