First impressions of "The Wire"

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh where you stand on Breaking Bad vs. The Wire now?
The Wire because of its more realistic. Breaking Bad had to many :aicmon: moments.

Walt went from a Chemistry teacher to Macgyver by the end of the series with robot guns, home made bombs and shiit. Plus Walt woulda been got killed for all the dumb ass decisions he was making. He didn't have any muscle but he was taking out ESTABLISHED drug crews? Really? :aicmon:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
The Wire because of its more realistic. Breaking Bad had to many :aicmon: moments.

Walt went from a Chemistry teacher to Macgyver by the end of the series with robot guns, home made bombs and shiit. Plus Walt woulda been got killed for all the dumb ass decisions he was making. He didn't have any muscle but he was taking out ESTABLISHED drug crews? Really? :aicmon:
reading this makes me laugh at how much i liked that show..its still in my top 3, but thats def some unrealistic shyt....even him all sick in the cabin and all of a sudden disappearing off the cops' trail is major duck tales

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Wire Season 5 is the only season that doesn't hold up all that well. My second favorite "prestige drama" of all time.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I tried watching this last week and it bored me so I turned it off

I'm gonna try to go back and watch it again.. Shyt is just slow and dragging

Breaking Bad to me grabbed my attention much earlier but so many people like this series that I'm gonna force myself to sit through it til it gets interesting

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breaking Bad to me grabbed my attention much earlier but so many people like this series that I'm gonna force myself to sit through it til it gets interesting
How far did you get? I fell asleep on the first episode, but I eventually went back and was hooked after watching a couple more.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
This is one of those shows where you have to actually pay attention to what's going on to get it. They aren't going to hit you in the face or revisit some shyt through flashbacks or something to "tell you" what's going on. One of the greatest examples of this is early in the first season when D is telling Poot and the youngins bout some chick he shot for his uncle. Dude tells damn near the whole story to a T with him being the gunman. Later on in the episode Landman (Bunk and McNulty's "boss") tells them to recanvase a crime scene, they read the original crime scene report out loud and then it goes to another scene. Almost towards the end of the episode they end up at the crime scene and rework it but their dialog is simply "fukk"...it's the only word that they say for the entire scene...but if you paid attention to D's story, what they read in the prior report that Landsman gave them and their actions while saying fukk you get the entire story. Greatest shyt to ever be shown on television. The Wire is top five when it comes to story telling alone and that includes movies television shows, books...your grandparents. ..I don't give a fukk. Top five of all time

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Whatever you do, make sure you skip season 2 :troll:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Whatever you do, make sure you skip season 2 :troll:

33m8mls.jpg

I know you're trolling but it just fit perfectly but
30w84lj.jpg
to anyone who shyt on Season 2

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reading this makes me laugh at how much i liked that show..its still in my top 3, but thats def some unrealistic shyt....even him all sick in the cabin and all of a sudden disappearing off the cops' trail is major duck tales

Right...in real life dude wouldn't made it past the two Mexican's that he killed in the 1st episode. In the real world he probably woulda been sellin them a pound here and there until his dumb ass got caught by his wife. :aicmon:

That was another thing. This niigga was supposed to be so smart but couldn't manage keeping a second cell phone form his wife? :what:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga

Breaking Bad took like 3 or 4 episodes to really rope me in... with The Wire i was into it by the 2nd or 3rd...The Wire is a good kind of slow build...unlike other shows where nothing happens