Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hopefully yall are doing the side quests. A lot of the story about the world is offloaded to them once you get to the late game plot. Most of the characters you meet in the main plot have continued quest lines in the side quest.

It sucks because it gets in the way of getting back to epic boss fights but it's also tied to game upgrades like being able to "run" faster and hold more potions having them heal more.

Monster hunts are crucial to upgrades too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just did a sidequest i didn’t even think was important and i got a whole long cutscene with a bunch of important characters and backstory

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully yall are doing the side quests. A lot of the story about the world is offloaded to them once you get to the late game plot. Most of the characters you meet in the main plot have continued quest lines in the side quest.

It sucks because it gets in the way of getting back to epic boss fights but it's also tied to game upgrades like being able to "run" faster and hold more potions having them heal more.

:ohhh: had no idea, is that mainly the ones with the plus signs?

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men

Yea I'm doing every side quest before I think a big event is about to happen.

Just upgraded the # of potions I am able to carry, about to get Excalibur, and learned a lot more about Otto

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:ohhh: had no idea, is that mainly the ones with the plus signs?

+ sign sidequest give you significant upgrades, like increased inventory, more potent potions, etc.

The “!” Give you good lore, and increases your reputation so you can claim prizes at the hideout

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FzgfIKIWAAc-311

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yea I'm doing every side quest before I think a big event is about to happen.

Just upgraded the # of potions I am able to carry, about to get Excalibur, and learned a lot more about Otto
That’s basically what I always do. I always try to do all the side quests I can before beating the game.

Feels so much better doing it that way.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still in Homecoming mission.... just exploring and fighting monsters to gain up my level before I meet to speak with Martha. I'm on level 23 so far.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

doing every single one