Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know some people are hype on this game, but the more i see, i’m just not seeing it.

Combat is action, but it doesn’t really look twitch/skill based like a dmc. Seems all like automatic button mashing shyt. Dude just teleports to each enemy and goes ham. Don’t see any strategy happening or anything that looks like a challenge to pull off.

As far as i’ve seen there’s been no real talk of towns, or puzzles, mini games, exploration. Just walking down hallways and fighting and watching some emotional story.

IDK about this one, unless there’s a bunch they are holding back on.:patrice:
I got faith in ole Ryota suzuki, he hasn't really let me down when it comes to combat in anything he's been involved in. As far as the rest of the game, I can't really comment on I've really been trying to keep informed but not watch or be to knowledgable on anything so it can all be brand new when I'm playing for the 1st time.

idk I expect it to be more Dramatic and less like a typical FF game tbh... as long as they don't handle towns and traversal like Stranger of Paradise I should be good.

But I'm sure they are holding some stuff back, I was told that the game is a masterpiece so hopefully that wasn't just all hype.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
94023-BF9-64-E0-4-CCF-A287-73-E11-F96983-A.gif

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Glad I took this off my radar after that no minorities mess.

The combat is flashy no doubt, but this ain’t no final fantasy I wanna play. That preview bored me half to death :beli:

Not highly optimistic based on early feedback from people that have played the game? Some dubbing it a masterpiece and a strong contender for GOAT FF game. I guess word of mouth from general gamers will reflect where this game stands. I personally think we are in for something special.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Not highly optimistic based on early feedback from people that have played the game? Some dubbing it a masterpiece and a strong contender for GOAT FF game. I guess word of mouth from general gamers will reflect where this game stands. I personally think we are in for something special.
I'm always hopefull for a good rpg so we'll see...but fukk Square either way. It don't even gotta make sense :manny: :aicmon: it is what it is :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yeah, people sleepin, I honestly think this will be better than rebirth.

The big FF fans mad because this isn’t turn based (lol) are gonna be throwing fits this time next year because they changed the story for 7

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’ve made my peace with the fact that turn based combat is gone from this series going forward. I like the summon battles so that should be fun. The rest of the combat is whatever. I’ll just play for the story mostly. That looks like it will be solid. I will miss having an actual party of characters. It’s sounding like the companions are like Elizabeth from Bioshock.