Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The quick dimensional shifts are also a huge component of the R&C gameplay. That's not possible on the PS4.
So you'd admit that GoW/HZD/GT7 will not be true next-gen games then?

As in taking advantage of the PS5 hardware where it couldn't be played anywhere else?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So you'd admit that GoW/HZD/GT7 will not be true next-gen games then?

As in taking advantage of the PS5 hardware where it couldn't be played anywhere else?

it'll take advantage simply due to the faster loading times, processor, framerate etc and use the dual sense. that will make it next gen.

the only thing you lose by it being cross gen is if you don't have a ps5 and you get lower res and framerates and no dual sense, raytracing, etc.

seeing Miles on the PS4 Pro (gave it to my sons) and my PS5, it still looks good, but PS5 version easily stood out.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
it'll take advantage simply due to the faster loading times, processor, framerate etc and use the dual sense. that will make it next gen.

the only thing you lose by it being cross gen is if you don't have a ps5 and you get lower res and framerates and no dual sense, raytracing, etc.

seeing Miles on the PS4 Pro (gave it to my sons) and my PS5, it still looks good, but PS5 version easily stood out.
So either Ratchet and Clank could have definitely been ported to the PS4 or will it be more next-gen than those upcoming cross-gen titles?

Daps

it MM's sales continue to dominate on PS5 (the 80/20, 90/10 splits continue), I can see Spiderman 2 being PS5 exclusive as cross gen won't make sense from a business perspective after that. It also depends on what Insomniac wants to do.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it MM's sales continue to dominate on PS5 (the 80/20, 90/10 splits continue), I can see Spiderman 2 being PS5 exclusive as cross gen won't make sense from a business perspective after that. It also depends on what Insomniac wants to do.

if it drops in 2023 like @Gizmo_Duck predicts, the chances of it being PS5 only are VERY high.

Anything before that will probably be cross gen, but I don't think it will compromise the PS5 version. Last gen users will just lose out with a lower res, framerate, dualsense, loading, raytracing, etc.

The PS5 supply issue should also hopefully be over by then hopefully.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So either Ratchet and Clank could have definitely been ported to the PS4 or will it be more next-gen than those upcoming cross-gen titles?

you can't do R&C on the PS4 with the way the game was designed. That's the reason it's ps5 only.

Daps
if it drops in 2023 like @Gizmo_Duck predicts, the chances of it being PS5 only are VERY high.

Anything before that will probably be cross gen, but I don't think it will compromise the PS5 version. Last gen users will just lose out with a lower res, framerate, dualsense, loading, raytracing, etc.

The PS5 supply issue should also hopefully be over by then hopefully.

Even w/ shortages PS5's install base will be around 30+ mil by the end of 2022. It will still be PS5 exclusive even if it releases in 2022 because they have to plan that ahead of time starting now if it were to slip into 2023 which is highly likely. If it is cross gen, it would not be surprising but very disappointing. If it's 2022 I expect a late 2022 release around the anniversary or they could release another standalone MM game/DLC until Spiderman 2 drops in 2023. I expect 2nd half AAA 2022 games onwards to be PS5 exclusive w/ cross gen here and there. Eventually Sony has to start making system selling PS5 exclusives. Spiderman 2 is their biggest established franchise coming out after horizon and gow releases. If that's cross gen, they would have to rely on a new PS5 exclusive IP to sell the system. If Spiderman 2 is cross gen, Insomniac's next gen vision of what Spiderman 2 could be WILL be compromised

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Insomniac are already fully comfortable developing on the PS5 there’s no way they do cross gen after R&C.

no game that starts development in 2020 and beyond is gonna be on last gen hardware. It’s more work to downgrade to last gen after that point. HFW and GoW was developed on the ps4 it’s a completely different situation to add rather than reduce.

that’s why cyberpunk is in the situation it’s in

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I am hoping the PlayStation state of play shows more about this game.
xJPU-kPJ1P2uxqvitlTxAkwWFj2bYFnFGRu_vXMwcGxOk3cjAiYDUiURB_pltjWmQ8S0oqvLSvlJitgoMxXmZZfvIiSrR5pI9y5Vlg