First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$75m goes to signing athletes.
$25m goes to financing the product
$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.
$25m pays for the distribution.factories,workers and misc
$150m(stash,backup,cash on hand)

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.

What has Lavar done that warrants an investor putting capital into his company?

Just the other fukking day we had an article where he didnt want to disclose his financials.......would you put your money into that?

And those numbers you posted are hand waving figures that you likely didnt put much effort into really considering how feasible they are...but in the real world you need more concrete information and rigorous details to survive.....

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.
This has nothing to do with "hating." Lavar doesn't have any experience running a business on this level and he's pissed off many people with his brass, impulsive, and off-the cuff comments. Maybe if he were introducing some kind of new technology or something you'd have a point, however that's not what's going on. He's going to have to ride this out on his own, showing some semblance of success before he can get any major athletes or entertainers to buy in. You're asking people to invest in "shock value." This isn't how brands are built. A majority of the market has already been written off the minute Lavar said he could beat Michael Jordan one on one and that the reason UCLA ain't advance is because they had a bunch of unathletic white boys. The BBB brand is forever tainted with Lavar Ball's reputation.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Using the same material as the kobes to make a similar shoe without the swoosh, probably paying the same factory and its workers a few bucks more than Nike. Pretty smart :patrice:
(sidenote: these same factory workers actually get paid more to make the knock offs than the "real" even though it's the same shyt. )

If those shyts were gucci or some other cac brand for the same price, nikkaz wouldn't have an issue with it or promoting it in their music though. :mjpls:
Are you insecure with bold? Cats promote black expensive stuff too but y'all stay on the hating stuff. It just seems to be drinks but it's more than white brands it's what they represent but switch the narrative for daps. I guess we see rappers repping 500 dollar regular Nike sneaks now? Smh

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The price point is ridiculous, but he probably has a high overhead since it's just starting. The shoes without the pricetag aren't that bad. I've seen worse. I'd hate to see a $400 shoe succeed because all the major brands will follow suit. I already think basketball shoe prices are over the top.
You must not be keeping up with sneakers my man prices are dropping for them. Unless they are so Yeezy type sneaks with hype you can wait to cope them on sale for damn near every sneaker out except a few J's, foams, and ultra boost. Everything else hitting the sale racks

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Are you insecure with bold? Cats promote black expensive stuff too but y'all stay on the hating stuff. It just seems to be drinks but it's more than white brands it's what they represent but switch the narrative for daps. I guess we see rappers repping 500 dollar regular Nike sneaks now? Smh

Sounds mad cac'ish

:patrice:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
lavar bout to take over the world.

first shoes, next cars.

when that big baller brand LZO 550 drop :whew:

DwMOJGi.jpg

calh45

Cal
Daps

Or instead of telling all them other folks what to do with their money you could stop typing and go buy a pair since you believe in his cause so much.

Rawster

Relax Baby
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
La Perla
The ZO2 are a worldwide trending story, yet it's not even available until one month into the NBA season. That is genius marketing, he's on every major sports and sneaker outlet without a penny spent on mainstream media advertising yet!

You guys really think all of the sneakers will be this price? Of course not. There is a reason they won't be available until November. Remember Gucci has shoes from the $395 price range up all the way up to $2k. This is the attention grabber and when the season rolls around the affordable pairs and alternate color ways will roll out and people will cop.

This accomplished four major goals one month before the draft...

A. Now the world knows that the BBB sneakers are on par with every other brand design wise. Lonzo's first shoe is a better looking shoe than the signature shoes of 2 time reigning NBA MVP Steph Curry. In the other threads you guys didn't even think that was possible (Oh he needs to hire designers, logo is trash, he doesn't have the manufacturing connects of Nike, Adidas etc)

B. The other players on the coming into the draft this year now know it's possible to get a dope signature shoe from BBB. I would not be surprised if Lavar has another lottery pick signed before the start of the next season.

C. Lavar just showed that he didnt need the major shoe companies and before Lonzo has even been drafted he has his own signature shoes. Basketball players are amongst the most competitive people in the world, do not think for one second Josh Jackson and Markelle Fultz aren't sitting at home thinking "I want my own shoe too." That will at minimum change how players negotiate their shoes deals from now on, because no one will want to wait 5 years to get their own signature shoe when someone in their draft class comes into the league with their own shoe.

D. He immediately separated BBB from Li-Ning, Starbury's, Shaq's, Olajuwons or the like, hence avoiding the cheap stigma that will keeps many from wanting to rock a new basketball brand. By setting the price point at $500 for the flagship shoe, it's being rolled out as an exclusive brand. While the cost is too high for a basketball shoe (well at least to me personally), when we see anyone wearing them we will automatically assume they "got money to blow" so to speak. And in the era of social media everyone wants to appear like they got it and are living a baller lifestyle. Do not underestimate the power of subliminal manipulation on the masses. If he can get a buyer at Saks / Neiman's etc to bite who's to say the next generation of ZO2 won't encroach on the Raf Simons / Rick Owens lane? Does anyone know what these guys look like? The entire world will know what Lonzo looks like if the Lakers draft him. He doesn't need to replace any brand, just get a small % of the pie and the shoe game is changed forever.

Are you guys really telling me Adidas can sell these for $500 and BBB doesn't have a shot?
11192027ib_14_f.jpg

11229952uw_14_f.jpg

Let this man cook.

:bronknight:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
You must not be keeping up with sneakers my man prices are dropping for them. Unless they are so Yeezy type sneaks with hype you can wait to cope them on sale for damn near every sneaker out except a few J's, foams, and ultra boost. Everything else hitting the sale racks
Nah, I dont follow them at all. I get my athletic shoes from the Nike Outlet.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Nice looking shoe. Price way to much. For 500, shyt better be made from dragon skin, stitched by 5 naked virgins from the Song dynasty