Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Awww damn man. You hurt my feelings. Why'd you have to go and do that. How will I ever go on?
Idk how you will but I’m sure you’ll find a way turn based cry baby :umad:
Ima enjoy this game while you’re here typing and crying in this thread like :sadcam:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait did someone say the combat in Zelda is better than this? No fukking way.

Most of the reviews have been extremely on point. The production values and battle system are S tier. Story seems good and mature. The RPG elements are pretty bare but I dunno it doesn't seem that different from most RPGs TBH. You have a skill tree and you allocate points to it. I don't see anything more barebones here than in any other modern RPG. The genre has a whole especially RPGS made in Japan have taken a step back when compared to western games which more often let you customize your characters in more ways.

The side quest complaints are legit though. I don't think there is really any point in having quest like that anymore...hunts and bounties will always be cool but these other quest are not necessary in games anymore. Pick up these bowls and distribute them around.....like why? Just pad out the main quest if you have some sort of time goal for players..

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Idk how you will but I’m sure you’ll find a way turn based cry baby :umad:
Ima enjoy this game while you’re here typing and crying in this thread like :sadcam:
Ohhhhh wow. Turn based cry baby. With that sort of wit, no wonder this is the kind of game you like. :mjlol:

Next thing you know, he'll call me a poopy head or a stinky face. There really is no comeback for such scathing put downs. :mjcry:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
take the stan glasses off for 3 seconds I was laughing at breh saying he thinks zelda combat is better than this. I'm one of the biggest nintendo haters on here
Aye man I ain’t read a lot of earlier pages because I ain’t tryna get spoiled by idiots like Dre Space Age so I didn’t know the context :manny:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's CRAZY just how fast that Zelda comment went left. I see how news and shyt gets misquoted or perceived in crazy ways. People read something, spin it their own way then go off the rails.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The first real Eikon battle is nuts. I'm guessing it must be Clive's job to slay all of them even the ones he's friends with

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Ended up playing this till 4 a.m. Couldn’t put it down. Today is about to be ROUGH to get through, because I’m not the type that can function on minimal sleep.

So impressions wise I think the most impressive thing so far is the dialogue and voice acting. I haven’t cringed once in my play through yet which is shocking. I don’t HATE cringey dialogue.. as a JRPG fan it’s inevitable, but man writing/acting in this game is right below games like TLOU and RDR2.

I haven’t done any sidequests. The main story has been so gripping so far I haven’t really wanted to do side shyt yet. I’ll dip into them later.

Feeling pretty good about this FF so far.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Ended up playing this till 4 a.m. Couldn’t put it down. Today is about to be ROUGH to get through, because I’m not the type that can function on minimal sleep.

So impressions wise I think the most impressive thing so far is the dialogue and voice acting. I haven’t cringed once in my play through yet which is shocking. I don’t HATE cringey dialogue.. as a JRPG fan it’s inevitable, but man writing/acting in this game is right below games like TLOU and RDR2.

I haven’t done any sidequests. The main story has been so gripping so far I haven’t really wanted to do side shyt yet. I’ll dip into them later.

Feeling pretty good about this FF so far.
No work tomorrow ima probably all nighter it I might get knocked out by a weed coma though :mjlit: