Finally saw Wonder Woman and...

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
That shyt is so gassed. I caught a nap twice trying to finish that shyt. I fukkz with the last fight tho.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best thing about it was the way Gal Gadot owned the role and did the whole "naive to the ways of the world" stuff. She acted her ass off gotta salute the performance.

Love intrest was a wack addition. But yea overall it was forgetable. I commend them on getting what they did out of WW because she's always been a dull character. The success of the movie was all marketing and it was some right place right time shyt. Funny thing is I dont think Justice League will top it. Thor 3 will probably end up being the years best movie to me.

Even if this was true, why the fukk does it matter?

There are 485858 comic book movies so it all blurs together for the general public and they feel lost if they aren't caught up on what is going on. If some women saw a WW trailer and said "ooo, this one has a woman in it, first time i've ever seen that, I'll check it out instead of Justice Avengers Part 7" then it's just proof that something perceived as fresh or new caught their attention.

That's going to be key going forward when there are so many of these kind of films, so the general audience not already caught up on everything will look for anything that stands out to help get them in the seat. There were people that don't give a shyt about the comics and only went to see Deadpool because it was Rated R. And yes there are going to be people that only go to Black Panther because it has a bunch of black people in it. It's not some evil agenda. It's something different than the norm.
Im sorry just no

I mean Elektra existed, Catwoman existed, Jennifer Lawrence led X-men exists, Suicide Squad dropped a year ago with Harley as the lead and the character is actually popular. None of these movies were consigned nor popping because "Woah they let a female act in a movie :wtf: how original!" It's funny how only men assume that logic, its almost like yall dont have enough experience to know better....

Same thing with people watching Deadpool cause it's rated R. What grown adult decides on a movie for a reason like that?

Truthfully it was the press rollout that got WW got so much attention.i remember the clickbait articles on how "important" the film was. But hey it worked. Marketing is actually one of WB/DC's few strong suits. They know how to get the big payday.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Lots of nonsense being spoken throughout this whole thread
0ef-hM.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So marvel stans go from laughing and mocking the idea of critics having bias or agendas to now proclaiming wonder woman is over rated because of feminists agendas and bias :mjlol:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
i would.....:scust:
What Spiderman are you talking about? Homecoming was waaaaaaayyyyy better than wonder woman. Wonder woman wasn't bad but it was boring. I could have watched any movie and gotten the same entertainment value.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So marvel stans go from laughing and mocking the idea of critics having bias or agendas to now proclaiming wonder woman is over rated because of feminists agendas and bias :mjlol:

I'm saying it's meh status based on watching it. It got rave reviews but in all honesty most of the non action scenes are forgettable. It had no identity. Not to mention they jacked First Avenger almost blatantly, then tried to fool nikkas with that weak villian plot twist.

I gave Gal credit. She put everything into the role but they writers and directed gave her little to work with.

And they used way to much CGI for it to be a period piece.

But I guess any decent DC movie that drops post BvS will get more props than it deserves.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I saw it last month, it was aight. The fight scenes were dope, but the romance and the main villain was corny.

People calling it DC's best film
22wKAvU.png

I don't think that's saying much
RgEJgl3.png

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Guess I'm just going to be one of the few that actually really enjoyed the romance between Diana and Steve.

I really loved this scene. It was like a nice sweet dessert after the satisfying No Man's Land sequence.