Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

Not about to get me again with this

:mjlol:

Maybe it then goes on PC afterwards.😏

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Am I the only one confused about people suddenly being outraged about why there aren’t POC/Black people in Final Fantasy? It’s like the number one thing I always talk about, I’ve said this day one that FFXV would be infinitely more appealing to me if pronto or ignis or someone had been of a different race, and most people just shrug their shoulders.

Like, yes, i want more black people in AAA games especially more JRPGS but who expected that final fantasy 16 would break the mold? I also don’t expect a Japanese man to be any more nuanced regarding the issue, he should have said “we didn’t even think about it” which would most likely be the truth.

Are people gonna complain about the next dragon quest or persona games not having POC also? I’m not saying its not a valid concern but I’m just not seeing why its suddenly a problem for Era types now with this game?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Am I the only one confused about people suddenly being outraged about why there aren’t POC/Black people in Final Fantasy? It’s like the number one thing I always talk about, I’ve said this day one that FFXV would be infinitely more appealing to me if pronto or ignis or someone had been of a different race, and most people just shrug their shoulders.

Like, yes, i want more black people in AAA games especially more JRPGS but who expected that final fantasy 16 would break the mold? I also don’t expect a Japanese man to be any more nuanced regarding the issue, he should have said “we didn’t even think about it” which would most likely be the truth.

Are people gonna complain about the next dragon quest or persona games not having POC also? I’m not saying its not a valid concern but I’m just not seeing why its suddenly a problem for Era types now with this game?

Square has a bad history with how they represented black characters in their games. That's why they were even asked this question to begin with. Barret, Sazh, etc were all token characters full of stereotypes.

And the problem is the bullshyt justification. Blessing said it perfectly. You created all these arbitrary rules for your world, but when it comes to including black and brown people, we're seemingly breaking the threshold for what is now realistic in this fantasy world. But where do all these anime tropes belong in a supposedly medieval European fantasy world?

At the end of the day, this is gaming. It's always been like this, so people aren't going to stop playing this game, but it's perfectly reasonable to be upset by the bullshyt reasoning.

And we gotta stop the whole "but they're Japanese" excuse like Square Enix isn't doing business at a global level today with Final Fantasy being a global brand lol. We have the internet too so it's not like these people are socially isolated.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Square has a bad history with how they represented black characters in their games. That's why they were even asked this question to begin with. Barret, Sazh, etc were all token characters full of stereotypes.

And the problem is the bullshyt justification. Blessing said it perfectly. You created all these arbitrary rules for your world, but when it comes to including black and brown people, we're seemingly breaking the threshold for what is now realistic in this fantasy world. But where do all these anime tropes belong in a supposedly medieval European fantasy world?

At the end of the day, this is gaming. It's always been like this, so people aren't going to stop playing this game, but it's perfectly reasonable to be upset by the bullshyt reasoning.

And we gotta stop the whole "but they're Japanese" excuse like Square Enix isn't doing business at a global level today with Final Fantasy being a global brand lol. We have the internet too so it's not like these people are socially isolated.

Look at me, arguing with myself :mjgrin:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'mma be 100 I could care less if there is any black people in this game. I don't trust xenophobic asians to depict black people accurately anyway.

I already know Forspoken characterization is possibly going to be complete foolishness.