First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Adidas already did this for the limited edition first run of Yeezy's

Nike's price didn't move.
But Yeezy is a luxury shoe. So imo it's different. Either way, it was just a comment based on a $500.00 basketball shoe being successful. If any company could show a viable strategy to sell a $500 basketb all shoe, Nike will follow suit.

Mars

Superstar
Daps

The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$75m goes to signing athletes.
$25m goes to financing the product
$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.
$25m pays for the distribution.factories,workers and misc
$150m(stash,backup,cash on hand)

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
But Yeezy is a luxury shoe. So imo it's different. Either way, it was just a comment based on a $500.00 basketball shoe being successful. If any company could show a viable strategy to sell a $500 basketb all shoe, Nike will follow suit.

This is being marketed as a luxury shoe is it not?

Would you not agree that when the company founder is asked about price points and he says "If you can't afford it you're not a big baller" it would signify that the products intend to be classified as a luxury item?

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

I don't know what you and the other breh were discussing but $500 isn't a mass market price and thus Nike would not price a signature shoe that high. If you're talking about some special edition one-off etc that's really not relevant.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Every one of you clowns that was caping for Lavar should really realize how BAD ya'll are right now, riding for a dude tryna sell you High school basketball referee sneakers for $500 :dead:

Typical nikka.

If this was a Jew, you wouldn't see Jews talking this shyt. If he was Asian, you wouldn't see Asians shyt on him...but nikkas? Boy I tell ya boy.:francis:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The big difference is,Shag already generated 400-500 million dollars in income before he introduced his sneakers.

Instead of some of these athletes clowning "BBB",why don't they pull their resources together and invest in "BBB".If Ball had financial backing he wouldn't have to charge $500 for a pair of sneakers.100 black athletes/entertainers could easily invest 3 million dollars each.

$3m X 100 = $300 million...Ball could give them 45% ownership....Open up two sneaker factories.One in Detroit and one in Mississippi.

$75m goes to signing athletes.
$25m goes to financing the product
$25m goes to advertising,Plus you have the social media of the 100 black investors.
$25m pays for the distribution.factories,workers and misc
$150m(stash,backup,cash on hand)

But this will never happen.Because most black people are haters,and will do what massa tells them to do.
There was this documentary on Hip Hop and Fashion on Netflix
Cant remember the name of that shyt that went into all that
shyts deep
The layers to this white supremacy shyt is endless!

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
This is being marketed as a luxury shoe is it not?

Would you not agree that when the company founder is asked about price points and he says "If you can't afford it you're not a big baller" it would signify that the products intend to be classified as a luxury item?
I dont know. I haven't kept up with it. I looked at the shoe and the price. Thst's as far as I took it.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I don't know what you and the other breh were discussing but $500 isn't a mass market price and thus Nike would not price a signature shoe that high. If you're talking about some special edition one-off etc that's really not relevant.
I was just saying if a $400 basketball shoe became successful, Nike would follow suit.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dont know. I haven't kept up with it. I looked at the shoe and the price. Thst's as far as I took it.

Having followed this from the beginning, they expressed clear intentions to price people out of buying the shoe to appeal to exclusivity.

Nike has no intention of doing this.