First date tips?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
His Tinder bio is almost "I'm a strong, independent nerd/square, if you can't handle that, on to next one."
I can't help but wonder if he can pull one night stands. He said he masturbates a lot too. :yeshrug:
I avoid vague Tinder bios and frat boys because it's obvious they're only there for one thing, but truthfully there are a lot of loners like me who just want to meet new people. I've talked to about 30 other people after him, but the conversation usually dies.
Conversation dies cause they tryna get some but all they got was a conversation..

Luna

All Star
Daps
Conversation dies cause they tryna get some but all they got was a conversation..
It dies cause they're boring and I stop replying.
But how are socially awkward dudes with zero game so confident in their ability to score one night stands? I'm not saying it's impossible, in fact I have no clue, but the internet always tells us otherwise, no?
:dahell:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
It dies cause they're boring and I stop replying.
But how are socially awkward dudes with zero game so confident in their ability to score one night stands? I'm not saying it's impossible, in fact I have no clue, but the internet always tells us otherwise, no?
:dahell:
I don't know. It's tinder. It's not difficult for people who are socially awkward and have anxiety to create persona or be someone who they aren't in real life online. From your standpoint things between you and that dude were going good, but for some reason he started giving you the run around and playing games.

Luna

All Star
Daps
I don't know. It's tinder. It's not difficult for people who are socially awkward and have anxiety to create persona or be someone who they aren't in real life online. From your standpoint things between you and that dude were going good, but for some reason he started giving you the run around and playing games.
Yeah, after he grew unresponsive I stopped talking.
Though he reached out afterwards saying he wanted to see me. I said we could hang out, but I'm not thinking of him romantically. I'm not gonna waste my time with someone trying to figure out whatever. I assume he's keeping me in reserve. Its no biggie. I went on a date with someone else afterwards and I can't get him off my mind. Too bad he was only traveling and lives out of state.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, after he grew unresponsive I stopped talking.
Though he reached out afterwards saying he wanted to see me. I said we could hang out, but I'm not thinking of him romantically. I'm not gonna waste my time with someone trying to figure out whatever. I assume he's keeping me in reserve. Its no biggie. I went on a date with someone else afterwards and I can't get him off my mind. Too bad he was only traveling and lives out of state.
You can't get who out of your mind? The dude that's playing games or the person you want on a date with? I would delete his number and whatever else you have of him where he can communicate with you through. People that play games from the get go aren't going to stop. They may stop for a little bit, but they will start messing with your emotions again. It's best to cut him off and never look back.

There are plenty of good dudes out there that will treat you right and not play with your emotions, waste your time, etc.

Caligula

a bene placito
Daps
I'm actually glad it didn't work out for you. So many red flags. Sounds like this guy was trying to gauge your self esteem and see how far he could get with bullshyt mind games, playing hot and cold and "negging" before you caught on. Good on you for trying someone else and not giving in to loneliness or self pity. I really do wish you the best.

Is the new guy more interesting, does he engage with you more? Did you meet him on Tinder too? I honestly felt when I was dating that I couldn't meet people over the net because there are so many social and personal cues you miss that are obvious when you meet in person.

Luna

All Star
Daps
You can't get who out of your mind? The dude that's playing games or the person you want on a date with? I would delete his number and whatever else you have of him where he can communicate with you through. People that play games from the get go aren't going to stop. They may stop for a little bit, but they will start messing with your emotions again. It's best to cut him off and never look back.

There are plenty of good dudes out there that will treat you right and not play with your emotions, waste your time, etc.

You're absolutely right, and to answer your question: I couldn't stop thinking of the guy I went on a date with. I had the greatest time of the year, he made me feel relaxed.

I'm actually glad it didn't work out for you. So many red flags. Sounds like this guy was trying to gauge your self esteem and see how far he could get with bullshyt mind games, playing hot and cold and "negging" before you caught on. Good on you for trying someone else and not giving in to loneliness or self pity. I really do wish you the best.

Is the new guy more interesting, does he engage with you more? Did you meet him on Tinder too? I honestly felt when I was dating that I couldn't meet people over the net because there are so many social and personal cues you miss that are obvious when you meet in person.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I did meet him on Tinder. He said he uses it often to find local weed because he travels for a living - he's young though, 22. About the bolded: yes, that's both the problem and the advantage of online dating. Online you can be whoever you want. In person you have to display the confidence you supposedly carried yourself with. I failed but it wasn't too disastrous. Overall I had fun because I got to leave the house and finally talk to someone.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
You're absolutely right, and to answer your question: I couldn't stop thinking of the guy I went on a date with. I had the greatest time of the year, he made me feel relaxed.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I did meet him on Tinder. He said he uses it often to find local weed because he travels for a living - he's young though, 22. About the bolded: yes, that's both the problem and the advantage of online dating. Online you can be whoever you want. In person you have to display the confidence you supposedly carried yourself with. I failed but it wasn't too disastrous. Overall I had fun because I got to leave the house and finally talk to someone.
The new guy uses tinder to find weed? Make sure he isn't addicted to weed.

GhettoTeK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
bEast Coast
You only think you lack in social skills because you over think too much. As long as you can speak coherently and make sense of what you say (unlike most of the jack ass's on here, they got real social problems :mjlol:) you're good. No need to be nervous most men are easy going and understanding if he's a genuine fellow. Just be yourself and don't over think too much, hope it goes well for you on your date :wow: