Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
I think at some point they gotta go back and either do sequels or remakes of pre-3D Final Fantasy games

I can't imagine a Final Fantasy 20. It doesn't really roll off the tongue

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
From the Sakaguchi/Yoshida talk at Tokyo Game Show.
  • Main Scenario are complete
  • Models are almost complete
  • They just have to brush up some of the quality a bit
  • Yoshida said Square would kill him if he revealed how much time production lasted (my guess is since Heavensward so 2015/2016)
  • They started with the scenario and they didn't stop working on it. They started with a small number of people. The production period was long but they didn't want to increase manpower until they had something that was good and they decided on what they wanted to do.
  • They prioritized scenario and then divided the scenes
  • Sakaguchi asked if he could write a quest for the game. Yoshida said he could do it for FF14 instead, he replied he doesn't want to go against Matsuno and Yoko

Livestream:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
That’s great now they need to start showing more, I am fairly optimistic about this game and think it will surprise people.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
They should make it so that you can "delay the game".

One of the things that made Final Fantasy 8 feel very open and freeing and fun to play is that playing triple triad, collecting cards, and grinding were all things you could do to make progress in the game without necessarily even advancing the story.

We need some stuff like that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

FHlsQwaaIAEb8fJ