First date tips?

Luna

All Star
Daps
Hey ladies, what's up?

So I finally got a date and he seems pretty awesome. Pretty damn cute, major gamer/geek, not the most eloquent fellow, but by no means an absolute retard. Seems to have the typical grievances of young men his age, as in geeks not getting any play. Though he hasn't blossomed into a woman hater yet - in fact, he's a gooey-eyed big kid like me. Not interested in being the cool guy, so to speak.

Frankly, I'm a little nervous given the fact I have limited social skills and haven't been on a date for the longest. He likes the fact that we have the same interests, but I know he's going to notice a shift in personality as soon as we meet in person. Part of the problem is that I'm self conscious about my foreign accent, can't look people straight in the eye, and get mental blocks when I try to speak. I can't just overcome this by meditation either, it manifests in a rather physical way: trembling, cracking voice, racing heart. I suspect he's a little awkward too, so I'm taking it upon myself to make it a comfortable date.

Last edited:

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
:wow: I'm jealous.

Plan on going somewhere where you can bond over like interests. I don't know what those are in your case but for example if the both of you like gaming go to an arcade.

Luna

All Star
Daps
:wow: I'm jealous.

Plan on going somewhere where you can bond over like interests. I don't know what those are in your case but for example if the both of you like gaming go to an arcade.

Gorgeous little guy too. At least to me. :wow:
Yes, there's an arcade near by and he even suggested it. I'd just prefer it to be a more relaxed environment for a first date, though. Ideally, I'd love to have a drunk picnic at a park, but I have to drive home. :shaq2:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man if yall both geeks dont even sweat it.

Like @Kant said hit an arcade (If you can find one nowadays) 9 times out of 10 if you have a foreign accent its major bonus points. Have all spoken to each other yet?

Anyway hit a comic book shop, grab a bit to eat, hit the mall or movies and just big chill and geek it up.

Seeing as yall both geeks netflix and chill is a legit option lol.

I remember when I could just date like that, now everyone got kids and want 5 star restaurants or just straight up looking for a lay.:sadcam:

I miss the good ole days .:mjcry:

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Yes, there's an arcade near by and he even suggested it. I'd just prefer it to be a more relaxed environment for a first date, though. Ideally, I'd love to have a drunk picnic at a park, but I have to drive home. :shaq2:

A drunk picnic? :heh:

Trust me, an arcade date is a lot more common because it at least starts you off on friendly terms. However, if you think eating outdoors and getting tipsy will set the right environment then...yeah, don't do that. Wait until you're actually an item. That's more of an official couple date.

Luna

All Star
Daps
Have all spoken to each other yet?

Anyway hit a comic book shop, grab a bit to eat, hit the mall or movies and just big chill and geek it up.

Seeing as yall both geeks netflix and chill is a legit option lol.

He's trying to get me to talk on the phone or on Skype, but I kept it real with him and said I'm not really comfortable speaking. :/
There are a couple cool shops, malls and movie places around so that's a good idea too!

A drunk picnic? :heh:

Trust me, an arcade date is a lot more common because it at least starts you off on friendly terms. However, if you think eating outdoors and getting tipsy will set the right environment then...yeah, don't do that. Wait until you're actually an item. That's more of an official couple date.

See? I have no clue what constitutes as appropriate for a first date. :skip:
Thanks for the heads up. Thinking about it, it does sound like something only a couple would do.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Coffee shop.

Abayo

Pro
Daps
It's only normal to be a little nervous just don't get scared n shyt
I'm really shy myself and a trick I learnt is just to put it out there from the start.
Tell him you're nervous, he might say he's nervous too and voila you'll feel much better
Don't be selfconscious, you're thinking too much of what he might think of you but stop thinking like that. It's not a job interview, be yourself. He can take it or leave it, you just came to have fun
Think like that instead
U go girl :hug:

Luna

All Star
Daps
Get out of your head, breathe and relax.
Take a relaxing bubble bath, listen to soothing music, and have a glass of good wine predate.
Wear something that makes you feel good.
I wish I could. It would help a lot. xD

It's only normal to be a little nervous just don't get scared n shyt
I'm really shy myself and a trick I learnt is just to put it out there from the start.
Tell him you're nervous, he might say he's nervous too and voila you'll feel much better
Don't be selfconscious, you're thinking too much of what he might think of you but stop thinking like that. It's not a job interview, be yourself. He can take it or leave it, you just came to have fun
Think like that instead
U go girl :hug:

That's some interesting reverse psychology and I can see it working. Thank you!

Leave your wallet at home.
Don't know what this is implying, can anyone tell me?

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I wish I could. It would help a lot. xD

That's some interesting reverse psychology and I can see it working. Thank you!

Don't know what this is implying, can anyone tell me?

My limit is a good time.

No way in hell I'm trickin on a first date. Sistas get on that litmus test tip, tryna see how deep your pockets go.

For them it's a win win... I leave my plastic at home.

Luna

All Star
Daps
My limit is a good time.

No way in hell I'm trickin on a first date. Sistas get on that litmus test tip, tryna see how deep your pockets go.

For them it's a win win... I leave my plastic at home.

He works at Dunkin Donuts, I'm not trying to see how deep his pockets go. I have too much pride to let someone treat me like a child. Pay for what you eat cause that's what I'm doing. :skip: