Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reviewers are funny:

*Square puts a PoC in their game*

"This is awful, they don't know how to write PoCs"

*Square puts out a game with no PoCs in it*

"Why are there no PoCs"

Stop. There is nuance to be had in this conversation. You can put people of color in your game and write/execute them well. FF13 was fukking awful but they showed that they are at least capable of doing a black character that isn't cringe as fukk or full of stereotypes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stop. There is nuance to be had in this conversation. You can put people of color in your game and write/execute them well. FF13 was fukking awful but they showed that they are at least capable of doing a black character that isn't cringe as fukk or full of stereotypes.

A black man running about with a Afro acting as a birds nest sure is the representation i desire in my japanese games

Flexington

All Star
Daps
My only concerns are that enemy variety might feel low...and after 30 hrs or so the combat might get a bit stale; and loot might not matter. If it doesn't then it may not encourage ppl to explore. Like getting a new set of armor, or handle in GoW motivated you to explore. Even if you didn't know what was there you might be hoping to find that item because it catered to your play style/build. I guess that's what the rings will be though?

If we don't get new weapons (Eikon moveset vary a lot so maybe that's enough) or some ways to switch up the sword attacks the variations in movesets might feel like you're just doing the same thing with different eikon attacks as combo extenders/finishers.

And even if that is the case....I think I'll be happy with this :blessed:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
the lack of rpg elements has me :francis: come on no debuffs, buffs etc c'mon this is just an action game with the FF title lol anyway whatever

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and horizon FW should have been at least a 90+ also :yeshrug:

Still no open world game that matched the scope and detail of that game, this industry once they set their bias’s they just dig their heels in with them
It’s the most beautiful looking game iv ever seen, but can’t be more than 90 with its bland story and characters

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game Rant Review

10/10

Also Game Rant

“The game is by no means perfect – its pacing is inconsistent and side quests can be hit or miss”