Finally got banned from ResetEra

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
they hit me with da hee

Screen-Shot-2021-10-11-at-1-17-03-PM.png

nikkas not allowed to discuss nothin over there lol:mjlol:
That place has become a parody of itself.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all love that website lol. I used to be on there daily reading the forum. I stopped completely since like last year. I just don't waste much time on forums anymore. I've gone days without even coming here either. I just don't have the energy responding to every single thing I might say that will ruffle feathers.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
they hit me with da hee

Screen-Shot-2021-10-11-at-1-17-03-PM.png

nikkas not allowed to discuss nothin over there lol:mjlol:
I hope it wasn't over that Jim Ryan Middle East story LOLOL. :gucci: That thread caught a lot of bodies and I knew what was coming from the jump. That place is becoming more totalitarian and cynical by the day and makes me engage less. *OP creates contentious topic, someone expresses a dissenting opinion and then predictably a bunch of people pile on and report said poster*. That's the MO. It's why I suddenly started posting here even though I joined in like 2013. I used to love GAF/era, met some cool people who I still game with but both sites have become some sort of fukking social experiment.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope it wasn't over that Jim Ryan Middle East story LOLOL. :gucci: That thread caught a lot of bodies and I knew what was coming from the jump. That place is becoming more totalitarian and cynical by the day and makes me engage less. *OP creates contentious topic, someone expresses a dissenting opinion and then predictably a bunch of people pile on and report said poster*. That's the MO. It's why I suddenly started posting here even though I joined in like 2013. I used to love GAF/era, met some cool people who I still game with but both sites have become some sort fukking of social experiment.

Yep, i didn’t even comment about it in the thread :russ:

Like if they’re outraged about some shyt, there is no telling them nothing. Like whats the point if the entire place is just gonna be an echo chamber? Why have a discussion forum?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Threads over there be like: "Not having any queer romance options in the latest Need for Speed game is problematic on many levels."

"Transphobia is prevalent in Super Mario Origins. Why is Mario so afraid of Bowser in a dress?"

Then the threads that are about something going on be having official staff posts pinned to the top like:

*Thread*

" Kojima is talking about rape in Death Stranding "

*Normal user*

"Guys, we don't even know what the dialogue is about nor have we played it yet.. How about we wait until it comes out and see if it's Kojima dismissing rape and is telling a message?"

*user banned for 3 months:Dismissing rape/Victim blaming. Shifting the topic to level headed rationale about rape instead of pitchfork mob outrage*

Bruh I’m fukking dying….:laff::laff::laff::laff:

That is an actual real thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You know whats funny? I used to cringe when people used to go on about the “both sides” and “extreme left” and all that shyt on twiter over the years but after really signing up for Resetera and trying to just discuss anything, i see now. It’s like one forum is going off about forced diversity (gaf) and one is going off about how theres are no trans people in smash bros.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Yep, i didn’t even comment about it in the thread :russ:

Like if they’re outraged about some shyt, there is no telling them nothing. Like whats the point if the entire place is just gonna be an echo chamber? Why have a discussion forum?
Figured. I've been banned 2x in the last month alone, once for "dismissing homophobia/bigotry" in the DONDA thread :stopitslime:and the other for "antagonizing users over a series of posts." I'm all for creating a more inclusive industry but it's like walking on eggshells in that bytch. Hell, you can catch heat for simply being indifferent lmao. There are so many lost teachable moments because conversations are constantly shut down by a handful of angry, virtue signaling (and I hate that phrase) people. Like, with the Kanye thing...the point I was trying to make was that hip-hop (and by proxy Black culture) has a complicated relationship with homosexuality. I'm not endorsing what Dababy said or Kanye's decision to feature him on the album, but don't come up in here declaring everybody a homophobe because we're not "cancelling" him. Especially when in the past the man has been open about his disdain for the way rappers deal with gay people. *BANNED*. That's when I realized what that place is becoming. Nuanced and balanced discussion isn't welcome. What they don't realize is that even if you think someone's opinion is bad (assuming it's in good faith), you combat it with something better. Not silence it. Is that not the point of a forum?! That's when I was like fukk it, I'll stick to the gaming side and just occasionally post my snide remarks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Figured. I've been banned 2x in the last month alone, once for "dismissing homophobia/bigotry" in the DONDA thread :stopitslime:and the other for "antagonizing users over a series of posts." I'm all for creating a more inclusive industry but it's like walking on eggshells in that bytch. Hell, you can catch heat for simply being indifferent lmao. There are so many lost teachable moments because conversations are constantly shut down by a handful of angry, virtue signaling (and I hate that phrase) people. Like, with the Kanye thing...the point I was trying to make was that hip-hop (and by proxy Black culture) has a complicated relationship with homosexuality. I'm not endorsing what Dababy said or Kanye's decision to feature him on the album, but don't come up in here declaring everybody a homophobe because we're not "cancelling" him. Especially when in the past the man has been open about his disdain for the way rappers deal with gay people. *BANNED*. That's when I realized what that place is becoming. Nuanced and balanced discussion isn't welcome. What they don't realize is that even if you think someone's opinion is bad (assuming it's in good faith), you combat it with something better. Not silence it. Is that not the point of a forum?! That's when I was like fukk it, I'll stick to the gaming side and just occasionally post my snide remarks.
The problem is you thought ResetERA was a discussion forum. It's a safe space for people who have a very specific set of views and anyone who doesn't align with those views is kicked out. Safe spaces aren't about creating or taking advantage of teachable moments. You can say some of the most vile things in that place as long as it matches the views of the mods. You can wish death on people and rejoice in human suffering as long as your target is say some right wing personality. The place has no real morality to its rules. It's simply the other side of an extremist coin.

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You know whats funny? I used to cringe when people used to go on about the “both sides” and “extreme left” and all that shyt on twiter over the years but after really signing up for Resetera and trying to just discuss anything, i see now. It’s like one forum is going off about forced diversity (gaf) and one is going off about how theres are no trans people in smash bros.

The ironic part of this is that they have a whole ass thread about the sexualization of women in games and how they shouldn't be used for eyecandy, yet they say "No slut shaming, support sex workers on OnlyFans."

That whole entire thread is basically slut shaming :skip:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The ironic part of this is that they have a whole ass thread about the sexualization of women in games and how they shouldn't be used for eyecandy, yet they say "No slut shaming, support sex workers on OnlyFans."

That whole entire thread is basically slut shaming :skip:

Exactly.

Its also weird because you get banned for being like, “yeah i understand what you mean, but also think about….” But when the game comes out there will be a official OT for it and no one will care again aside from a select few people coming in and posting links to the other thread and leaving. So they don’t actually care that much just like the people they are banning.

For example Nier Replicant got a big OT there and people were fine with everything. I hate that fake activism shyt.

Same thing goes for the whole activision/blizzard stuff, people will be like fukk BLIZZARD YAAAAH!!!! And anyone who says different is getting cooked, yet they won’t ban discussion threads on their games they just wanna sit around and feel good about themselves.