First impressions of "The Wire"

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I just finished watching episode 6 of "The Wire" named "The Wire" and I though that since ya'll are so big on this show that I would tell you what I think of the first episode.

So I can see why you all like the show so much, in my opinion in drags a little but what I do like about it outweighs that little problem.

My favorite characters in the show have to be Mcnulty, D'angelo(Though the more I see of him the less I like
him) that little nikka Wallace (He need's to get up out the hood, he's got so much potential :to:) and Bubbles (Though I hope he stops with that crime shyt. Though he was gonna make an honest living, even though that wouldn't be realistic)

The characters that piss me of the most so far are those to little punk as cops. That white one and the nikka, plus that little weasely ass cac who punched the kid I want em :dead: now.

Another thing about the show is how it goes into the lives of the drug dealers and humanizes them. Though I do think that those scenes with D, Wallace, and Bodie where they talk about Thuglosophy get a little to heavy-handed sometimes and take me out of the story.

The show hooked me pretty quick though, the cold opening of the first episode made me realize that this was gonna be something special, that line "Got to. It's America, man." had me rolling :laff: (Even though I do understand what it meant).

All in all I really do enjoy the show and can't wait to watch episode 7 and :eat:. So what I wanted to know is should i keep giving my impressions as I go along in the series or is this just lame as fukk.

PS: WTF is up with this nikka Omar, he has me :damn: :lawd::ohhh: :what: and :gladbron:whenever he shows up.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Keep your impressions coming. I will say that the biggest value of the Wire is rewatching the series. The experience is quite eye opening:whoo:. After you get a handle on all of the characters and a general idea for whats going on, you see & notice so much more in the rewatch, almost like you watching the shyt for the 1st time.

If you don't plan to rewatch, I recommend turning on the captions. So much dialog goes on in the background that will have you like :ohhh: or :laff:. So much slick shyt and attention to detail.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Keep your impressions coming. I will say that the biggest value of the Wire is rewatching the series. The experience is quite eye opening:whoo:. After you get a handle on all of the characters and a general idea for whats going on, you see & notice so much more in the rewatch, almost like you watching the shyt for the 1st time.

If you don't plan to rewatch, I recommend turning on the captions. So much dialog goes on in the background that will have you like :ohhh: or :laff:. So much slick shyt and attention to detail.
Wait so, in the background the people have discussions that are actually pertinent to the plot?:dwillhuh:

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps

I always tell people who watch The Wire for the first time to rewatch the s01e01 court scene after they finished season 1.

It gives you an idea of what it's like to rewatch the show, like "Oh, so that was Wee-Bey and Stinkum intimidating the witness :ohhh:" or the "Nicely done" quote that's repeated in the last season 1 episode.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I always tell people who watch The Wire for the first time to rewatch the s01e01 court scene after they finished season 1.

It gives you an idea of what it's like to rewatch the show, like "Oh, so that was Wee-Bey and Stinkum intimidating the witness :ohhh:" or the "Nicely done" quote that's repeated in the last season 1 episode.

Yeah, it's actually impossible to fully grasp everything and it's significance without a rewatch.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
So should I make an individual thread for each episode or make a single thread for each and every one?

yo moms

drunk
Daps
So first this nikka steals my thread about skylar white. Then he tries to steal my threads on the wire? :snoop:

Get off my dikk you homo