Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I will also say i enjoy the map layout and structure of this game way more than an open world or even god of war. The latter is fairly linear which is whatever, the thing that makes gow maps annoying is not being able to teleport wherever you are so it makes traversal tedious when you are cleaning up. Open world like ToTK where its just a whole lot of the same content spread out is also kind of whatever.

This game having big open zones where you can go find marks and random sidequest is almost ideal for me. I wish there were more secret zones to happen upon though but overall this map is only second to FF12 for me. Its almost completely up to you if you want to just play it as a linear experience as to let you know from the onset, “theres nothing over there”

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t went to sleep at 4AM for a game in years.
Breh I hit the part when you go after the mothercrystal at like 2am and was dog tired like “maaan let me just see how much longer this next part is then I’ll go to bed”

I was up until 5am still playing it :russ:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Creative Business 2 needs to stay away from FF games.

Keep CB1 and 3 on this series.

Gun to my head I couldn't tell you anything memorable in FFXV aside from nice graphics in one of those later cities.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just realized this is essentially clives outfit, just add a cloak

i2ETAmo_d.webp

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just did my first eikon fight (outside of the prologue I mean)

God damn :wow:

The initial fight, the lead up, then the transformation, along with the music, and then the actual eikon fight..Jesus :damn:

In terms of games in general was by far the dopest fukking thing iv seen so far this gen

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is literally like a playable cutscene instead of having quick time events you get those wild crazy maneuvers as moves you can do on command. I can't even understand how they topped that Titan fight but they did easily.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Creative Business 2 needs to stay away from FF games.

Keep CB1 and 3 on this series.

Gun to my head I couldn't tell you anything memorable in FFXV aside from nice graphics in one of those later cities.

Yeah my favourite "Creative Business Studio" is 3 - 1 aren't too bad, 2 is meh and I'm not fukking with 4 yet. 5 are darkhorses though, they might step up as the best "Creative Business Studio" at Square yet; we'll have to wait and see.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
XV still has one of the most memorable and impactful endings.
The final boss of XV they tried and failed to create the sort of cinematic battles this game makes look effortless. I don't think XV was as bad as people make it out to be. It was a flawed game but then again so is XVI but it has such high highs that many will forgive it's flaws while XV had a great ending and a solid antagonist but not much else.

This game reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy XIII from a structure standpoint. Especially how the game sections off a lot of the gameplay mechanics until past halfway and the large open fields that are mostly empty like gran pulse. The upgrades are mostly attached to monster hunts and XIII also stripped away a lot of the mechanics people liked from Final Fantasy in favor of a cinematic experience (which it failed at). Also plot details and context sectioned off in datalogs.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Was this first big boss fight…(the two…to be nondescript…fire things) jittery as fukk for y’all too? I mean, shyt looked like it was in slow motion at times.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got the 2nd eikon ability and damn this makes you even more powerful :wow:

Idk this is shaping up to be my favorite game this year :lupe:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
A little bit of AOT and GOT =piff

Graphics mode beats whatever that performance trash is lol