First official look at Pennywise The Dancing Clown from movie "IT"

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
It looks about as good as a single publicity image for a magazine can.

The original isn't sacred by any means. Plenty things you can critique it on. One thing I will say however, it *is* in fact scary.

I really like the story though. The idea of splitting it between kids and adults. Pennywise being this creature that sucked a town dry over decades. Really cool. I hope they can pull it off.

i wonder will they tie the movie in with the darktower film. For those that dont know pennywise or "IT" species is from the mid world dimension which is the setting of the dark tower series. Psychic vampires that feed off emotions for food

If they tie Roland in this I'll lose it but damn near all of King's books can be connected to the Dark Tower. Always wondered if the lobstrosities were from the same dimension as the other poisonous bugs/monsters in The Mist. Pennywise's true form even looks like one of them.

A Stephen King cinematic universe....:ehh::ohhh::wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It looks about as good as a single publicity image for a magazine can.

The original isn't sacred by any means. Plenty things you can critique it on. One thing I will say however, it *is* in fact scary.

I really like the story though. The idea of splitting it between kids and adults. Pennywise being this creature that sucked a town dry over decades. Really cool. I hope they can pull it off.

A Stephen King cinematic universe....:ehh::ohhh::wow:

Where does Maximum Overdrive fit in:lupe:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Sheeiit, I'm trying to figure out where Sleepwalkers fits in.

:skip:

This song though....:wow:

Don't know if yall remember but the ability for the Sleepwalkers to make themselves invisible to others is used by Roland. They call it making themselves "dim"or hiding your presence. A skill that Roland was trained in when becoming a gunslinger.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
shyt wasnt scary... It was weird af

But i didnt know anything about Stephen Kings cinematic universe. Link?

Naw we were just fukking around breh, there probably won't be a SK cinematic universe....although it might be ill if they did.

My guess is that the rights to all his works are owned by so many different companies that it would be impossible for it to ever happen.

Don't know if yall remember but the ability for the Sleepwalkers to make themselves invisible to others is used by Roland. They call it making themselves "dim"or hiding your presence. A skill that Roland was trained in when becoming a gunslinger.

:whoo:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i don't know brehs, i think twisty (and the demon from "the clown") officially jumped into #1 & 2 for scariest looking clowns...they need to make him more demonic/creepy

tumblr_ne4838UGAE1tltaqwo1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

clown4-1.jpg

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i don't know brehs, i think twisty (and the demon from "the clown") officially jumped into #1 & 2 for scariest looking clowns...they need to make him more demonic/creepy

tumblr_ne4838UGAE1tltaqwo1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

clown4-1.jpg

These are good designs but the thing that makes Pennywise work is that he's so minimalist in design. He basically looks like a generic clown (With his mouth closed at least) but there is something just beneath the surface that is incredibly sinister. Remember, Pennywise is actually trying to attract naive children to his lair. Being subtle is actually more scary for him.

People would have (rightfully) thrown a fit if Pennywise was too deranged looking. That would have instantly drawn critiques that this "isn't going to be like the old ones" and that it's "Hollywood lacking subtlety again". As with most remakes, they will eventually show things that will be a cause of concern for fans of the old ones, but I think that they've pretty much nailed the look of his face. The performance is where it really matters of course.

Great sample....:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I need to look into who is directing this shyt.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
These are good designs but the thing that makes Pennywise work is that he's so minimalist in design. He basically looks like a generic clown (With his mouth closed at least) but there is something just beneath the surface that is incredibly sinister. Remember, Pennywise is actually trying to attract naive children to his lair. Being subtle is actually more scary for him.

People would have (rightfully) thrown a fit if Pennywise was too deranged looking. That would have instantly drawn critiques that this "isn't going to be like the old ones" and that it's "Hollywood lacking subtlety again". As with most remakes, they will eventually show things that will be a cause of concern for fans of the old ones, but I think that they've pretty much nailed the look of his face. The performance is where it really matters of course.

Great sample....:wow:
I agree with most of this except for the fact that it's 20+ years later, what is menacing has transformed quite a bit, I think a darker penny wise would be accepted/possibly a good look. Kids have seen clowns like those above at this point, subtly doesn't really have to be there to make it believable.