Finally found a dude who fasho did all calisthenics and got dumb swole and strong

sinistersouth

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City. I mean Kansas.
My body is laughing at body weight exercises unless I do some crazy sh or 2,000 reps
there's no difference, genius. your body isn't "laughing" at bodyweight exercises, you just have to wear your target muscle down to only being capable of hypertrophy rep range, to build muscle. it doesn't take doing anything "crazy" to do that either, damn sure not 2,000 fukking reps. the only advantage weights have is being able to do that from the start :unimpressed:

technically you're getting a two-fer with calisthenics. the first half being an endurance workout, the 2nd half hypertrophy :blessed:

you get the beeeeeeeest of both worlds
full

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
there's no difference, genius. your body isn't "laughing" at bodyweight exercises, you just have to wear your target muscle down to only being capable of hypertrophy rep range, to build muscle. it doesn't take doing anything "crazy" to do that either, damn sure not 2,000 fukking reps. the only advantage weights have is being able to do that from the start :unimpressed:

technically you're getting a two-fer with calisthenics. the first half being an endurance workout, the 2nd half hypertrophy :blessed:

you get the beeeeeeeest of both worlds
full

TALK TO EM!!!!!! :salute:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never understand how brehs come out looking swole af BUT everybody says 'Nutrition is 80%' and I can't imagine they have access to great, high quality food/protein sources in prison.

How does this work? @A.R. and others
:ohhh:

Are we just lazier than dudes in jail or is it also that they have all day and we don't, we have shyt to do? Or are those just excuses?
It's just carbs being put to use

Ramen and cheetos will have you :flabbynsick:real quick if you're sitting down all day, but its perfect fuel to knock out them 500 burpees

That plus time to SLEEP are why nikkas come out of prison shredded up

A simple formula is weighing your rep volume against the amount of time you have to sleep or nap in a day. This is one of the most daunting things about calisthenics for nikkas that work the typical american work shift.

Using myself as an example, I don't work normal 9 to 5 type hours so I'm able to squeeze in multiple reps/small sets of bodyweight excercise throughout the day. This ain't impossible for a lot of workers, but most nikkas don't wanna look crazy at work knocking out random sets of pushups

Spreading the load throughout the day is exponentially better than trying to knock out a big workout over the course of 1-2 hours

Last edited:

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just carbs being put to use

Ramen and cheetos will have you :flabbynsick:real quick if you're sitting down all day, but its perfect fuel to knock out them 500 burpees

That plus time to SLEEP are why nikkas come out of prison shredded up

A simple formula is weighing your rep volume against the amount of time you have to sleep or nap in a day. This is one of the most daunting things about calisthenics for nikkas that work the typical american work shift.

Using myself as an example, I don't work normal 9 to 5 type hours so I'm able to squeeze in multiple reps/small sets of bodyweight excercise throughout the day. This ain't impossible for a lot of workers, but most nikkas don't wanna look crazy at work knocking out random sets of pushups

Spreading the load throughout the is exponentially better than trying to knock out a big workout over the course of 1-2 hours
I hear about taking naps a lot to get that look you want. Sleeps seems to be right up there with diet. What’s does sleep actually do for your gains and I heard in jail they teach each other how to take naps.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
anyone who believes Rashid or Panda are natural is either a child, or a dumbass.

When it comes to the fitness industry, you just gotta assume that person is lying.

Im sure there are people that can do 100% calisthenics and have a great body...
...its just doesnt make sense for the average person because of the time it takes.

My legs are by far the biggest and strongest part of my body because ive been cycling (bicycle) for years...
...but the amount of time ive spent on a bike would not make sense for anyone that doesnt enjoy it.

Like, yall are bringing up olympians and pro athletes...
...a normal person isnt dedicating that amount of time a pro athlete does.

Its lifting for 45 minutes 3 times a week versus thousands of reps.
You can easily do an intense workout doing calisthenics and see results faster.

Im doing jumprope, pushups, and boxing and i must admit i feel intensely fatigued after im done, MUCH FASTER

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear about taking naps a lot to get that look you want. Sleeps seems to be right up there with diet. What’s does sleep actually do for your gains and I heard in jail they teach each other how to take naps.
Yea sleep is right up there with diet

Put simply your body is constantly destroying and rebuilding itself. Excercise exacerbates the destruction. Sleep exacerbates the rebuilding

Where nikkas fukk up is going hard with the workouts and not getting the accommodating rest. At a certain point you'll burn out or plateau

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea sleep is right up there with diet

Put simply your body is constantly destroying and rebuilding itself. Excercise exacerbates the destruction. Sleep exacerbates the rebuilding

Where nikkas fukk up is going hard with the workouts and not getting the accommodating rest. At a certain point you'll burn out or plateau
You taking naps or getting a full 8 hours? For me it’s impossible to get 8 my body always wakes up after 6 hrs :yeshrug:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Update: I reached my bday goal of doing 2000 push ups on May 7. I've been doing between 700-1000 pushups almost everyday since March 15.

Results: Brehs, this the best i've looked and i've been lifting for close to 10 years. Chest, shoulders are on point. Traps have grown substantially in three months.

I'm seriously considering going all calisthenics. It's better for the joints anyway.

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Update: I reached my bday goal of doing 2000 push ups on May 7. I've been doing between 700-1000 pushups almost everyday since March 15.

Results: Brehs, this the best i've looked and i've been lifting for close to 10 years. Chest, shoulders are on point. Traps have grown substantially in three months.

I'm seriously considering going all calisthenics. It's better for the joints anyway.
You been getting a lot of rest with it? And how’s your diet been? The most I’ve ever did in a day was 300 shyt had my arms spaghetti like

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You been getting a lot of rest with it? And how’s your diet been? The most I’ve ever did in a day was 300 shyt had my arms spaghetti like

Ive been getting plenty of rest since I can’t go anywhere. Diet has been so-so, only because I’ve been buying in bulk and I switched from from fresh veggies to canned the last few months.

How many sets are you doing at a time? If just starting out, do 20-25 at a time and take a few minutes break.

I was regularly working out with 225 on the bench and 210 on the incline so I built up chest and arm strength. Since I only weigh 150 pounds, doing 50 set pushups is pretty easy for me.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ive been getting plenty of rest since I can’t go anywhere. Diet has been so-so, only because I’ve been buying in bulk and I switched from from fresh veggies to canned the last few months.

How many sets are you doing at a time? If just starting out, do 20-25 at a time and take a few minutes break.

I was regularly working out with 225 on the bench and 210 on the incline so I built up chest and arm strength. Since I only weigh 150 pounds, doing 50 set pushups is pretty easy for me.
What are you doing for legs? Air squats?