First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$75m goes to signing athletes.
$25m goes to financing the product
$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.
$25m pays for the distribution.factories,workers and misc
$150m(stash,backup,cash on hand)

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.
This has nothing to do with black people being haters. It looks like he's trying to bulldoze his way into an industry which is already scary to an investor. Then 100 millionaires giving millions of dollars to a guy that (as far as I know) doesnt have much business experience is crazy. And there's no way 100 different investors are all going to be able to run the company. It's just a bad idea.

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I wonder if Ye could get away with selling the 350 at $500? So many people cop at $1000+ you'd think there'd be a market, but half the allure is that they're attainable at $220 if you're a little lucky. That's what draws people in, at $500 these are an afterthought plus athletic footwear isn't popping right now.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Having followed this from the beginning, they expressed clear intentions to price people out of buying the shoe to appeal to exclusivity.

Nike has no intention of doing this.
I understand that now, but that was never my point. If Reebok came out with a $400 shoe and it became successful, Nike would follow suit.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Lavar Ball is basically writing checks with his sons future earnings.

Distribution
Overhead costs
Marketing and Promotion.
Lawyers, accountants...

ALL of that shyt costs money. Those shoes are probably priced that way because they don't have a big enough supply chain to distribute $150 dollar sneakers.

Lonzo gonna end up broke fukking around with his dad.

And no homo, but Lonzo is goofy looking awkward ass looking nikka so how marketable is he :mjpls: pause.

Oh and one more caveat. Nike, Adidas and the other major brands can EASILY freeze him out of the top clothing manufactures in China/Korea etc. Which then brings the question of QUALITY craftsmanship and materials.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Of course he'd rep this. He was selling mixtapes for $1000 and for him it worked. But Nipsey also had his shyt on Dat Piff for free. I'm not expecting a free pair of Lonzos at my desk tomorrow.
unlike you self hating fakkits and racist cacs, Nipsey is all about black entrepreneurship and ownership.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Using the same material as the kobes to make a similar shoe without the swoosh, probably paying the same factory and its workers a few bucks more than Nike. Pretty smart :patrice:
(sidenote: these same factory workers actually get paid more to make the knock offs than the "real" even though it's the same shyt. )

If those shyts were gucci or some other cac brand for the same price, nikkaz wouldn't have an issue with it or promoting it in their music though. :mjpls:

Chess not checkers :patrice:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$75m goes to signing athletes.
$25m goes to financing the product
$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.
$25m pays for the distribution.factories,workers and misc
$150m(stash,backup,cash on hand)

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.
Stop this stupid stereotype that blacks are haters clown nikka.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
unlike you self hating fakkits and racist cacs, Nipsey is all about black entrepreneurship and ownership.

We know. Nipsey was respected for what he did. What Lavar is doing isn't that. People respected Nipsey because he valued his music for more than what we normally pay, BUT, for $100 and then $1000 you got a bundle of stuff in addition to the music and he gave options for his fans, including a free download (the music was really good too). $500 basketball sneakers from a guy who is very full of himself doesn't accomplish anything for me the consumer.