First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Mixed:avbehh:

The clutter of opposition in the script puts the Parker-Stacy romance on the backburner for much of the middle section, which is where editor Pietro Scalia — in unusually choppy form, particularly in the fight sequences — could have pruned this 141-minute film most liberally. Garfield and Stone continue to make a winning, plausibly playful screen couple, though the latter’s role is disappointingly curtailed until a finale that encouragingly places her in the thick of the action, only to penalize the character for her feminine pluck. Women, as ever, come up short in Hollywood’s version of the Marvel universe: The gifted Felicity Jones is handed little more than a bit part as Osborn’s slinky assistant.

It's a film of many scenes, but not much structure, of many events, but no real plot. And worst of all, it's not really about anything. Previous 'Spider-Man' films had a singular journey at their heart, even when Sam Raimi's movies were at their worst, but it's unclear what Webb is trying to say here. The various villains and side characters don't add up to anything thematically coherent, beyond "these guys will look cool as toys."

Webb does feel a little more confident with action this time around (the opening scene with Giamatti—who has nothing to do but bookend the movie with some screaming—is decently staged), but too often keeps it weightlessly CGI-driven, with few real-world elements to make you care about anything that's going on. But worse, there's less of a handle on the human beings at the film's center.

Garfield and Stone, who were the heart of the first film, remain well-cast and charming. They have chemistry in spades (unsurprising, as they're a real-life couple), and that still shines through on the screen, far more of a special effect than anything the VFX whizzes can come up with. But the film doesn't do right by the relationship. Because of Peter's promise to her father, they've become very off-again/on-again, and the result is frustrating, like watching that couple that you were friends with who lived off the drama of breaking up and getting back together. The result makes Peter into kind of a jerk (and, thanks to a "Superman Returns"-style development, kind of a creepy stalker), and Gwen into someone much more thankless than you'd ever imagine Stone was capable of playing.

But while this lengthy (much too lengthy in truth) sequel delivers plenty to enjoy there is a niggling suspicion that it succeeds thanks to goodwill and the charm of its leads rather than a smart script and controlled sense of direction. The Spider-Man character has always been a favourite with comic-book fans simply because he is the angst-ridden, slight of frame, anti-hero who is beset with ordinary problems, and while some of those elements are still intact there is a whole lot of bluster and padding here.

Running well over two hours, while the film never feels annoyingly long there is a sense that the structure doesn’t help its pacing. The fun and frothy first third gives way to a middle-section of worry, angst (and a few nicely staged comedy moments) before heading off to a dark final third that sees Peter/Spidey come of age. Set alongside current Marvel blockbuster Captain America: The Winter Soldier, there is no denying The Amazing Spider-Man 2 feels more old-fashioned with glimpses of old style comic book adaptations, and while its story may lack the sophistication and insight of Cap’s new film, it does deliver fresh-faced and delightfully performed superhero action and adventure.

Though there are inevitably a few plot inconsistencies and moments where you’re left to scratch your head, seeing as this film is about a man dressed up as a spider, saving people from a scary blue man with electronic powers, you can forgive its fantastical, surrealistic approach. By playing up to such a tone, it makes for a film that’s inherently good fun and a more than worthy trip to the cinema. Ultimately, that’s what truly matters where blockbusters are concerned – making this particular picture something of a success.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man_2/

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Agreed, but that's still pretty favorable overall.
Yeah. I'm just kinda getting tired of these superhero movies that are good, but ultimately very forgettable. Like, Winter Soldier was a good entertaining flick, but I don't see myself in 5 years going back to watch it

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Yeah. I'm just kinda getting tired of these superhero movies that are good, but ultimately very forgettable. Like, Winter Soldier was a good entertaining flick, but I don't see myself in 5 years going back to watch it
Pretty much all we are getting these days too... And its what im expecting from the new spidey

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured disney was gonna cluster fukk this movie thanks to the pressure from avengers and especially super man. I could deal with it in man of steel because the story is pretty linear, but spider man is gonna be an increasingly difficult movie to pull off narrative wise since the amount of enemies/jobbers he fights is wild.

I'll see it first week, no rush.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
best comic book movie i have ever seen...

picture-of-ghost-world-enid-and-rebecca-photo.jpg

ghost world

and i aint even trolling. most of the rest of these comic book movies leave you empty and pretty much will be forgotten in a few months