Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Never played 14, is it good?
Its lit :wow:
I enjoy it from time to time.
Just be mentally ready for the quests between the base game and Heavensward
Its fukking torture.
But Heavensward is good as hell im currently on the last quest watching the cutscene rn

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk Gizmo Chocobo, ima tell you what the game is really like.

*disclaimer, Square did chop down on the questing required to finish a Realm Reborn to get to the better stuff, so props to them, at least several dozen quests of bullshyt no longer required*

FF14 at the end of the day is still an MMO. A Realm Reborn(known as ARR) despite the changes is still fukking painful to get through. you'll have quests that require you to go back and forth several times just talking to people, and fast travel to Aether sites costs gil. the first 60 hours of the game is painful to get through. I legit fell asleep 7 times playing the base game, its nonsense and the story is whatever.

Now, if you can stomach putting up with 60 hours of bullshyt, the story improves from Heavensward on(Shadowbringers was my personal favorite main quest story). but thats a lot to ask for a person to put up with dozens of hours of boredom before a game picks up. and keep in mind, that doesnt mean the boringness of the quests changes, it means hey they added some interesting story beats to these shytty quests.

After Realm Reborn, it becomes easier to travel thanks to your companion Chocobo being able to take flight.

there is much content, but damn can the game feel tedious. I can only do 2 days at a time before I get burnout.

The writing improves as you move on(although I though Endwalkers MSQ was weaker than Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers).

Theres plenty of content to do, you can even get your own home, and the community is one of the nicer ones that I' e seen in an MMO.

But at the end of the day, I cant blame a person for bushing the game due to its costly time commitment to get good. and even when it gets good, thats more story wise, the quest tediousness remains.

Pray to god when you grinding dungeons you dont roll Preatorium. I be checking email and posting on TheColi when them cutscenes hit:sadcam:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's a commitment, well worth it imo, but that's just me as I appreciate when games get deep and more technical.

That means because it's an MMO, you'll have to do a lot of research. There's always an investment.

It's a long game, no doubt. They've made progress quicker by making most of the content outside of the big fights soloable but it'll still take time.

By the end of May (whenever the next update is) nearly the whole game and all it's expansions are practically soloable (although you can opt in for group content).

I think creating the character you want and having a job/class that matches what you find interesting goes a long way into these games.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
AbandonedBlandBoa-size_restricted.gif